Alien vs. Predator Movie Next August

glane21

Seriously, that synopsis actually sounds good:

Got suspense and build up.  Forboding mysterious alien ship discovery.  Curious silly humans bringing it into their complex.  Same silly humans try to do research while cut off from any support.  Bad things ensue:

What happens next? Hrm...

Whoa...it's like a remake of The Thing 1982 remake. Great movie BTW. B)

Seriously, that synopsis actually sounds good:

Got suspense and build up.  Forboding mysterious alien ship discovery.  Curious silly humans bringing it into their complex.  Same silly humans try to do research while cut off from any support.  Bad things ensue:

What happens next? Hrm...

Whoa...it's like a remake of The Thing 1982 remake. Great movie BTW. B)

Theres another alien that could join this party. :lol:

Let me get this staight: the Marines are going to the artic armed only with squad waepons? If the Marines of Aliens & Aliens had smart guns, and the best squad weapons we have now are the 240 Golf and 203, um... :o I tink this isn't going to be a long fight. if only we could fit an LAV with a .50 cal in there...

• 4 weeks later...
Judging how well the colonial marines did against the aliens in the second movie... what was their track record again?... oh yeah, they got their asses handed to them in every firefight... Ripley, a civilian non-com, was the only one who could face them with a rifle and not get killed or wounded.

Well with such great discipline and small unit tactics, I'm surprised they did that well. [/sarcasm] Most movies are ridiculous at replicated that stuff whenever they portray the military, but that one was especially bad... can't believe that it gets so much luv.

Complete boot lieutenant with ZERO experience (just out of training or what?), subordinates with ZERO respect and no self-discipline much less any sort of professional military decorum, aside from Apone "the Sarge" (a term no self-respecting Marine would ever use for the rank of Sergeant). But at least the girl scouts or any novice paintballers could set up a better permiter.

But all that aside, I've never understood all the love Aliens gets. B))

Yeah, like all those lame old classic films. Gone With The Wind? What a crap movie it was...like saying "I don't give a damn" in a film is such a biiiiiig deal. And all those lame action flicks that look so cheesy compared to the huge budgets and awesome action scene editing we use now. Who the hell watches The Road Warrior and how can they stand it? And how about those stupid special effects that audiences tolerated? Star Wars and 2001...what the hell is up with that?[/sarcasm]

Never understood why those films are so popular :rolleyes:

To be fair, the Marines got their asses handed to them (or bitten off, as the case may be) largely due to their blind faith in their technology. This just reinforces the first film's thesis that the Alien is a "perfect" organism, that even with all of our doodads and gadgetry we're still helpless against them. As for Gorman, I recall that the original script implied that he was assigned to lead the mission specifically because he was inexperienced, ie controllable. I guess even in the distant future, the mega corporations have their meathooks into the military.

To be fair, the Marines got their asses handed to them (or bitten off, as the case may be) largely due to their blind faith in their technology. This just reinforces the first film's thesis that the Alien is a "perfect" organism, that even with all of our doodads and gadgetry we're still helpless against them.

I kinda got that impression for Gorman. He was obviously not their usual goon aka "officer." But still.

Discipline is #1 for United States Marines. Training and physical endurance next. Technology somewhere after these... The only ones who are even close to resembling a US Marine were Hicks, Apone, Vasquez & her guy friend. The rest are barely fit for the Army... NONE of them showed any rudimentry understanding of small unit tactics or even basic military concepts. Much less common sense. ;)

The movie was Cameon's interpretation of Vietnam in his own words (either commentary and/or the special on the Aliens DVD - I'll have to check to be sure of the cite). Completely incorrect but fitting given Hollyweird's "understanding" of the military... and Vietnam, in particular.

Edited by Uxi

Discipline is #1 for United States Marines. Training and physical endurance next. Technology somewhere after these... The only ones who are even close to resembling a US Marine were Hicks, Apone, Vasquez & her guy friend. The rest are barely fit for the Army... NONE of them showed any rudimentry understanding of small unit tactics or even basic military concepts. Much less common sense. ;)

They weren't US Marines. They were Colonial Marines and the colonies were founded by the corperations so in effect they were just mall cops on steroids. :p

I saw the teaser yesterday right before the Director's Cut of Alien. Yeah, it makes me want to see it, damn teasers, but I think I'll end up skipping it.

Seeing the original Alien in the big screen again makes the other sequels (other than Aliens) look so cheap. Ridley Scott shot it in away that it felt so real in instead of Scifi fantasy. The characters acted like real people and not comic book heroes. I didn't really notice any additional scenes apart from the obvious one towards then end. It seemed like Cameron saw that scene and expanded on it by using it in different parts of the sequel. That scene may have given a new direction for the Alien but it did slow down action a bit, where in Aliens it was used more effectively.

I feel better that I got the original version of Alien, as I don't think I'll be interested in the Dir's cut ver. I'm still looking for an original version of Bladerunner. Yeah, yeah, I grew up with the voice over and didn't really care for the unicorn crap.

Don't you mean Vasquez!  :D (the space marine pull-up latin chick, for those who don't know)

The real funny thing is she (The Actress) was not latin at all.

didn't she play like an Irish chick in Titanic? and she dies with her 2 small children?

I feel better that I got the original version of Alien, as I don't think I'll be interested in the Dir's cut ver. I'm still looking for an original version of Bladerunner. Yeah, yeah, I grew up with the voice over and didn't really care for the unicorn crap.

ive got that one, a long time ago from bestbuy

Don't you mean Vasquez!  :D (the space marine pull-up latin chick, for those who don't know)

The real funny thing is she (The Actress) was not latin at all.

I think her name is Goldstein or something like that...