1/48+FP's, 1/60, and 1/72 picture gallery

VF-18S Hornet

Too cool, I've got...sniff, sniff :( just three valks sniff :( and only one thats started to be customized. Haterist is inspiring me to crack out the paints! You've got more non-cannon valks than I have total :lol: Very nice I think I like the "TV max - S" the best, thanks for the photos bud......saving to "my pictures" now.. :lol:

Here's a shot of my J head with chrome mylar tape behind the visor

that looks sweet dude!

QQ, did you just pry the green visor out of the J head or did you have have to take the head apart to get the sticker back there?

i think that reflective sticker really helps bring out the green.

yeah, its been cold, i can't skate so i've been messin around with the custom heads. its funny cause i had orginally intended to just buy one 1/48 for the sake of having one, then the addiction kicked in. :(<_<:lol::mellow:

heres a group shot of some non-canon customs.

To be or not to be....that is the question... :lol:

Alas poor Yorick, I knew him horatio...

A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. B))

Nice pics Gabe Q :D !! and haterist I pried the J head apart pushed the peg that held on the green visor from behind. Then clipped off the peg and sanded and polished the back side so there wouldn't be a green circle as seen from the front. Then mylar chrome tape on the back side cut to size with sisscors after it was applied, then crazy glued it all back together. :blink: Oh and in case your wondering where the chrome tape came from it's made by "Mono-Kote" it's used to cover radio controlled planes 'comes in many colors incl. chrome. ;) Wow long winded response huh??? :blink:

oh you mean like that,, yeah some garage doors are like that too.  But with that there's also a drawback.  In order for you to slide the one-piece door in your cabinet it will have to be deep enough for it.  If the length of you door is 18inches then your cabinet will have to be 18 inches deep in order to fit that door, and also 18inches in height.  So like your pic,, looking from the side it'll look like a square. 18inches might be too deep for a display cabinet. :p

I really like that idea though obakesan. But you could design one that is that deep if you want the 1/48s to be in some cool action poses. Particulary fully armoured in Battroid mode with wings spread and missiles attached and gunpod arm stretched out to maximum.

But compared to hinged and sliding, it seems the most fragile. Problem would be attaching the glass to the railing, unless it was surrounded by a frame for support.

But then again, all glass is pretty fragile no matter how carefully you treat it. Stress cracks near the hinge are apparent every couple of years. I heard 3M has a film that can cover the glass and increase its strength and prevent it from shattering, while at the same time filtering out UV light, another bonus. Anyone ever heard of this stuff?

Anyone ever tried perspex? I wouldn't mind using it, but all I've ever seen is scuffed, scratched and opague perspex. But do you think it may be cheaper?

Edited by kensei

The all-white Hikaru:

hikaru-front.jpg

This was my first 1/48, and it was second-hand, with applied stickers. I'm not too happy with them, really, and am planning to strip and redo them one day.. perhaps with water-transfers.. But, it still looks presentable; particularly with the recast 1S-head.

you know...

if someone took a 1/48 1S and gave it the jetfire paint scheme, i could see it selling for a pretty penny. all you gotta do is put "MPC jetfire" in the title and the TF heads will bite. :lol:

most of those guys are bone heads just save money and sell painted up 1/60s with fastpacks.

• 2 weeks later...
ahaha....soryy....what I meant is that the custom is so simple and others have repeatedly done this before...hope no one will get offended  ;)

eh, i wouldn't worry about it, all the haters are just jealous of us 1S max owners. :p:D:lol:

did you actually paint the arrows on the side of the head or did you use a sticker like me? :D

Edited by haterist

ahaha....soryy....what I meant is that the custom is so simple and others have repeatedly done this before...hope no one will get offended  ;)

eh, i wouldn't worry about it, all the haters are just jealous of us 1S max owners. :p:D:lol:

did you actually paint the arrows on the side of the head or did you use a sticker like me? :D

haha...but this is still my first custom....there's still plenty of room for improvements for a super rookie like me.... :ph34r:

hm...I painted the arrows in swedish blue acrylics (by liquitex)...I used a very tiny-tip brush to paint it (got it from paint supplies section in my U's bookstore)....the antennas are painted by airbrush..and then were matt-coated (got it for 65 cents in the bookstore :) )....after the matt coating, IMO, the antennas look just like the originals (shine-free!)

Thanks

aaajin

its Rohby san recasts....just matt-coat the painted acrylics and it'll look about 100% like the original....cool for something that's worth 65 cents a bottle (the dull/matt coat)..anyway Neova...how can my inferior 1S compare to yours....or any of you guys' :p ... I dont have balls to paint the wings....hehe...prolly just gonna 'steal' from one of the extra Roys.. :lol:

:) aaajin

Here are some other pics of the head

post-4-1108168457_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Nice Max. Good job on the paint.

One critique though, lacks soul.  Pose it more dynamically, as if, it we in action.

Great job though.

Aye-ay My Lord~ :lol:

Post have been edited with "dynamically-posed" 1S-Max :p

aaajin

Edited by aaajin