New Macross Plus OVA 2-Disc set?

junchoon

hi, 1st post here. :)

it seems that Manga is going to finally release the (repackaged?) Macross Plus OVA 2-Disc set after all, and it seems to have a good chance of getting it out on schedule:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD002006

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd

hopefully they will release a remastered movie edition soon. :)

hth,

wps

are the macross plus ova's subbed or dubbed? i've been watching so many fansubs it just doesn't seem right to watch something dubbed anymore

They're both.

really? i thought manga just owned the english audio for the ova's and the japanese audio for the movie...well i guess it makes sense to have both audios for the ovas lol

really? i thought manga just owned the english audio for the ova's and the japanese audio for the movie...well i guess it makes sense to have both audios for the ovas lol

It's fun to compare the sounds in ep4 by constantly flipping the audio as it plays. The weapons and explosions are different in eng but in jap they sound normal. But I like them both.

Also in english sound, guld has the strange Robotech "zentradi echo" effect to his voice when talking in the yf21. (like when Britai and Exedor are speaking in thier ship in robo) You don't hear that in the japanese audio. I think it is a good effect.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's fun to compare the sounds in ep4 by constantly flipping the audio as it plays. The weapons and explosions are different in eng but in jap they sound normal. But I like them both.

Also in english sound, guld has the strange Robotech "zentradi echo" effect to his voice when talking in the yf21. (like when Britai and Exedor are speaking in thier ship in robo) You don't hear that in the japanese audio. I think it is a good effect.

I think it's more like he's talking with his mind.

ep4 gunpods sound different I think. May have to check again.

But sound might be normal for gunpods in earlier eps of the eng sound. All the other things like echo for gulds 'thinking moments' in the yf21 are just part of the addition in general that aren't in the japanese audio.

Other stuff like "Kachaaaang!" being the new noise for transforming is just me wondering why that's the new noise for transformation for macross in general. (as opposed to the old SDF:macross transforming sound which was quieter and less grating to the ears) You will here the Kachaang noise in ep1 of macross zero when nora transforms into gerwalk. Why so noisy?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

there is still no info being released by manga.com at the moment, but i believe the new OVA set will includes both the English and Japanese audio with better synchronization this time around. of course, assuming manga IS actually going to release it.

hth,

wps

If it's got 5.1 sound and the original release didn't, i'd guess they are probably using the sound mix that Madman and Manga UK did (in whch case the movie will probably still be stereo).

If it is the same mix, it doesn't use the rear speakers massively, but it does use them very effectively at times.

Interesting, I always assumed that the movie was going to be included in this release. IIRC, when this set was announced almost 2 years ago, I could have sworn that Manga was going to include the movie. I can only hope that Manga has something meaningful in store for it.

that's cool. even though i have been using credit cards to buy stuff off the net since 1997, DeepDiscountDVD.com could not process my order because they say Malaysia, where i reside, has high credit card fault rate. i even offered to pay by cheque, but still not acceptable! plain discrimination, i tell ya! :(

to be fair, their responses are always fast and courteous, and they do have one of the highest discounts on DVD i have seen on the net. sometimes they offer 10% to 20% extra promotion discounts on top of their offer price.

too bad i can't enjoy any of these. i have to resort to Amazon.com then. :(

I see it says Japanese 5.1 Audio...if that's truly the case, I'd consider it and ditch my originals.

same here. but them not shipping this with the movie is farting boneheaded on their parts! I mean what the fart? We want the movie with remastered video for farts sake!

I'm happy with the old 2 DVDs, the Japanese track sounds good and while a 5.1 mix would have been nice I wont buy them again.

BTW, does anyone here have the Paul Champane Macross Plus 2-disc DVD case? What is the case made out of, and does it look nice? It looks nice on his site but you never know.

I'm happy with the old 2 DVDs, the Japanese track sounds good and while a 5.1 mix would have been nice I wont buy them again.

BTW, does anyone here have the Paul Champane Macross Plus 2-disc DVD case? What is the case made out of, and does it look nice? It looks nice on his site but you never know.

From Paul's site:

These Collector's Cases are made of either gold or silver anodized aluminum and brushed gold or silver ABS. Laser engraved in black over the brushed metal finish or finished in full color using the latest digital laser color imaging system.

I have both of the three disc cases and they look just as nice as they do in the pics. I would definitely recommend either one or both of the cases...

From Paul's site:

These Collector's Cases are made of either gold or silver anodized aluminum and brushed gold or silver ABS. Laser engraved in black over the brushed metal finish or finished in full color using the latest digital laser color imaging system.

I have both of the three disc cases and they look just as nice as they do in the pics. I would definitely recommend either one or both of the cases...

Okay, thanks for the help! I'm gonna get that desert case that has Sharon and Myung's face in the background.

I just got mine today. By glancing at the box, it just the two discs in the same package, but with a flimsy cardboard box for both discs. If you never got the original discs. Then I recommend picking this up for ~$25.

No new 5.1 Japanese sound or anything like that.

243712.JPG

If you don't have the original releases and are planning on getting these get them at Deep Discount now.

DEEP DISCOUNT DVD LINK

They are having a sale for 1 week only.

type in "supersale" in the promotion code at checkout at get an additional 20% already low prices. All prices are final prices (shipped).

I typed in the code and here is what some prices are currently......

Macross Plus NEW 2 DVD set = $19.19

Macross 2: The Movie = $12.76

Macross Plus: Movie Edition = $12.76

Macross TV series (Animeigo Volumes) = $10.79

Once again, these prices are SHIPPED.

WHOOOOO!! :o

Finally went through them.

There is no Japanese 5.1. It's the exact same thing as the originals. Even the same previews and anti-drug message from KISS. They actually screwed up my Part I disc because the DVD label says "Movie Edition". :angry:

Edited by Kamui 777