Scoop! 1/60 VF-0S from Yamato!

MCC

Good news. Don't know if I'll get a 0S, but definitely would buy a 0D. I'll reserve further enthusiasm until prototype pics come out. I thought this project was dead too. Very happy to see they're still putting some effort into it.

Gotta have SV-51's too. I wouldn't mind getting both a Nora and a DD.

Still want a new YF-19 more though. If they at least make that I'll be more than happy.

Edited by Anubis

Given yamato's past tendancies, I wouldn't hold out on the vf-0S if you want a vf-0D.

It's already a huge longshot as of now, and as s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said, the vf-1D isn't even in plans yet. We'll probably see a vf-0A but anything that requires more than a different head would totally depend on sales.

I really see the vf-0S as a HUGE opportunity to let yamato know that there is substantial money to be made with newer macross valks. THE LAST THING we should do is hold out. Money talks and and in this case it'll save and revive the life of our macross valk hobbies.

Given yamato's past tendancies, I wouldn't hold out on the vf-0S if you want a vf-0D.

It's already a huge longshot as of now, and as s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said, the vf-1D isn't even in plans yet. We'll probably see a vf-0A but anything that requires more than a different head would totally depend on sales.

I really see the vf-0S as a HUGE opportunity to let yamato know that there is substantial money to be made with newer macross valks.  THE LAST THING we should do is hold out.  Money talks and and in this case it'll save and revive the life of our macross valk hobbies.

313969[/snapback]

Preach on brutha! If it gets done, the likelyhood of a vf-0d is a good possibility since the anime had been done in CG whcih is a bit more detailed as far as transformation and I believe less dependent on anime magic to pull off the sequence. If the 0D tranny was never altered by the ussual magic of anime then it could translate over to a tangible scaled down product. Ofcourse, someone will probably shoot me down for hoping that because of the lack of a 1/48 vf-1d hasn't been tackeled yet.

313978[/snapback]

your forgetting that the VF-1D would require an all new chest and cockpit tooling to enable to the chest to swing forward enough to accomodat the longer canopy underneath in robot mode.

The VF-0D? Nope the chest just slides over! You just need a longer heatshield and maybe chest at this point! :)

So I reckon a VF-0D is more likely than a VF-1D.

For the VF-0D, wouldn't it be just a easy as attaching 2 extra wings on the canopy :p

Preach on brutha! If it gets done, the likelyhood of a vf-0d is a good possibility since the anime had been done in CG whcih is a bit more detailed as far as transformation and I believe less dependent on anime magic to pull off the sequence. If the 0D tranny was never altered by the ussual magic of anime then it could translate over to a tangible scaled down product. Ofcourse, someone will probably shoot me down for hoping that because of the lack of a 1/48 vf-1d hasn't been tackeled yet.

313978[/snapback]

Uh, right I forgot, I think what stopped the Yamato form doing the vf-1d was the impossibility of storing the HS inside hte toy, the vf-0d HS should be simplier but it still work differently from the standard vf-0a-s HS.

i really hope yamato release a fastpack set....i honestly just want the leg fast packs but it would be cool to have the drone there for display tho...i guess it all depends on how this new vf-0s sells now...if this is gonna be the only one release then i guess i'll be forced to buy more than one <_<

It's an absolute definite that we'll see a vf-0D first before we see an SV-51, if either... I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we're getting a 1/60 vf-0S...

Again, It's paramount the vf-0S sells well... otherwise the most we'll juice out of yamato will be a vf-0A.

Just as yamato made us say "holy poo a PT 1/60 vf-0!", we gotta make them say "holy poo! New generation valks = $$$, we outa make more!". Who knows what'll happen then... Yamato might then get an epiphany like "OMG how about a yf-19 FP? That might generate some $$$!"

Everyone who's been saying "the heck with 1/100, bigger is better", 2006 is the time to put your money where your mouth is~ B))

If yamato were to release the YF19FP, then next year would be the BEST time to release it, as VF-1 market saturation will have undoubtedly die down by then, and the macross 0 product will keep macross fresh in the minds of the japanese fans. Heres to hoping!

Haro,,

Unless Yamato bankrupts themselves(which I find highly unlikely), I imagine more than the VF-0S is to be produced. It costs a lot to tool a new mold to begin with, and you know yamato, they are not content with just ONE release(well with macross). They need profit to cover the cost of molds and slight retools and repaints equate to easy profit.

So the VF-0A is inevitable, the D just needs a new head and wings. Other than that theres not much to it, the VF-0D's wing area is larger than the VF-0A/S so sculpting it should not be too hard. Not to mention it does not sweep as much.

And to hell with the 1/100 torch it to the ground! I'm glad that MSIA-like figure never came out.

Man I hope we get a VF-0B testtype colors plane too. You know, like the hasegawa one>?

Revisit the Macross Plus valks!!! Sweet Jesus they could make up a good 1/60 VF-11 with all the advances they've made since the old 1/72 M+ valks! Actually a 1/48 VF-11 would be one of the coolest things they could do in my opinion (along with a 1/48 YF-19 and YF-21 :D ).

1/60 YF-19FP would be great since the old 19FP went down the crapper, swirling around and around in all the other mucky water with the 1/100 VF-0.

1/60 YF-21 would be great too. I've held out on the 1/72 19 and 21 because I always thought they could be made better. Even more so since I've seen what Yamato can do when they did the 1/48 VF-1.

So I'll keep waiting and hoping. Even if I have to wait till M+'s 20th anniversary. Although if it takes that long I'll freaking take out a damned loan and fund the making of a limited production of the 19 independantly with a small company or something.

For the VF-0 I'm looking forward to a VF-0A. I like the mass production model of the valkyries. Single head laser, single eye-piece. :D Except the TV series 1A. I prefer the movie 1A.

edit: Oh yeah they could do a limited edition for VF-0 line.

Low viz VF-0 :p

Edited by Sumdumgai

How are they going to do the nose-needle? It may look great but thats probably the first thing to break. Not to mention it's not really becoming on battloid mode.

Bring on the SV-51!!

313738[/snapback]

I gotta disagree about the battroid mode. If anything, the battroid mode of this new VF-0 looks far superior in proportion and design than the VF-1 1/48 Yammies.

313833[/snapback]

No, no. What I meant was that the nose needle or as Graham puts it, nose antenna looks silly on the bottom of the crotch in battloid mode. It almost looks like the mech is peeing. I love how the battloid looks despite the antenna.

313926[/snapback]

Hehehe, yeah it would look silly. Gotta be a way to remove or retract.

I wasn't too keen on the 1/100 VF-0S at first. Then I saw the anime, loved it, and decided I wanted the toy even with the flaws. Then it disappeared off the radar and I cried - no not really - OK, yes I did. Now there is an even better VF-0S on the horizon. Wohoo!!

Hmm........I've spotted a couple of mistakes in the VF-0S CAD drawings.

1) The head lasers in the CAD drawings are placed exactly in the center of the ear disc. This is incorrect on the VF-0S, as both head lasers should be closer to the edges of the ear discs.

2) The VF-0S should have pointy toes. In the CAD drawings, the toes (front of the feet appear to be straight (like the VF-1).

See comparison pics below.

Graham

1) The head lasers in the CAD drawings are placed exactly in the center of the ear disc. This is incorrect on the VF-0S, as both head lasers should be closer to the edges of the ear discs.

2) The VF-0S should have pointy toes. In the CAD drawings, the toes (front of the feet appear to be straight (like the VF-1).

Graham

314131[/snapback]

Well, the toes at least are correct, if you look at the side shots, you can tell that the feet assemblies are beveled... I think that straight forward shot is misleading.

The head lasers are off though. oh well...

Looks awesome! can't wait to get this thing! woohoo..!

Graham

314131[/snapback]

Well, the toes at least are correct, if you look at the side shots, you can tell that the feet assemblies are beveled... I think that straight forward shot is misleading.

The head lasers are off though. oh well...

Looks awesome! can't wait to get this thing! woohoo..!

314141[/snapback]

yeah,

actually the only blatant error I see is the head laser which not only should start closer to the edge but off center aswell, sorta like a lower case d.

The slightly scaled down canopy looks fine since it's for perfect transformation and the toes seem to be correct and just looks straight head on.

Also, regarding the nose antenna sticking out on battriod mode, it supposed to... check out the first episode of Macross zero when you see the vf-0s first transform and blast incoming missiles... it's there. Here's a pic:

needlenose9xh.th.jpg

I really dont mind it actually...

314131[/snapback]

Are we looking at the same drawing? The Gerwalk view clearly shows that there is at least some bevelling taking the front of the toes to a point. The front view of the battroid mode is deceptive, but the gerwalk mode definitely shows that some kind of point is beyond both side corners of the foot, producing a definite vertice.

314131[/snapback]

Are we looking at the same drawing? The Gerwalk view clearly shows that there is at least some bevelling taking the front of the toes to a point. The front view of the battroid mode is deceptive, but the gerwalk mode definitely shows that some kind of point is beyond both side corners of the foot, producing a definite vertice.

314154[/snapback]

Funny, I thought the peaks were obvious on the Battroid and Fighter, but that the Gerwalk looked flat. I guess it's just an optical illusion from forced perpesctive on a strictly 2-dimensional image.

But the head lasers are definitely wrong, which is curious. Only explanation I can come up with is that they have an entire warehouse full of unused VF-1J head parts they desparately need to get rid of.

Just wondering should I try emailing my old contacts at Yamato about the incorrect head lasers?

They haven't spoken to me in more than a year, but I guess it can't hurt.

Graham

314178[/snapback]

ooooo!

yes please. :p

It wont hurt and given the early stage it's in right now and the fact that it's such a easy problem to fix, definitely!

Agreed! And as long as you're polite about it, what've ya got to lose?

Just wondering should I try emailing my old contacts at Yamato about the incorrect head lasers?

Graham

314178[/snapback]

ooooo!

yes please. :p

It wont hurt and given the early stage it's in right now and the fact that it's such a easy problem to fix, definitely!

314182[/snapback]

Good to see yamato look into mking it a larger scale. I still may not get this but then again, I havent seen M0. If I did, I am sure it will inspire me to buy it and possibl piss off my GF :rolleyes: . Now if Yamato make the yf-19FP, Destroids, enemy battlepods, and the 1/48 2 seaters, I am set.

Graham

314178[/snapback]

Are you sure there weren't any black out periods the last time you saw them? What could you possibly have done??? :blink::p

Good to see yamato look into mking it a larger scale.  I still may not get this but then again, I havent seen M0.  If I did, I am sure it will inspire me to buy it and possibl piss off my GF  :rolleyes: . Now if Yamato make the yf-19FP, Destroids, enemy battlepods,  and the 1/48 2 seaters, I am set.

314214[/snapback]

You should see it man.

It's not every year we get a macross series (more like every 5-7 years at that) and Zero is definitely worth the time (only five episodes). You'll definitely appreciate the vf-0 valk more when you see it in action. I could be wrong but yeah, what's holding you back?

Heh...hey guys since apparently this will not have any diecast(says ABS/PVC on ad),...anyone getting the feeling this willl be...

CHEAPER?

YES!!! More affordable is good! Although I do not mind paying more for some diecast. ;)

314236[/snapback]

Hoping it will be cheaper but I would have to say, no. It has similar size dimensions as the 1/48 and designed in CAD and who ever designed the toy came in the project with a substantial price tag.

As far as the head lasers are concerned, maybe it was done for a reason or a big error which we have witnessed before. The toes seems correct and looking at some of the pics that Graham had posted, I hope Yamato treats us with a leg panel cover that would reveal the engine. I guess all the gimicks that we have been treated with the 1/48 could also find its way to the VF-0, air brakes, elevators but I doubt the radome will make an apperance here.

314239[/snapback]

This is initial cad project, we saw the 1/100 vf-0 go under some changes in the latest version before it was deleted, so maybe some errors will be corrected later.