Light Saber

Ok dont get me wrong here but I hate Star Wars geeks or people obssessed with it...It makes me think omg do ya have a life? Im sorry if I offended anyone :( but its my opinion

333661[/snapback]

Yet you hang out in a forum dedicated to an anime from the 80's and you use Cloud Strife as your avatar. :p What a wonderful life you have. Wow, I envy you. :lol:

Seriously what's the point of dropping in on a nice happy topic, taking a crap on the middle of the table everyone is sitting at, then saying something along the lines of "I hope this wasn't offensive", "no offense", or some other bull to daintily cover your virtual butt? <_<

Back onto the topic of lightsabers, Master Replicas should be announcing their plan for 2006 soon. And a long awaited lightsaber will be seeing a Limited Edition run. YES! It is the Qui-gon Jinn lightsaber, probably yours at a price of $369 retail!

And we'll most likely be seeing the mini Qui-gon Jinn lightsaber as a normal retail release, rather than a CS Exclusive. :)

I stumbled upon Mace Windu's today while I was purchasing some accessory pieces for my 360.

Thus it hit me, "Should I or shouldn't I?" I hear bad things about the Windu saber, but yet, here it is, right infront of me, easy pickings.

So I crossed some things off my current 360 list and went ahead buying the Windu Saber. Sadly it wasn't for another 6 hours I got to open it up and put in the batteries I ripped off from work.

While the sound effect quality is pretty piss poor against the Anakin ROTS saber, I thought this thing was suppose to look more like a white blade instead of Purple?

I see plenty of purple when I turn it on, and even the camera picks up the purplness...I thought the saber was rather nice, and a great add to my collection of FX goods.

So, I've got 3 sabers down, and when 2006 rolls around, I'm sure to add more.

post-600-1129173241_thumb.jpg

post-600-1129173283_thumb.jpg

Nice Hikuro! It doesn't look like it has a splotchy blade in those pictures, like I've heard a number of people complain of in the past.

Heh, my Darth Sidious LE. I got it off a guy in another forum I frequent. That thing is so cool. It makes the minis even cooler, because you can see just how much detail they put into those things.

post-1245-1129189998_thumb.jpg

ooooooooh sidious saber looks NICE.

And nope, no problems with my Windu, infact the more ppl I show it too, the more ooh's and aahh's I get then my other ones, I guess Samuel L Jackson is the man huh?

But I'd LOVE to get ROTJ saber, even if the neck of the saber hilt is thick, just the fact that you can get one is just amazing. The revised version is very sweet from the pictures I've seen, and I found alot of sales on Ebay for it, never going above 200 dollars.

If the gods are kind, I shall get one, someday, somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Man just the thought of collecting more and more of those FX sabers makes me smile big time. I'd love to be able to have a jedi like battle with friends without the fear of breaking a 120 dollar saber unless it was by REALLY shaming them together.

A friend of mine at work really loves storm troopers, he said he'd pay about 300-500 dollars if there was a really good lifelike storm trooper out fit around. I showed him on Ebay that someone had one going for 300 bucks and I swear to god he stained his pants.

Course I also found someone doing a full Anakin ROTS costume for 400 bucks...I might get one, but if MR is doing something like this, that might not be a bad idea to wait?

Course, I'm all about the sabers, and I would pay as much as I could out of my pocket to get what ever FX saber I could.

I'd also like to see MR change their stands cause I've noticed, the polycarbnate tubes will start to pull downwards over time cause of gravity working against the blade which has no stand.

Maybe introducing a verticle stand to help conserve space?

Ooooo....FX Darth Maul sabers.  That's mine once it's out and I can toss my cheapy $30 extendable Maul one out.

339734[/snapback]

Master Replicas basically just got my bank account information, they have so much cool stuff coming out over the next two years with their Muppets, Indiana Jones and Star Wars and X-Men licenses it should be criminal to sell as much cool stuff as they are.

I'd also like to see MR change their stands cause I've noticed, the polycarbnate tubes will start to pull downwards over time cause of gravity working against the blade which has no stand.

Maybe introducing a verticle stand to help conserve space?

339719[/snapback]

Have you checked out FX-Sabers.com? You can buy a vertical stand designed specifically for the MR sabers here. A little pricey, perhaps, but worth it for preserving your blades.

Great stuff. Those newest gen FX sabers look and sound phenomenal. I just wish I could get my hands on the new limited edition Luke ROTJ.

336216[/snapback]

hehe I was lucky to get one. it is now my favorite saber. I have 4 total, including my brother's.

1x Anakin saber (first FX ever)

1x Darth Vader (new ver)

1x Anakin (new ver)

1x ROTJ Luke saber (borders exclusive)

THere's a sale going on today on the Master Replicas website.

Nothing super spectacular. But most of the minis have been price dropped by $10.

Also the Anakin ROTS LE has been dropped from $369 to $269 with free shipping and handling for the US.

Just an FYI for anyone that's interested.

a LE ROTS dropping 100 bucks is a good deal, would also be perfect with my Anakin costume.

I dressed up as a Ghetto Sith and I'll tell you, it gives one a warm fuzzy feeling when you open up the door with your light saber blazing around and kids going "HOLY COW!"........(swear I heard one say sh1t...in a very mumbled tone)

^_^ They really loved Anakin's cause it was bright and loud.

Wow where in the hell are you getting it converted at chowser? that shoulds really interesting!

341503[/snapback]

this guy in AZ.

Conversion Auctions

he's done quite a few so far, so i figured, I'd risk it and send one to get converted. I'll miss the power up and power down lighting effect, but if I can go all out and duel with it, then it'd be worth it.

figured I'd at least have something to wear on my belt that isn't a $300+ MR Limited Edition.

edit-

the newest MR FX Sabers.

Vader, Anakin, Luke ROTJ reissue with LED blade.

dsc013893qg.jpg

bought a second Anakin FX that I am sending off to get converted to just see what it's like.

Edited by Chowser

I have to admit, I was dubious about the FFX Sabers when I first heard about them....

But then I saw one in person, and I haven't been able to get them off my mind since. :lol:

So today, I finally got me own, I got the Mace Windu FFX, Happy Birthday to me!.

I liked the Vader and Anakin, but having studied various sword arts, neither of them lend themselves particularly well to being handled with much efficiency (too much crap on the hilt)

However, the Windu hilt is crap free, and very usable. The only thing I don't like about it, is I wish they had put some sort of lock behind the power switch. Since the switch is so low profile, it's very easy to whack it with your thumb in mid-duel, and turn it off.

Overall, it ROCKS! And then I came to this thread, and saw that they are making the Double Ended Maul saber....DROOL.

Wow where in the hell are you getting it converted at chowser? that shoulds really interesting!

341503[/snapback]

this guy in AZ.

Conversion Auctions

he's done quite a few so far, so i figured, I'd risk it and send one to get converted. I'll miss the power up and power down lighting effect, but if I can go all out and duel with it, then it'd be worth it.

figured I'd at least have something to wear on my belt that isn't a $300+ MR Limited Edition.

bought a second Anakin FX that I am sending off to get converted to just see what it's like.

341531[/snapback]

I looked at the auction....what does he mean by Gen4? Is that a newer saber or an older saber? What are the generations and the differences?

Edited by Mechamaniac

Gen four would be in the range of Anakin ROTS and Luke's redesigned ROTJ also Vader's Episode V and upcoming releases.

Previous Generations were like Vader and Luke's Episode 4, Anakin's and Windu's Episode 2 variations, those would range from Gen1-3.

A saber which uses 3 AA batteries is one of the newer gens, since Windu's uses 6 AA's, he's a previous variation, I think a G2.

After researching this guy's work a bit, I think that while 169 dollars (after taking in shipping) is a large but probably a sound investment if your someone like me who enjoys bashing those things around without wanting to worry about the blade having problems in the near future.

Not too mention a 3W LED blade looks REALLY powerful in brightness and color, that's astonishing, and the color choices just makes me go "DAYAM!"

bump.gif

Just picked up the Vader at Best Buy They have FFX Sabers on sale for $99 bucks!

Now I'm really considering the luxeon conversion since the Vader is a 4th gen. But, can anyone clarify what Chowser said?. The guy doesn't mention anything in his auction about losing the on off lighting effect.

Yeah I looked up how much just the LED would cost... a budget busting $6.50.

For that much I just gotta figure out how to find a removable blade and I'll make my own. Hell I can take the sound chips out of my cheapo $30 lightsabers and make my own billet aluminum lightsaber.

Anybody who's had this conversion figured out how it was done? I need blueprints! :lol:

I think with the Luxeon LEDs, when you turn it on, it just turns on the whole thing at once, like the old EL style blades.

i think with the MR FXs, the blades have LEDs along the entire length of the blade and are set to turn on and off in sequence.

I sent my anakin one off, the one that uses 3 batteries.

figured it was worth a shot, I'll post pics side by side with a regular Anakin when I get it.

my son and I were dueling with the Anakin and Vader sabers last week at a party, and they held up pretty good, we weren't doing any HARD contact, but for the light contact we did, no scratches or dings on the blade. I did get a crack on my Anakin blade when some 4 year old took it and whacked it against the tree, that's the one I sent to get converted.

Teaches me to go get a drink and leave a lightsaber sitting out on the porch....

I mean, you could buy all the parts yourself for hellacheap and do it yourself, but i don't have the time, skills or patience to sit down and learn.

afaik, you have to send either the Vader or Anakin ones that uses the 3 batteries.

I agree about the Mace hilt, I just wish they would make the Obi-Wan TPM/AOTC saber, it is by far, in my opinion, the best saber hilt designed for sword fighting, it's practically clean. I use my Larbel Obi-Wan with EL blade for most things since it is the easiest one to use. Nothing to get in the way.

oh, this is the website the guy is probably buying all the stuff from:

http://www.youcanknow.org/corbin/

oh, someone told me, Nov.3 to Nov. 6, borders has 30% off coupons on ONE item, so you could get a FX for $70 I guess, the borders by me were selling the Anakin and Vader for $99, Luke for $129.

Edited by Chowser

Yeah, sucks. I have had my Windu saber for a week now, and have dueled many times with my kids using broomsticks etc, and had no problems at all with it.

I bought an Anakin today at BB, took it home, the kids used it for all of 10 minutes with me right there, and one of the cells in the blade died, so I took it back, and exchanged it for a Vader.

I don't really like all the crap on the hilt of the Vader, but I LOVE the color, the recessed ricasso area, and the distinctive Vader sound effects.

I wish that dude could convert my Windu saber, but it's a 6 cell.

I wonder why they went from 6 to 3 cells?. IMHO, there is a definite advantage to having (RRR) More Power (/RRR) my Windu saber is a good deal louder than either of the 3 cell Anakin or Vader sabers.

I too would miss the blade function, but I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff for a sturdier blade that you can remove too.

YES! - I really hope MR makes the ObiWan Saber, I love the knobby pommel on that puppy, I can just see it crushing someone's jaw. :ph34r: And the handle is very clean, so you could actually maneuver it without leaving chunks of your palm on the various parts jutting out etc.

Obi-wan AOTC/TPM FX lightsaber. Want. Need. Must have. Dunno when they'll do it, but they'd be flushing money down the toilet if they didn't!

I hope they do a Qui-gon Jinn FX lightsaber. I don't like green blades all that much, but I like the handle. Less so than the Obi-wan, but it seems like a good dueling handle. Nice and clear, with few things jutting out of it. They would have to alter it so that it doesn't have the deep ridges, but then again they could do it with less problems to the overall look than with the Mace Windu or Luke ROTJ, or Obi-wan ROTS FXs. :)

I think the reason why they went from 6 to 3 AA's is cause they're using batter technology from previous versions....I mean just listen to the sound quality difference between Mace and Anakin's, and those are very different.

Someone I occasionally see around in a chat room told me he found an Anakin saber somewhere near Milwaukie OR (not far from me) and he loves it.

If I could spend the money, I'd go to borders and press my luck in finding a ROTJ saber or something :(

also, the 3 battery versions are closer to 1:1 size. I remember the first one ever, the Anakin AOTC FX saber, that thing was huge!

I like the newer Vader and Anakin ones, it's still a little larger than 1:1 size (well, I won't really know until I get my Anakin ROTS Limited Edition, then I can compare).

I'm still waiting for my Obi-Wan TPM Elite Edition to come in, they said shipping starting Oct/Nov, but with MR, as with Yamato, delays, delays.

If you can pick up a Larbel Obi-Wan EL blade, they are sweet! No sound, though. I picked mine up for $349 with the EL, I've seen the same thing going on ebay lately for $450+.

I did a quick search online for Luke's ROTJ saber.......I found it too, 170 bucks, cheaper then most places I've seen even on Ebay......I'm really kicking myself in the ass for even trying to search for it since I can't buy it.....and I REALLY wish dammit that I could. My only hope is that within the next week or two I can find another job that paid nearly as well as my last.