Scoop! 1/60 VF-0S from Yamato!

MCC

Latest update on the Macross Compendium has the following to say about the new toy: -

1/60 VF-0S

Pre-painted PVC & ABS action figure

Fully-transformable without part-swapping

Includes gunpod

Length: 33 cm (Fighter mode)

Macross Zero series

Production, technical assistance: Flex

Prototype production: Haruki Yoshiyama (solid)

Yamato

2006 Spring (planned)

Price not determined

33cm makes it even longer than the 1/48 VF-1 in fighter mode!

Anybody ever heard of Haruki Yoshiyama before or know what other toys he's designed?

Graham

Just did a google search on Haruki Yoshiyama and it looks like he's responsible for quite a bit of stuff, including the GFF Crossbones Gundam, GFF Wing Gundam and the 1/48 GBP Armor.

Graham

316788[/snapback]

With this kind of size, it doesn`t have any die-cast parts even for the landing gears or the swing bars.

Latest update on the Macross Compendium has the following to say about the new toy: -

1/60 VF-0S

Includes gunpod

Macross Zero series

Yamato

2006 Spring (planned)

Price not determined

Anybody ever heard of Haruki Yoshiyama before or know what other toys he's designed?

Graham

316786[/snapback]

Yes !!! That's why there will certainly not be a 1/48 one. This scale is enough for the VF-0 line :lol:

[...]

1/60 VF-0S

Includes gunpod

Macross Zero series

Yamato

2006 Spring (planned)

Price not determined

[...]

It means no metal parts ?

Edited by isamu_dyson

[...]

1/60 VF-0S

Includes gunpod

Macross Zero series

Yamato

2006 Spring (planned)

Price not determined

[...]

It means no metal parts ?

316813[/snapback]

Not good I reckon. I would have liked the 0 to have the same metal parts as the 1/48 VF-1.

Whatever the dimensions, I hope it will live up to the standards of the 1/48 in attention to detail. (or maybe surpass it) I loved the fast packs.

Hopefully no fragile pieces. Wonder how heavy the fast pack drone thingy will be and how the wieght will affect it? (assuming one will get made? Those things are heavy.)

Then add possible GBP fat suit. I hope this thing is light (no saggy floppy limbs like diecast legs of the yf21 FP) but strong. (more like what the 1/48 or vf11bFP are - 1/48 are not delicate if you are careful)

Posability and articulation is my main concern. I don't like statues that will just stand there. Or toys that fall apart when you try to hold them. (witness the loose backpack of the yf21fp in battroid mode :angry: )

I hope it includes a pilot and missiles. I'm just glad it will be perfect transformable.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

My guess is that it will have minimal diecast/metal content, just like the 1/48 VF-1s. The swing bar and landing gears will probably be metal, but not much else, other than the screws of course. To me that's actually a good thing as it will make the toy lighter, more detailed, with higher "gimmick" content, and less prone to floppy joints and paint chipping...just like the 1/48s.

I'd love to see the VF-0 get the 1/48 treatment, but at 33 cm it will be plenty big and be a welcome addition to the 1/60 line.

Now, if Yamato would only do 1/60 destroids...

Edited by mechaninac

But it said ABS and PVC.

I really want all the landing gear doors, not just the front ones, to be metal. I fond that if you are not excessively careful with closing the rear ones, you will get plastic chipping, and that is a total bitch because you now have a floppy landing gear door.

1/60 VF-0S

Includes gunpod

Macross Zero series

Yamato

2006 Spring (planned)

Price not determined

Graham

316786[/snapback]

Graham, zincpanic also has the following...

Romaji

kanzen henkei VF-0S

Nihongo

完全変形 VF-0S

Release Date

Model Number

-

Toy Line(s)

Kanzen Henkei (Yamato)

Manufacturer(s)

Yamato

Designer(s)

FLEX

Size (height or width)

--

Scale (calculated)

1:60

Materials

ABS

PVC

diecast

Lets hope this thing really DOES have diecast~!

And Kensei its still pretty early to say whether or not it will have diecast later on. Zincpanic is pretty reliable as is macross compendium, however things do change(anyone remember yamato going back and forth between 1/72 and 1/60 scales for the VF-1 WAYYY back in 2001 before finally deciding to go for 1/60? :p )

So in this case I think zincpanic is right....Least I hope so!

And Nishikawa(FLEX) was also working on the yamato Votom's stuff...which got really high reviews.

Since the missles are not listed to be included I'm inclined to believe accessory kits will come out.

This might make everything cheaper since there will be less tooling needed for the VF-0 mold.....the accessory kit and missles might just share 1 whole mold. Not to mention steel tooling for molds costs a TON!

This might also keep parts for an accessory kit down. But I kinda want missles with my fighter included....

Oh well we are still close to a year away! So things change people...lets hope for the better!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I'm pretty sure that the 1/60 VF-0S finished product will have some minimal diecast parts where necessary for strength. Probably the same as the 1/48, i.e. landing gears and swing bar.

It's still pretty early days yet and Yamato have only released a very limited amount of information on the product. At this early stage any specs released should not be taken as final as some things will no doubt change between now and next year.

I'm also betting that the 1/60 VF-0 will have exactly the same type of single swing bar as the 1/48 VF-1. Even though the anime shows duel swing bars, if these were made accurate to the anime, they would likely be too thin and fragile even if made of metal.

Even though they are not at this time shown on the specifications, I'm also willing to bet that the wing missiles and leg-mounted FAST packs will be included.

Graham

Thirty. Three. Centimetres... :o wow!

and guys, I totally belive what you say about waiting for the reissues.. right up until when it comes out and all the MWs start showing pics. Try waiting then! :p

Why the 1/60 33cm VF-0S is more longer than the 1/48 VF-1 in fighter mode?

Is that means VF-0 is more bigger than VF-1 in reality?

1/60 VF-0S

Includes gunpod

Macross Zero series

Yamato

2006 Spring (planned)

Price not determined

Graham

316786[/snapback]

That's it

Why the 1/60 33cm VF-0S is more longer than the 1/48 VF-1 in fighter mode?

Is that means VF-0 is more bigger than VF-1 in reality?

If memory serves, the VF-0 is comparable in size to the F-14, making it significantly larger than the VF-1.

My guess on this is because of the testbed status of the zero, and the tons of experimental overtech they tried on it. Think of the VF-1 as a compact, streamlined version with alot of the toys taken out (like the active stealth system).

Edited by Ed.Coli

• 4 weeks later...