1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

Awesome. The brown color looks a little too dark, no? Good, the tv hands are included.

The brown color is affected in this photo due to all sorts of lighting and color issues. If it doesn't match the right hue, just touch it up in photoshop :)

The thing that I love about this toy being released is that it has made a whole lot my ebay purchases much cheaper lately because every one else is saving their cash(I just just collect the vintage stuff) and not bidding on the items that I am going for. Yamato keep pumping out the "distractions" :lol:

I am preordering because that is hoe I operate. Sheesh. No need to panic folks. If there isnt enough to go around, I 'll cut my stock. Geeze Louise...

:lol: i highly doubt the 20 valks you're trying to get is going to put a dent in the yamato stock, all these folks are just crazy. :lol:

I am preordering because that is hoe I operate. Sheesh. No need to panic folks.  If there isnt enough to go around, I 'll cut my stock. Geeze Louise...

:lol: i highly doubt the 20 valks you're trying to get is going to put a dent in the yamato stock, all these folks are just crazy. :lol:

I think he's saying that, if he can't get as many as he wants, he'll be okay with it. I don't think he was offering his valks up to try to sate demand. :)

H

I am preordering because that is hoe I operate. Sheesh. No need to panic folks.  If there isnt enough to go around, I 'll cut my stock. Geeze Louise...

I think he's saying that, if he can't get as many as he wants, he'll be okay with it. I don't think he was offering his valks up to try to sate demand. :)

H

i know that, i just think its mad funny that people are actually giving him a hard time about it as if he was single-handedly going to buy all of yamato stock. :lol:

i know how godzilla operates, whether it be all at once, or over a long period of time, he'll get the quantity is aiming for. my man got deep pockets and the worst case of valkoholism known to man. :p

H

i know that, i just think its mad funny that people are actually giving him a hard time about it as if he was single-handedly going to buy all of yamato stock. :lol:

i know how godzilla operates, whether it be all at once, or over a long period of time, he'll get the quantity is aiming for. my man got deep pockets and the worst case of valkoholism known to man. :p

Aint that the truth! Amen brother! :lol:

So does anyone have any recommendations or preferences on where they're putting in their pre-orders?

So far I know HLJ, Valk-Exchange, and Blasto have preorders up. So far it looks like Blasto is the least expensive when you take into account (estimated) shipping costs (I'm assuming HLJ will be at least $30 for SAL).

Does anyone know of any other pre-order places that are reliable and will be the best price?

So does anyone have any recommendations or preferences on where they're putting in their pre-orders?

So far I know HLJ, Valk-Exchange, and Blasto have preorders up.  So far it looks like Blasto is the least expensive when you take into account (estimated) shipping costs (I'm assuming HLJ will be at least $30 for SAL).

Does anyone know of any other pre-order places that are reliable and will be the best price?

Valk Exchange is a bit pricier lately. But you can't do much better as far as service, security, and well-packaged/preserved items go.

Edited by Hurin

Go with Kevin Lam from Valkyrie Exchange.

His prices aren't whacko, he's friendly and he is prompt on delivery. His website is nicely set up and he is an active user in the forums his customers use.

I only have one complaint.

He takes far too long to answer emails (I think he replied to mine in about an hour. One whole hour. I can't believe how slow he is to respond. Yes I am joking).

I had a bad experience with Blasto Toys, and wouldn't reccommend that store.

Yes, go with Kevin. I just bought in bulk from him. His service is great. His response times on emails is damn incredible i.e. within 30 min-1 hour in one case 10 min. :D:D Kevin's prices are not bad. gee $10 more. Yeah, yeah, a buck is still a buck, a penny saved is a penny earned, yadda yadda... 1. You will not screwed by Kevin. 2. If you buy in bulk I am sure he can make a deal with you. 3. he is good guy to work with. As I said before I much pay a little higher to folks like Kevin and Tam because I know I can trust them. If they make a little profit great that is how businesses work. If it helps them stay in business to continue on providing us products, so be it.

EDIT: spelling errors.

Edited by Godzilla

Why are the 1/48 CF's sooo expensive compared to the other previous released 1/48's? :huh::unsure::blink:

I remember a time when a new 1/48 was released it was only in the range of $110-$135 shipped <_< . I guess those times have past :rolleyes::lol: .

I'm going to wait till someone offers them for $90 + SHIPPING :p:D:lol: .

On second thought, I may have too order soon :ph34r: .

the higher price is due to the yen getting stronger/dollar getting weaker in japan so it's driven up prices a lot and since there's so many people buying up 1/48's it ends up just driving up the prices for all existing/new releases. sometimes i just hate economy :rolleyes: i really hope yamato re-releases their fastpack parts...total bull if they don't...freakin' bastids... <_<

the higher price is due to the yen getting stronger/dollar getting weaker in japan so it's driven up prices a lot and since there's so many people buying up 1/48's it ends up just driving up the prices for all existing/new releases. sometimes i just hate economy :rolleyes: i really hope yamato re-releases their fastpack parts...total bull if they don't...freakin' bastids... <_<

They have to. 3000 pcs of the third edition Roy VF-1S, now this. How long do you think the original FAST Pack run lasted? If they do make another run of them, it will still be under the total of non-FAST Packs valks. Becuase of course you cannot assume that everyone who owns a VF-1 will want a FAST Pack, if of course it doesn't come with one already.

I wonder what the production run will be like. I'd like to get 5 or 6 of these things eventually, but I'll have to be content to start out with 2.

Why are the 1/48 CF's sooo expensive compared to the other previous released 1/48's?  :huh:  :unsure:  :blink:

It's gotta be the market value of the USD more than anything.

Edited by Draykov

The higher price on the CF stems from a few things:

1) Oil prices -

a) Plastic is product of crude oil and as prices climb. Cost of materials for making

toys goes up

b) Fuel costs go up and therefore shipping costs go up

2) Currency Exchange Rate - The USD/Yen exchange sucks right now...

Reality is that all this translates to higher costs to a retailer and ultimately passed down to consumers.

-Kevin

The fact that DEMAND is there is part of why the prices are up too. Too bad we don't have NEVOA offering these CF at $90 + shipping like he did with the 1/48 max's :lol:  :lol: .

Speaking of Noeva... Where is Noeva these days?

i dunno? i shot him a PM to holla, but got nadda. i imagine hes just busy with real life stuff....he has posted ont eh site in months. :huh:

Found this article in a magazine the other day:

Can anyone translate the article to see whether it mentions anything about it being a Limited Edition? I was trying to match the characters from the other CF pics which says Hobby Show Limited Item but don't seem to see those characters there.

Yep...Nevoa is still alive and doing well...just got banned using internet for personal use during working hours and his computer at home is down, hence all the "no reply's" lately!

Yep...Nevoa is still alive and doing well...just got banned using internet for personal use during working hours and his computer at home is down, hence all the "no reply's" lately!

:lol: Oh no!

thanks for the pics

my local seller told me that there is no such thing about a limited CF

I would not bet on this information.

as previously, from a Fax image

there is a mention of the word Limited Edition next to the pic of the Cannon Fodder.

Noel

Ugh. Means I have to buy another 30 of the other CF. ;)

Black Valkyrie Posted on Jun 1 2005, 01:50 PM

Till now I don`t have one 1/48 and everyone want to get a few of VF-1ACF.

Man, now that's some will power :D ! I've been trying to tell myself for the last 4 weeks that I'm gonna pass up on the 1/48 CF, since I'm little short for cash. But no such luck!! I just put in a pre-order for the darn thing :D .

thanks for the pics

there is a mention of the word Limited Edition next to the pic of the Cannon Fodder.

Noel

SPARE some for us <_<:p:lol:

thanks for the pics

Noel

SPARE some for us <_<:p:lol:

Don't worry. There should be more than enough to go around :rolleyes: .