star wars ep3: backstroke of the west

Gold. Okay, at first I was wondering how it was even possible for someone to translate a film that's in already in English to English so badly... then read that the subtitles were actually translated from the Chinese translation back into English. Okay, that starts to make a little more sense-- but to arrive at those English translations from any language... I just couldn't figure it out.

And I especially couldn't figure out how they ended up with all those instances of the f-word that they didn't match the original dialogue in any way.

Then it dawned on me that in Chinese, the word "to do" is the actually the same word as the f-word. Apparently, they simply ran the Chinese subtitles through something akin to bablefish, except with the Andrew Dice Clay filter turned on, that rendered all instances of "do" into the f-word, regardless of context.

So "R2, what are you doing?" becomes "R2 do you is effing". Awesome.

-Al

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen in years!  I want to rip the R1 when it comes out, and reburn it with this guy's subtitles...

310929[/snapback]

*cackles*

Perfect image, perfect sound, TOTALLY fartED UP subs.

The wish power are together with you.

(well, as perfect as they can {or choose to} get),

LMMFAO.

This is definaltey contender for All you base. Now only if someone can make a Flash/Gif of it all lol.

310991[/snapback]

I'm almost tempted to take all the caps they posted and do it as a slideshow then burn it to IDVD.

LMMFAO.

This is definaltey contender for All you base. Now only if someone can make a Flash/Gif of it all lol.

310991[/snapback]

I'm almost tempted to take all the caps they posted and do it as a slideshow then burn it to IDVD.

310994[/snapback]

EDIT: Dammit it's temp down. Hope it goes back up..I'm definitely gonna do this.

OK, so now we got the repeated profanity out of the way...what was all that about Anakin being made by the Presbyterian Church? I have images in my head of Rev. Lovejoy going "Thank you Jaysus -- now we have a Jedi of our own to combat this 'El Barto!'" :p

And, didn't those shots look like they were videotaped from the LucasFilm workprint?

Still they were hilarious. I loved the one about Grivious feeding all his droid soldiers dog...that was a real WTF? moment.

Edited by Pat Payne

OK, so now we got the repeated profanity out of the way...what was all that about Anakin being made by the Presbyterian Church? I have images in my head of Rev. Lovejoy going "Thank you Jaysus -- now we have a Jedi of our own to combat this 'El Barto!'" :p

And, didn't those shots look like they were videotaped from the LucasFilm workprint?

Still they were hilarious. I loved the one about Grivious feeding all his droid soldiers dog...that was a real WTF? moment.

311063[/snapback]

That's the one that got me, I love HK translations :)