Alien vs. Predator Movie Next August

glane21

Well then, time to be political about this:

This movie is going to SUCK ASS so bad that... I'm going to see it!

It will blow to no end... while I watch it in the theater!

I just might enjoy this movie... as it stinks up the screen!

:ph34r:

Seriously though, it's ALIENS! and PREDATORS! and people! Duking it out! in Antarctica(?)!

Sure a lot can go wrong but let's hope at least a few things go right. At least the Crypt Keeper... I mean... Sigourney Weaver isn't in this one.

Seriously though, it's ALIENS! and PREDATORS! and people! Duking it out! in Antarctica(?)!

Sure a lot can go wrong but let's hope at least a few things go right. At least the Crypt Keeper... I mean... Sigourney Weaver isn't in this one.

Well according to the books, Predator ships carry a restrained alien queen in their hold, which they use to spread eggs on different planets. Then they hunt the aliens before one of them goes tranny and turns into a queen, and start building a hive. Humans are usually the ones who screw it up for both sides.

So because of the books, comics, and that alien skull scene in predator 2, Aliens vs. Predators doesn't seem like a strange thing, seems a bit natural almost.

Unlike Freddy vs. Jason, which is crap and should never had been thought of.

Antartica though...

Predators just don't like the damn cold, though they can survive in extreme weather conditions without protective clothing. I dont believe they have any other type of clothing except for their "hunting" outfits. Even when casual, they just take the armor and weaponry off.

Preds can just walk around Antartica with a metal loin cloth and probably not die from the cold, they would probably just bitch alot.

Preds always hunt in hot, tropical locations, and wouldn't set foot in a place like Antartica unless they really had to. Like in one of the books, when they crashlanded in Alaska.

Edited by ulyssesdraco

I don't think the Aliens and Predators are going to be fighting in the snow, if anything they'll probably be on an underground bunker or something.

Maybe the reason the Predator is down there, is because his ship crashlanded with some alien eggs and the human colony down there goes to retrieve it, take them (Aliens & predator) back to base and all hell breaks lose.

It's a possibility. :p

I don't think the Aliens and Predators are going to be fighting in the snow, if anything they'll probably be on an underground bunker or something.

Maybe the reason the Predator is down there, is because his ship crashlanded with some alien eggs and the human colony down there goes to retrieve it, take them (Aliens & predator) back to base and all hell breaks lose.

It's a possibility. :p

Actually... it could make a whole lot of sense. A Predator ship crash landed on antartica base. Poor human fool went to investigate the crash, probably found a sort of escape pod. Guess what was inside? Yep... a mind condition Alien Queen ready to spawn thousands of eggs on an unsuspecting human base.

After many attempts to contact the base, and after many rescue teams that never reported back, we have this bunch of pathetic little human CFs that are for one reason or another sent there to investigate. And guess who decides to join the party? A group (or maybe 1) predator who decides it would be a good idea to find out what happened to its mates. Thats when everything goes to heck. :p

It's a possibility.  :p

Actually... it could make a whole lot of sense. A Predator ship crash landed on antartica base. Poor human fool went to investigate the crash, probably found a sort of escape pod. Guess what was inside? Yep... a mind condition Alien Queen ready to spawn thousands of eggs on an unsuspecting human base.

After many attempts to contact the base, and after many rescue teams that never reported back, we have this bunch of pathetic little human CFs that are for one reason or another sent there to investigate. And guess who decides to join the party? A group (or maybe 1) predator who decides it would be a good idea to find out what happened to its mates. Thats when everything goes to heck. :p

I change my vote, This movie is gonna ROXXORS! :lol:

When are we going to see a LOTR / Matrix crossover? Can you imagine Neo fighting 1001 Orcs, or Aragorn swordfighting with Agent Smith? THAT would be r0x0rz. <_<

Cheer up, old man! B)

Why wouldn;t Matrix and LOTR work? Because they already have cross over actors. It would be nice to see Elrond fight 1000 Agent Smiths. :p

Or perhaps Saruman fighting Count Dooku? Or maybe even Magneto fighting Gandalf. :lol:

all this may be true. but you know what? NO COLONIAL MARINES!!! that was the best part! they needed to put them in there! for that reason, this movie will blow. :ph34r:

Predators hunt during heatwaves, what the hell would they be doing in Antarctica?

also, they hunt for skulls, not babys still in their eggs, this movie is going to be a big lame stinkfest.

Judging how well the colonial marines did against the aliens in the second movie... what was their track record again?... oh yeah, they got their asses handed to them in every firefight... Ripley, a civilian non-com, was the only one who could face them with a rifle and not get killed or wounded.

Now lets look at the other side of the coin, the predator. Almost an entire team of merc special forces , half of the super neato metro police department and an entire special government task force got pasted by two predators.

The way I see it the humans are going to do most, if not all, of the dying in A vs. P. Sure one or two of them may get off a few lucky shots with an M4A1 or a pistol... then again from the looks of the cast and the locale chances are this is going to be another one of those movies where "this is a research station that has no weapons and no way to leave" situations.

I HATE those situations don't you? You'd think one freaking person on the security squad would at least have a hould-out pistol or something! Come on! This is America!... well, Antarctica really... who has all the guns already?

Really... how useful would now a days guns be? I know shotguns pack a punch... but its not like they are standard issues research facility fire arms. :blink:

And besides... it will probably be one of those "got to wait till rescue comes, and even then, we might get pasted" kind of movie.

Goreman and Vasquez took a few Aliens down with antiquated H&K VP70 pistols so I would think they would work on the aliens... and Danny Glover sure as hell did a ton of damage to that predator with that XM177 and Desert Eagle... I'd say that today's guns would be very effective against unarmored soft targets like giant bugs and loin cloth wearing, dread-locked hunters. :p

Goreman and Vasquez took a few Aliens down with antiquated H&K VP70 pistols so I would think they would work on the aliens... and Danny Glover sure as hell did a ton of damage to that predator with that XM177 and Desert Eagle... I'd say that today's guns would be very effective against unarmored soft targets like giant bugs and loin cloth wearing, dread-locked hunters. :p

A few Aliens? You mean 1 at close quarters that almost took out Vasquez? :lol:

What are the chances of a research facility having a few desert eagles laying around? Worst.... what are the chances that those CFs can do anything with them other then shoot themselves on the foot? :D

More gossip from Dark Horizons. I don't know if this is getting better or worse... <_<
Expect a hybrid Alien/Predator (with tail) and marine jumpsuits with permanent gun attachments according to the latest gossip from the pre-production annals.

Errr.... does that put the movie before or after the Alien time line? :huh:

Predaliens (or what ever they are called)?!?!?! Maybe that means that perhaps my storyline has some truth to it. :)

A few Aliens? You mean 1 at close quarters that almost took out Vasquez? :lol:

What are the chances of a research facility having a few desert eagles laying around? Worst.... what are the chances that those CFs can do anything with them other then shoot themselves on the foot? :D

That's why this whole research facility with no weapons deal is a bad idea. No room for neato guns. I meant neato guns like the M41A and the smartgun. Not all that shiny junk from Resurrection.

The "we're trapped and need to just sit around and hold out" thing only works with good writing, and good dialogue. I'm not expecting either. It's gonna be Alien 3 + predator on ice. Except with no bald Ripleys.

Here's what's going to happen. The preds and aliens will wipe out the humans till only the chick is alive. Then at the last minute Ahnold will bust in as Dutch from Predator 1 and whack the predators. Then he turns and starts Groping the chick. An alien sneaks up and bites him only to hit steel because he is also the TERMINATOR!! The terminator promptly wastes the aliens , shoots the chick and flies off to California to be the Governator! The end.

It's a possibility.  :p

Obviously they hired the wrong person. Now if you'll simply write a Resident Evil movie, we can off Paul Anderson and no one would actually notice. Well, they would, only because Resident Evil would somehow be watchable.

Seriously, that synopsis actually sounds good:

Got suspense and build up. Forboding mysterious alien ship discovery. Curious silly humans bringing it into their complex. Same silly humans try to do research while cut off from any support. Bad things ensue:

What happens next? Hrm...

Queen breaks out, kills a researcher, and starts building a nest in the warmth of the station. Researchers can't find queen. Facehuggers attack from random vents. Lots of researchers die. Yay chestbursters. Stars of movie hold out while trying to get backup, having no idea what they're dealing with. 2nd Predator comes to investigate. Hapless researchers watch Predator and aliens fight it out, trying not to get themselves killed. More researchers die. Attempt at contact succeeds. In come the marines. A few marines get their asses handed to them by both predator and aliens. Predator is happy for more viable game. Lots of shooting, killing. Stars help marines. More stars die. Main character realises they weren't fired upon by the predator until they themselves became armed.

Predator gets overwhelmed by aliens and marines. Calls for backup. Hilarity ensues. Total carnage. Main character gets bold and approaches predator unarmed. Communicates need to ban together against the bugs. Marines and predator kick bug butt. Lots more die.

Lone researcher, one wounded marine, and predator are left. Marine proposes desparate plan to load high explosives brought with them onto an ATV vehicle, and drive it through to to the queen's chamber. Fast paced scene with heroes shooting lots of aliens off the transport.

Egg chamber... Queen isn't there. Bomb is set. Heroes drive back out of the halls of the complex. Ambushed by queen. ATV wrecked. Predator holds off queen while heroes scamper for cover. Predator gets his butt kicked, but sets off his mini nuke before croaking. Queen chases heroes through halls... to a remote vault. Heroes seal themselves in the vault, shutting out the Queen. Queen bangs against door. Predator nuke goes off... bye bye Queen. Lights go out. Darkness.

Heroes wait for days for rescue. Corporation "sanitation" crew come. Find Heroes huddled in the darkened vault. Rescue heroes. Rest of base totally annihlated, a crater in the snow. No proof or evidence of bugs or predators. Heroes checked into mental ward and interrogated. No one believes them. Happy ending.

EDIT: Actually, having all the researchers croak from the begining, without showing it... would be nice. Just focus on the Marines, figuring things out in a darkened complex, finding for themselves both the predator and bugs... and maybe finding a lone survivor (patterned after Ripley, of course).

-Al

Edited by Sundown

I'd vote for that... but only if it had Total Recall... recall... a-ha! a-ha ha! ha... ugh...

I'm just happy he's the Running Man for the Republican Party.

He's the Commando for the people... to liberate us from the Raw Deal we got with Davis.

Ehehe... heh.

*hangs head down in shame*

-Al

Really... how useful would now a days guns be? I know shotguns pack a punch... but its not like they are standard issues research facility fire arms. :blink:

And besides... it will probably be one of those "got to wait till rescue comes, and even then, we might get pasted" kind of movie.

9 words........

Smith & Wesson Dual Action .50 Caliber Magnum Revolver

Link

Never leave home without it, especially if your heading off to work at some unknown facility in Antartica. :lol:

Just like I do... except... you know... without the secret facility and all... that parts classified...

Damn Aliens won't get me.

I can just imagine shaft walking in during the last scene, when the last survivors are beat and cornered by the queen, and blowing the queens head off with the S&W .50 , then looking at the "heroes" says

"Pu$$!#$"

Edited by ulyssesdraco

9 words........

Link

Never leave home without it, especially if your heading off to work at some unknown facility in Antartica. :lol:

I can just imagine shaft walking in during the last scene, when the last survivors are beat and cornered by the queen, and blowing the queens head off with the S&W .50 , then looking at the "heroes" says

"Pu$$!#$"

LOL... blowing her head off and getting an acid bath as result. <_< B) :p:D:lol:

9 words........

Link

"Pu$$!#$"

LOL... blowing her head off and getting an acid bath as result. <_< B) :p:D:lol:

Pff, acid can't hurt Shaft.

He'd just be all like "Damnit I just got this kilt drycleaned!".

Then he continues to pump whatevers left of the queen with lead.

THEN he calls the heroes Pu$$!#$.

9 words........

Link

"Pu$$!#$"

Pff, acid can't hurt Shaft.

He'd just be all like "Damnit I just got this kilt drycleaned!".

Then he continues to pump whatevers left of the queen with lead.

THEN he calls the heroes Pu$$!#$.

ROFLMAO! :lol: