Zeta Gundam Movie Trailer

Keith

I'm hoping that since the first did so well, they'll bump up the new animation count for both the second & third movies. Though honestly, at this point, I don't see why they just didn't fit the bill for entirely new animation to begin with. "maybe" if it was made 10-15 years ago I can see them doing a splice, but to do one 20 years after is a little silly.

Oh well, do we have a release date for the 3rd film yet? I know the second one is september, and I can't wait to see the whole thing together now.

BTW, Bandai is actually going to release the TV series with 2 disc's per volume (i.e. 10 disc's, 5 volumes), which is interesting.

I really liked and have a special fondness for SEED, being this the first Gundam I have ever watched (after seeing images of Gundam´s everywhere since I was a kid). Next week the complete original Gundam series will arrive at my footsteps.

I know I want to get 8th MS Team, but, what´s the next best Gundam? I´ve read mixed things about Z, ZZ (worse), and I see G as being the dumber of them all. And there´s also V, Turn, X....

Zeta is really good. I've heard mixed things about ZZ and haven't seen it myself.

Turn A is a show that I have been watching and enjoying quite a bit. Hero legends almost has the whole series out in fan sub. Don't let the mechanical designs throw you there is a great story in this show. Also The turn A design tends to grow on some people. I wasn't to sure about it at first, but now I just think it looks cool. Even ordered a model kit of it. :D

Also one that is not on your list Char's Counterattack is a great movie and wraps up the whole Char/Amuro rivalry. It is fun to watch, and the mechanical designs are just cool. The soundtrack is also very good. However you should probably watch Zeta before watching this because it makes more sense, and helps (at least for me) clarify some of the events that cause char to do what he does.

Also The turn A design tends to grow on some people. 

311125[/snapback]

At first I thought it was the dumbes design, but, after seeing some images I find that I really dig it. I like a robot with a mustache...

Can you go from 0079 to Z? Anything worthwhile in between? Also, how are X and V compared to Z?

It´s impossible to get Gundam in Spain so I´m using ebay to hunt down stuff, but it´s a little expensive, so I want to get the good stuff fist. BTW, thanks for the information about the torrents Father Jack.

Back on topic: really like how the animation looks. You get bored after seeing to much shiny looking anime for a while. Old school animation looks meetier

I'm hoping that since the first did so well, they'll bump up the new animation count for both the second & third movies.

310671[/snapback]

You'll be happy to hear then that this is the case - Zeta II will be almost 50% new animation.

Can you go from 0079 to Z? Anything worthwhile in between? Also, how are X and V compared to Z?

311160[/snapback]

Sure you can! that's how the original generation of Gundam fans would have watched it. Theoretically there's also 08th MS Team, 0080 War in the Pocket and 0083 Stardust Memory, but you can easily go straight into Zeta without seeing any of them.

0080 is really just a glimps to show that not all Zeon soldiers were evil space nazi's or anything, I actually liked that OAV despite the little mobile suit action that truely took place...pretty much Episode 1, 5 and 6 were all the the action we got.

0083 isn't bad, I've got virtually the whole series but missing just disc three but I do know what happens.

But it left personally for me more questions than answers of how the Titans were really formed...it should have grasped that for the 13 episodes but its Whiney Uraki this, and Whiney Nina that....."CAPTAIN BURNING!".....he's not dead you know, he got blasted into an alternate universe where he lived his life in Japan during the Gundam fights :p

I finally finished the Zeta dvds I bought a year ago, and I love the series despite the horrible subs of the HK set I bought. It feels kinda rushed towards the end though ... but that could easily be due to the subs, which, as previously stated, were awful. I'm sorta considering springing for the US box set, but I heard the it was dubtitled. Is it that off, or is it at least a decent translation? Any information as to whether the individual releases will have a different sub set or not?

I finally finished the Zeta dvds I bought a year ago, and I love the series despite the horrible subs of the HK set I bought. It feels kinda rushed towards the end though ... but that could easily be due to the subs, which, as previously stated, were awful. I'm sorta considering springing for the US box set, but I heard the it was dubtitled. Is it that off, or is it at least a decent translation? Any information as to whether the individual releases will have a different sub set or not?

311238[/snapback]

It's... pretty off. Very non-literal with lots and lots of liberties taken.. but still a million times better than what you would have seen in those bootlegs. Definately upgrade.

The invidual releases will be identical.

I really liked and have a special fondness for SEED, being this the first Gundam I have ever watched (after seeing images of Gundam´s everywhere since I was a kid). Next week the complete original Gundam series will arrive at my footsteps. 

I know I want to get 8th MS Team, but, what´s the next best Gundam? I´ve read mixed things about Z, ZZ (worse), and I see G as being the dumber of them all. And there´s also V, Turn, X....

311098[/snapback]

Zeta is one of the best things since burnt toast. At the very least, it will increase your appreciation for all the little things that go on in SEED.

ZZ is a kick in the pants at first, but quickly regroups into a decent series.

Victory is freakni' awesome, easily up there with Zeta. If you're unsure where to start, while it is U.C., it's far enough into the future to stand well on its own.

G gets a bad rap as far as I'm concerned, while it is different, it's still Gundam, just embracing the more Super Robot aspects of it.

X is probably my least favorite, something about it just didn't click with me. While it is more original/less whiney than Wing, it has an odd habbit of borrowing Heaviliy from ZZ, and in my opinion enitrely misses the purpose of the Newtype concept.

Turn A is good to a surprising degree. Strips away many of the standard Gundam trappings to bring a strong character driven story.

And the OVA's are fun, but not essential. While I do see you picked up the original series, you may get more enjoyment out of picking up the 0079 Movies. Aside from the TV series bad subtitles (assuming you're picking up the HK version), the movies do a great job at condencing & enhancing the story (also with a good R1 subtitle rip by now I'd think).

You'll be happy to hear then that this is the case - Zeta II will be almost 50% new animation.

I'm very happy to hear that. Hopefully movie III will have 60-70%!

311238[/snapback]

I can't tell you how angry I got first watching the R1 set. I was all ready to forgive the changed intro's, when I saw the subtitles. While some of the errors are both strange & just plain annoying, they only last through the first 3rd or so of the series (in bulk at least), then level out as it goes on. It's worth picking up for video quality, and debatable better translation, but if you enjoyed the original intro's, get ready for a letdown.

Thanks for the information guys :) .

BTW, I found this when looking around in nifty.com the other day. I thought it was a trailer but It ended up being a 800+MB wmv file that I can´t open with anything. WMP says I need a higher level of security to open it, then does nothing. Kinda weird to have such a big file there :blink:

311098[/snapback]

Zeta is one of the best things since burnt toast. At the very least, it will increase your appreciation for all the little things that go on in SEED.

ZZ is a kick in the pants at first, but quickly regroups into a decent series.

Victory is freakni' awesome, easily up there with Zeta. If you're unsure where to start, while it is U.C., it's far enough into the future to stand well on its own.

G gets a bad rap as far as I'm concerned, while it is different, it's still Gundam, just embracing the more Super Robot aspects of it.

X is probably my least favorite, something about it just didn't click with me. While it is more original/less whiney than Wing, it has an odd habbit of borrowing Heaviliy from ZZ, and in my opinion enitrely misses the purpose of the Newtype concept.

Turn A is good to a surprising degree. Strips away many of the standard Gundam trappings to bring a strong character driven story.

And the OVA's are fun, but not essential. While I do see you picked up the original series, you may get more enjoyment out of picking up the 0079 Movies. Aside from the TV series bad subtitles (assuming you're picking up the HK version), the movies do a great job at condencing & enhancing the story (also with a good R1 subtitle rip by now I'd think).

311246[/snapback]

I agree with almost everything you said... except switch X and Victory. While X missed the Newtype mark, I felt that it had a UC atmosphere with a degree of originality.

Victory, though, I think suffered from being TOO far in the future and stands TOO much on its own. While the Victory and the V2 weren't bad, they were somewhat bland... and the rest of the MS and ship designs flat out sucked. I'll give it credit for having some very powerful scenes... but they're somewhat undermined by the fact that Uso was simply TOO young. I understand that we're dealing with a country that likes their heroes to be 15-18, but 13? C'mon.

I also kind of prefer the TV series to the movie trilogy for the original Gundam. Yes, it's a damn shame that the subs are so bad on the HK set, but I feel like the pacing was off in the movies. The tragedy of some of the deaths made a lot more of an impact in the TV series. Whichever you pick, though, original Gundam, Z Gundam, ZZ Gundam, and Char's Counterattack should be required viewing, with Z Gundam easily being the pinacle of the Gundam franchise. (And yes, ZZ does start off extremely corny... but hang in there. By the end of the series, it's almost back on even footing with Z Gundam.)

The OVAs are mostly fluff. Stardust Memory was an attempt to fill the gap between the original show and Z Gundam, but it actually creates more plot holes than it fills... but I guess people like it because it's pretty. War in the Pocket has little bearing on the rest of the story, but its a great character story. The 08th MS Team is a waste of time. The potential shown in the first two or so episodes is never lived up to, the characters were flat, and the mecha were lame (I have no idea why everyone is so taken with the EZ-8).

As for the AU, G looks dumb because, at first glance, it looks like Gundam meets Dragon Ball. It's actually a pretty entertaining, if different, character-driven show. Wing is... well... imagine if the latest boy-band flavor of the week were secretly rebel mobile suit pilots... and they're not actually in a band together (yet). Despite some irritating characters and flamboyant Gundam designs, it's not too bad in the end. And then there's SEED, which is mostly a pretty, shallow immitation of the original.

I just started Turn A, and I'm waiting until I have all of SEED Destiny, so I can't comment on them.

Gonna toss in my few cents.

- The new animation looks great IMHO, retains a classic look despite the fact that its obviously done on computers (sniff), but its seriously jarring when it cuts from old animation to new. I don't mind the old style animation, since I grew up with it (in fact, I prefer it), but you must admit its very noticeable.

- I hate gackt.

- My recommended viewing order for UC Gundam:

: One Year War Movies I, II, and III (aka the original series.. dont watch the tv series. Its crap)

: 0083 - Stardust Memory (my second favourite series. I dont understand why people dont like it)

: Zeta (my first favourite series :))

: Char's Counterattack (wow)

You can skip Double Zeta, its absolutely worthless, just read a synopsis on the internet. Yes, it improves in the second half, but thats like saying "the stench from that pile of dead bodies over there isnt too bad once you get used to it."

Optional UC viewing:

: 08th MS Team (happens during One Year War)

: 0080 - War in the Pocket (happens right at the end of the One Year War.

- As far as 0083 goes.. wow. I don't get how you guys don't like it. Just doesn't make sense to me. Its easily the best animated next to CCA, great great GREAT storyline (so much backdoor dealings and crap going on on both sides), and it really possesses what I feel to be the true elements of Gundam -- not big robots, but people, their relationships, and POLITICS.

I personally believe that Zeta is MUCH better if you watch 0083 first, cause then you're not saying "WTF" when you are introduced to the Titans -- you know how they came to be, and what their purpose is. (Not gonna give spoilers, but if you were paying attention AT ALL in 0083, it makes perfect sense)

done.

- As far as 0083 goes.. wow. I don't get how you guys don't like it. Just doesn't make sense to me. Its easily the best animated next to CCA, great great GREAT storyline (so much backdoor dealings and crap going on on both sides), and it really possesses what I feel to be the true elements of Gundam -- not big robots, but people, their relationships, and POLITICS.

I personally believe that Zeta is MUCH better if you watch 0083 first, cause then you're not saying "WTF" when you are introduced to the Titans -- you know how they came to be, and what their purpose is. (Not gonna give spoilers, but if you were paying attention AT ALL in 0083, it makes perfect sense)

Okay, I'll give the SPOILERS then...

The reason that 0083 takes flak is that, while yes, it is pretty, and yes, it is action packed, it also suffers from plot holes and a change in director. The biggest thing was the relationship between Gato and Nina... it was a cliche that they pulled out of their asses when they changed directors that brought nothing to the story. But of course, there's also the fact that two thirds of the Federation Fleet was destroyed, Solomon was damaged, and a nice chunk of the US was devastated by a colony drop... but no one in Zeta is supposed to know about it, simply because a mysterious conspiracy swept it under the rug? Finally, the "Axis Advance Fleet," led by a child Hamon Karn, seems tossed in for the sole purpose of draving another connection to Zeta.

We'd already been given to see in the original Gundam that there was both good and bad members of both the Federation and the Zeon. Zeta gave enough back story on the Titans when they explained that they were formed to hunt down Zeon remnants and got drunk on their own power. I didn't need an OVA with more holes than than a donut factory and an elaborate conspiracy to understand them.

The main problem with 0083 is it was only 13 eps, i think it would have made a much more memorable contribution to the UC timeline if it were a Tv series. that way we could have found out some important post OYW things about both sides, why the remnants of Zeon are hold up in Axis, why the GP project was started. and more indepth into the formation of the titans. i for one would like things elaborated in a much more indepth fashion. but nope, were left with an OAV with more holes than swiss cheeze, but atleast the mecha designs were great, as was the albion.

I'll say this about 0083, I love the opening with the training battle, everything about htat was awesome. But as it goes along, you can defiately feel the slapped together nature of things.

Well, just bought Z and 08th MS Team. I´ll have plenty of UC to go around with this and the original. Plus I´m downloading Igloo and Turn A. Man, with all this to watch I´m gona get sick of Gundam :lol:

You know? It sort of bugs me that they've gone as far as even reanimating some scenes which already existed, like seeing Four with the glider toy....or Emma and Hanken's talking on the Bridge of the Radish...I mean why not just go and animate from scratch a triology of the Zeta series, fresh animation from the get go and not pieces here and pieces there.

Isn't even the second movie suppose to be 60% or so new animation?

• 2 weeks later...

They are doing a great job with these trailers. Anyone know the name of the song in the trailer? Showing Camille/Four, Char/Reccoa, Katz/Sara, Amuro/Betltochia(sp?). Mouar is still alive around this time right? Or was she killed already, I don't remember. If alive, would have been nice to see a Mouar/Jerid pairing in the trailer as well.

Edited by Effect

They are doing a great job with these trailers. Anyone know the name of the song in the trailer? Showing Camille/Four, Char/Reccoa, Katz/Sara, Amuro/Betltochia(sp?). Mouar is still alive around this time right? Or was she killed already, I don't remember. If alive, would have been nice to see a Mouar/Jerid pairing in the trailer as well.

319488[/snapback]

The singer name is Gackt and the song name is Mind Forest

man need a quick time version of this trailer, streaming is always poor as hell for me.

But Gackt seems to be busy with songs for the Zeta movies.

As for Mquar, she should have just barely appeared in the first movie if its split into thirds....she'll more than likely die in the end of this second movie.

I jist have to say this

I saw 0083 last week, ia'm currently watching 08th MS team, i finished Gundam Seed, and i have 20 unwatched Gundam Seed Destiny eps on my HD. I loved 0083, although i can see why so many people hated it, the plot holes, like what was the relationship between nina and Kelly, and did nina help build the Gerbera tetra? etc. but i still loved it,

08th MS team is good, but not necissary to watch for gundam fans, it reminds me of MASH with giant robots. Gundam Seed was good, but it still pissed me off. Like how the mecha look cool, but not realistic at all, and of course the angsty emo teen thing pissed my off.

Of the parts of Zeta Gundam i have seen, i can say that it was a great sequil to the orriginal seiries. I've seen footage of the movie and it looks really new, and with Zeta Gundam Vol.1 being released in the U.S. this october, i can predict that bandai might bring the Zeta Gundam movies to the U.S. in 2006.

After fighting with the streaming version, I took a look to see if the site that had the quicktime trailer for the first movie had one up for the second (it doesn't...), but hopefully soon. And Bandai owes us a sweet release on these films, I expect no less than what was done with the 0079 movie box (awesome & shiny). Wehther I can hold out until then is another matter entirely though...