Zeta Gundam Movie Trailer

Keith

Woo! Got to see a little bit of a CG Argama in that trailer :)

Though later on in the trailer, it's back in cel, and it just shifts across the screen as opposed to flyby... C'mon Sunrise, don't do that with movies too!

Woo! Got to see a little bit of a CG Argama in that trailer  :)

Though later on in the trailer, it's back in cel, and it just shifts across the screen as opposed to flyby... C'mon Sunrise, don't do that with movies too!

321608[/snapback]

Yeah, the most disturbing thing is when they intercut between the two. Happened a bunch in the first movie and was really distracting. I really love Zeta, I just wish Bandai/Sunrise did too. At least enough to fork out for all new animation and a more streamlined story than the last one.

I jist have to say this

I saw 0083 last week, ia'm currently watching 08th MS team, i finished Gundam Seed, and i have 20 unwatched Gundam Seed Destiny eps on my HD. I loved 0083, although i can see why so many people hated it, the plot holes, like what was the relationship between nina and Kelly, and did nina help build the Gerbera tetra? etc. but i still loved it, 

08th MS team is good, but not necissary to watch for gundam fans, it reminds me of MASH with giant robots. Gundam Seed was good, but it still pissed me off. Like how the mecha look cool, but not realistic at all, and of course the angsty emo teen thing pissed my off.

Of the parts of Zeta Gundam i have seen, i can say that it was a great sequil to the orriginal seiries. I've seen footage of the movie and it looks really new, and with Zeta Gundam Vol.1 being released in the U.S. this october, i can predict that bandai might bring the Zeta Gundam movies to the U.S. in 2006.

319572[/snapback]

I liked Gundam 0083 and the 8th MS team as well as Gundam Seed and aw impatiently waiting for Gundam Seed Destiny, and I hope Cartoon Network will put Zeta Gundam on Adult Swim. Can't trust the Toonami block to air it, they might show 20 eps. of Zeta Gundam, and then replace it with a rerun of Pokemon or the ugh.. Winx Club, like they did with Seed when they brought back Rouroni Kenshin on it's time slot. and placed Seed on early Sat morn at 1 am. :angry:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I hope Cartoon Network will put Zeta Gundam on Adult Swim.

Cartoon Network already took a pass on Zeta Gundam years ago due to poor ratings of the Gundam shows that followed Wing, that's why Bandai pulled their plans for a US release of all the Zeta Gundam toys and released Zeta Gundam on R1 DVD as a boxset.

Talk about a lot of bad press about this...

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_aeug_a...450542143458737

Tomino is gonna need to do some damage control. BTW, is Four gonna die in Movie II or is that reserved for Movie III? Cuz there's still a chance to remedy this...well maybe. Of course, he could always fire Mr. Fujino....

You know, I love Gundam and all, but Bandai America really blew it on this one. After the suprise hit with Wing, I would have loved to see them go back and reanimate the original Gundam. Clean up a lot of the plot points and drag it closer to the movie version, or if possible, even past the movies and more into the novel version or the newer Origins version. They could have split the production cost with Bandai Japan with the understanding that they would release it in Japan in some form as well (be it OVA or *gasp* in place of SEED). Then, if it was a hit they could have gone back and redone Zeta as well, giving us movies with 100% new animation.

Don't get me wrong, I love the originals and I don't want them touched, or even the sound effects changed, but I have a hard time believing that anyone in Bandai America didn't think, "Hey, do you think we're screwing our franchise by taking the cheap way out here?" I mean did they really expect it to be a hit with anyone outside of the existing fans by taking the route they did? Then to piss off some of those fans they do have by replacing the sounds and having generally piss-poor voice actors (not to mention no subtitles, but yes, that's a different story). Yikes, I mean really...

Talk about a lot of bad press about this...

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_aeug_a...450542143458737

God, who cares. So they replaced an unexceptional voice actress who played the part of one of Zeta's worst and least interesting characters, big deal.

Yukana sounded good to me in the trailer, which gave me a little hope that the movie will somehow put a new spin on the entire Four arc to make it not be as terrible as it was in the tv show.

People who want to pine over some VA and want things to be as identical to the original version as possible can just keep on watching the tv series as far as I'm concerned.

You know, I love Gundam and all, but Bandai America really blew it on this one. After the suprise hit with Wing, I would have loved to see them go back and reanimate the original Gundam.

Because we sure do need to see the OYW yet again! Two versions of it just weren't enough!

Touche,

But to that I'd add, Bandai doesn't really seem interested in doing anything else with the franchise. I mean, would you rather see a slew of lackluster shows, on after another, with the only thing in common with the original series being the name?

For me Non-UC Gundam is waste of time. I have nothing against people who like the shows, but, really, just make a new damn franchise. If there are no more stories to tell in the UC then it should die.

Finally watched the second movie trailer, and it definately continues to look cool. While I still don't see why these weren't just fully animated from scratch, I can live with that. I also don't mind Four's new Seiyuu.

I hope Cartoon Network will put Zeta Gundam on Adult Swim.

Cartoon Network already took a pass on Zeta Gundam years ago due to poor ratings of the Gundam shows that followed Wing, that's why Bandai pulled their plans for a US release of all the Zeta Gundam toys and released Zeta Gundam on R1 DVD as a boxset.

321655[/snapback]

Well it's their loss, consider what those idiot execs at NBC did when they canned Baywatch, and it became a bonafide hit in syndication. The execs at Cartoon Network should not I repeat should not let low ratings deter them in showing Zeta Gundam. it's a show aim a mature anime watchers and not the Power Ranger generation so they should fire the exec who passed on it and take their chances. I'm still pissed on how they just pulled Yu Yu Hakusho off the air so they could air The Batman. I say it still belonged on Adult Swim Again I say fire the f@#@#ing dork that is responsible for airing these programs. :angry:

The execs at Cartoon Network should not I repeat should not let low ratings deter them in showing Zeta Gundam. it's a show aim a mature anime watchers and not the Power Ranger generation so they should fire the exec who passed on it and take their chances. I'm still pissed on how they just pulled Yu Yu Hakusho off the air so they could air The Batman. I say it still belonged on Adult Swim Again I say fire the f@#@#ing dork that is responsible for airing these programs. :angry:

322329[/snapback]

The quality of the show means nothing if its predecessor got low ratings. CN is in the business to air series that will generate high ratings and bring in advertising revenue. It's perfectly understandable (if annoying) why they would choose to pass over Zeta.

I remember some years ago, the first english adaption of 0079 was the movie editions, Bright was British.

And I think the guy who played Spike was Char Aznable....Steven Blum was one of his names wasn't it? I thought he did a better Char.

The show is awesome, but the subtitle translation is based off of a dub script. Once you get past that, and the fact that the both intro's (and ending) songs are gone due to licensing issue, the show is still awesome.

The show is awesome, but the subtitle translation is based off of a dub script. Once you get past that, and the fact that the both intro's (and ending) songs are gone due to licensing issue, the show is still awesome.

322560[/snapback]

Nobody did a timed fansub for the R1 release?

I don't care very much for Ending/opening, anyways what is included in the dvd? The american opening/ending? I can guess how much it sucks.

322560[/snapback]

I don't care very much for Ending/opening, anyways what is included in the dvd? The american opening/ending? I can guess how much it sucks.

322570[/snapback]

As was stated earlier they couldn't license the original Opening and Ending music, so Bandai instead used the same animation but used an instrumental song.

322560[/snapback]

322570[/snapback]

As was stated earlier they couldn't license the original Opening and Ending music, so Bandai instead used the same animation but used an instrumental song.

322574[/snapback]

This is the version I got from e-bay. Better to have a sub based on a crappy dub than a HK sub. The only thing that got me through MS "Gaoda" 0079 was that the series was really good. One 43 episode run of retarded subtitles is enough for me though :ph34r:

Are there many differences between the original script and the english sub?

EDIT: Said Korean instead of HK sub

Edited by Twoducks

The HK version I got is actually pretty good until the last disc, where it becomes completely incoherent. The only reason I'm even considering the R1 discs is because my subs crapped out right as the show was getting to the most important parts!

323011[/snapback]

same here. The individual disks are coming out now so Im thinking I might pick up enough to cover the first ten episodes, and the last five or so. Other than that from what I've heard about the R1 release I think I will just stick with the HK's

Don't get me wrong, the video & audio quality are vastly superior on the R1's (HK's are waaay too dark), and the lack of the vocal tracks does hurt (it wouldn't have even been so bad if they'd just used orchestrated versions of the songs that should have been there), but the R1 is worth picking up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I just watched the raw of Heirs to the Stars and man, the new animation is just incredibly awesome!!! It got me thinking how much better Char's Counterattack would be if they did the same thing to it. If they saw fit to reanimate all of the UC Gundams with this animation team, they could release one every year and nothing else Gundam and I would be satisfied.

The battle near the end between Camille in the Gundam Mk II and Rosamia in the Gaplant mobile armor was particularly fun to watch.

Edited by Seven

So I just watched the raw of Heirs to the Stars and man, the new animation is just incredibly awesome!!!  It got me thinking how much better Char's Counterattack would be if they did the same thing to it.  If they saw fit to reanimate all of the UC Gundams with this animation team, they could release one every year and nothing else Gundam and I would be satisfied.

The battle near the end between the Gundam Mk II and the mobile armor (I can't remember the name of the suit or pilot) was particularly fun to watch.

335365[/snapback]

Except when they switch between the old and new stuff....The difference between the 2 is just that sharply different that it hurts. And Camille really looks like a girl. The movie is good but after watching the series, I missed some of the character points that aren't present in the movies. But that what you get when you cram it all.

Except when they switch between the old and new stuff....The difference between the 2 is just that sharply different that it hurts. And Camille really looks like a girl. The movie is good but after watching the series, I missed some of the character points that aren't present in the movies. But that what you get when you cram it all.

335384[/snapback]

The difference in animation didn't bother me that much. Yes, I would have preferred if they just reanimated the whole thing, but they didn't, so I can't complain since anything Zeta after 20 years is great to have. Going into a compilation movie, you know that things are going to get cut, so I don't know why people always act surprised or disappointed.

It is funny though when you have such stunning new animation with 80s era anime music. :)

Yep, noticed that too. A friend of mine bitched on why it was so expensive, I told him that's how they price things in Japan and he felt sorry for alot of the people who would actually spend THAT much money on a single DVD, or CD or anything.

I told him, "Well don't eat a big mac in Japan."

While Bandai does really milk the otakus out of their money (no argument there) the "normal price" for a Hollywood release in Japan until just about last year was just shy of 5,000 yen. Now it's about 2500~3000 yen.

The thing to remember is not only the exchange rate, but also the cost of living. I make just over 5,000,000 yen a year here (with my wife together we are just about 9,000,000 yen), which back home would let live a pretty good life. Yet, here in Tokyo I have a (semi-)cramped apartment, no car and a 14 inch TV. Back home that would be "unthinkable." ;)

My wife and I casually drop over 10,000 yen on dinner for two of us at our local Korean BBQ shack. In America, I'd expect a pretty upscale dinner for over $50 a plate, but then again that's just me.

McDonalds on the other hand is quite cheap now. About ten years ago it was ten bucks for a regular cheeseburger, large fries and a coke. Now I can get a virtual Quarter pounder, much larger fries and a Coke for about 700 yen. Progress (or stagflation), I tell ya.

Edited by LePoseur

• 4 weeks later...

From Anime News Network:

Zeta III Title

posted on 2005-10-31 11:02:17

source: Gunota Headlines

Official promotional material for the third Zeta Gundam movie lists its English title as "Love is the Pulse of the Stars." The second Zeta movie, recently premiered theatrically in Japan. The official Zeta Gundam website now hosts a small image of a promotional poster for Zeta 3.

zg3.jpg