Zeta Gundam Movie Trailer

Keith

Not sure how new this trailer is, but in case anyone hasn't seen it, it's an extended movie trailer for the first of the new Zeta Gundam movies.

http://www.apple.com/jp/quicktime/trailers...ndam_large.html

While different, so far I really like this. Big sound, nice cell shading effects on the MK II, and is that a new mobile suit Char is piloting after his face shot? Looks like an 80 pound weakling version of the Sazabi. I definately can't wait for the DVD's.

From Guntoa :

Z Gundam II title revealed

In exactly the same way the first movie's subtitle was revealed, 2ch posters pointed out the profile for one of the voiceover artists on Troubadour, which now has two listings for the Zeta movies: One is "Hoshi O Tsugu Mono" ("Heirs To The Stars") while the other is "Koibitotachi" ("Lovers").

1)

is that a new mobile suit Char is piloting after his face shot? Looks like an 80 pound weakling version of the Sazabi.

You mean this one? Its the RMS-108 Marasai.

God damn cell shading, through me off! It opens Friday, can't wait to hear how it came out.

Knowing Tomino, it'll probably be "Heirs to the Stars," which is fine. Can't wait to see how crazy they get with the psycho gundam. Do you recall what the runtimes were supposed to be? For some reason, I keep thinking it's 90 minutes per film, but I'd hope it'd be closer to the 120-150 of the original trilogy filns, especially with the more convoluted plot of Zeta.

Knowing Tomino, it'll probably be "Heirs to the Stars," which is fine. Can't wait to see how crazy they get with the psycho gundam. Do you recall what the runtimes were supposed to be? For some reason, I keep thinking it's 90 minutes per film, but I'd hope it'd be closer to the 120-150 of the original trilogy filns, especially with the more convoluted plot of Zeta.

I've heard it'll be between 90 to 120 minutes in run-time, which makes me wonder how the pacing will be compared to the series.

Looks like the first movie will cover up through somewhere around episode 20 perhaps (maybe a couple less). It definately covers the introduction of Amuro, and may well go into Camille's return to Space to pick up the Zeta. That in itself is a ton of story to cover though, so then again, it may end with Amuro's parachuting down in front of Char, I suppose that would be more time friendly. Unless they c ut out Camille's time on Earth without Char, and completely redo the psycho Gundam introduction, but I can't see that happening.

or maybe they are just showing a bunch of random cool pics of mechs, to draw the audience in. just because they show Char and then cut to a clip of the Marasai does not mean that he is in it piloting it. it looks great though i cannot wait to see it.

chris

The title for movie two is "Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam II: Lovers"...

... now I'm going to expect to see Camille running around with a camera.

I think the movies are looking pretty cool; and though I initially had some fears of the new character designs, it looks like Movie II is improving them somewhat. Emma looks closer to her original version than she did in the movie 1 shots of her.

One of my friends swears she's gonna kill the staff if they omit Mirai from Movie II; I can't blame her either, Mirai always seems to get hosed these days. :lol:

Mirai has never gotten hosed more than in Double Zeta (impression that I got being that if the La Vien Rose captain hadn't died, bright would have ended up having an affair), plus if Frau is there, why wouldn't Mirai be.

Timescale of Movie 2 should be interesting though, assuming it only covers the life & death of Four, that still leaves a decent chunk of story for 3 to cover after Kilimanjaro.

Looks like the first movie will cover up through somewhere around episode 20 perhaps (maybe a couple less). It definately covers the introduction of Amuro, and may well go into Camille's return to Space to pick up the Zeta. That in itself is a ton of story to cover though, so then again, it may end with Amuro's parachuting down in front of Char, I suppose that would be more time friendly.

The first movie covers episodes 1-14, until Char and Amuro meet up again.

They saved time by eliminating the Moon and Kennedy Spaceport arcs.

Looks like the first movie will cover up through somewhere around episode 20 perhaps (maybe a couple less). It definately covers the introduction of Amuro, and may well go into Camille's return to Space to pick up the Zeta. That in itself is a ton of story to cover though, so then again, it may end with Amuro's parachuting down in front of Char, I suppose that would be more time friendly.

The first movie covers episodes 1-14, until Char and Amuro meet up again.

They saved time by eliminating the Moon and Kennedy Spaceport arcs.

I take it you've seen it then? In which case, how is it???

Mirai has never gotten hosed more than in Double Zeta (impression that I got being that if the La Vien Rose captain hadn't died, bright would have ended up having an affair)

Can't really agree there.

Bright struggled constantly over whether or not to have an affair with Emily, but whenever he would even come close he would end up pushing her away and whatnot. Onscreen, they never did anything more than hug. Besides, even before Emily died, Bright was transferred off of Near Argama and the two were far, far away. That was why Emily was so eager to end the war: so she and Bright could finally be together.

Besides, I always knew Bright to have better taste than that :p

I haven't watched a speck of Zeta...but is this movie reanimated ala DYRL?, or somewhat a cut and paste ala Macross Plus OVA and movie?

But the trailer looks so kickass! :ph34r:

I love the movie... but... is it scenes of the original series spliced with new footage? The difference in quality is quite noticeable.

How was the first movie? Did anyone watch it?

As for the Marasai... its defenetly not AUEG since you can see it shooting a AUEG colored GM :)

It's spliced footage, and while I'm sure it'll be very noticable in area's, Zeta wasn't that bad to begin with.

Of course it didn't look too bad, but its looks kind of bad when you have 5 minutes of superior animation followed by 15 minutes of 20 year old animation lol

Mixture of both, just like the original Gundam story. A string of the original 49 episodes with new scenes, added Mobile Armors and blah blah blah.

but like I've said repeatedly, your animating new scenes to a near 20 year old series where you can tell a great big difference in style and color and even camera angels.

Mixture of both, just like the original Gundam story. A string of the original 49 episodes with new scenes, added Mobile Armors and blah blah blah.

but like I've said repeatedly, your animating new scenes to a near 20 year old series where you can tell a great big difference in style and color and even camera angels.

Its kind of beyond retarded to do that, its not like 3 90 minute movies are going to kill Bandai, you know? Just animate the whole damn thing for crying out loud.

Its kind of beyond retarded to do that, its not like 3 90 minute movies are going to kill Bandai, you know? Just animate the whole damn thing for crying out loud.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Or rather, why spend a lot of time and money doing a complete reanimation of something that doesn't need it?

Why reinvent the wheel?

Or rather, why spend a lot of time and money doing a complete reanimation of something that doesn't need it?

Right... but don't do a half assed job and just reanimate 1/3rd of the movie.