Light Saber

For $250 bucks, you can get either Obi-Wan's or Darth Vader's lightsaber (or both? The description isn't really clear) as authentic replicas of antique parts:

http://www.parksabers.com/kit.html

Frankly, I think it's about time. Both Parks and Graflexshop offers Graflex replicas (Luke's saber from A New Hope, which is, of course, Anakin's saber from Revenge of the Sith), but no MPP replicas that I know of.

Of course, these are still ridiculously expensive and I will invest in the parts to rebuild Vader's saber instead, which are available both at Parks and Blast-tech sites, and I can control the innards so I can make my own EL blade. I just need to find EL sheet that can line the inside of the polycarbonate tube. EL wire doesn't work as well as I would like. For a smaller investment in money and a larger investment in time, I can make the saber I've always wanted.

PS: Parks also offers the MPP shroud plated in chrome just like Anakin's saber from Attack of the Clones. With prequel style grips offered by Graflexshop, I can also reproduce Anakin's Episode II saber. Now I just need someone to form the stamped emitter shroud used on Yoda's saber and I'm golden.

Does everyone here buy their sabers instead of building? That's the impression I've had so far. No one seemed to notice mine, since it was built and not bought.

PPS: Chowser, is this what you were talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6526665260

Edited by Stamen0083

Well, that kind of depends on which saber you're making... Luke's ANH/ESB has some pretty complicated cutouts on the front, as well as all those fancy buttons and gizmos from the original Graflex. If I make a LOT of money this summer, I might consider Graflexshop's kit, but if I can find the parts to make it myself, I'll definitely go that route.

For $250 bucks, you can get either Obi-Wan's or Darth Vader's lightsaber (or both? The description isn't really clear) as authentic replicas of antique parts:

PPS: Chowser, is this what you were talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6526665260

I thought that someone had bought the kit from Parks and there was enough parts to build one, either style. not sure.

and yes, that was the one i was looking for. thanks.

http://www.parksabers.com/kit.html

Frankly, I think it's about time. Both Parks and Graflexshop offers Graflex replicas (Luke's saber from A New Hope, which is, of course, Anakin's saber from Revenge of the Sith), but no MPP replicas that I know of.

Of course, these are still ridiculously expensive and I will invest in the parts to rebuild Vader's saber instead, which are available both at Parks and Blast-tech sites, and I can control the innards so I can make my own EL blade. I just need to find EL sheet that can line the inside of the polycarbonate tube. EL wire doesn't work as well as I would like. For a smaller investment in money and a larger investment in time, I can make the saber I've always wanted.

PS: Parks also offers the MPP shroud plated in chrome just like Anakin's saber from Attack of the Clones. With prequel style grips offered by Graflexshop, I can also reproduce Anakin's Episode II saber. Now I just need someone to form the stamped emitter shroud used on Yoda's saber and I'm golden.

Does everyone here buy their sabers instead of building? That's the impression I've had so far. No one seemed to notice mine, since it was built and not bought.

I did notice your saber there Stamen just kept forgetting to comment. That's cool that you made your own design and everything, I wish I could do something like that myself instead of just buying cannon fodder like saber hilts.

Now on the Parker deal, 8-10 weeks is a seriously long time and not too mention 300 dollars for something with no Sound effects like huming, battle clash and woosh is sorta steep for me. However the blade being much more durable than the Master Replica's FX sabers is a plus for someone of my field who likes to simple smack things around like a pimp to his bitch *cough*.

The hilts that best suit my style, the Defiance, and Rouge and would maybe bend over for the Fury, MK2 and Arc-Wave. Blades however.....hmmm that's tough I'm more of a Dark Sider but they don't offer the correct blade which would be a must in my opinion. But I can swing to the classic blue or bright green maybe even Yellow.

But after hearing so many complaints that some customers took almost a year to get a saber.....and how expensive it really is.....do I honestly wanna even bother?

The Parks Rogue is very similar to Anakin's Episode II saber. For those not in the know, you can even pass it off as such. ;-)

I've considered getting a Parks blade as well, and then take it apart to see what makes it tick. I think I have the blade construction down though. I just need to find a cheap place to get the damn EL sheet.

The defiance is the one I'd want the most, mostly because I like the bottom half and the top half is a anakin wanna be.

But from what I understand you either a) can't remove the blade or b) you can't get a replacement for the EL blade.

So if one day I got the blue, and wanna say get the green, I can't I guess.

Co-worker said Echelon is what he'd really like to get but it seems like the same story or something.

But...really......300 dollars for something with no sound, no amazing power up or power down abilities.....just a removable EL Blade with a stylish hilt?

The FX offers nearly everything BUT a removable blade....if they did it'd be the perfect saber.....also its 200 dollars cheaper.......lifes unfair isn't it?

Well, if you made your own Graflex replica, as long as the measurements were close enough, you could probably order some of the simpler parts and blade from the Graflex Shop...Definitely be cheaper than the whole shebang. Probably wouldn't work as well either,, but you never know. :)

The FX offers nearly everything BUT a removable blade....if they did it'd be the perfect saber.....also its 200 dollars cheaper.......lifes unfair isn't it?

Also, you can't duel with the FXs, on opening night, I saw quite a few broken MRs because they were fighting against kids with their Hasbros.

Now, if they fix that problem on the FX, I'd buy more even though I can't remove the blade,

Granted, I almost caved in and dueled my co-worker with my MR 2 weeks ago but managed to pull away from that. Thank god too cause we were just tapping away at our hasbro's and it became an all out war.

My Anakin color changer is starting to look pretty beaten up cause the bastard just swings away without any considerration of what I'd do....but meh.

Rouge looks a lil old fashioned, diffenetly like Episode II's Anakin. But there's just something of the Defiance (not just the name!) that screams at me to snag it....I just wish I had some input from people who had certain sabers to know which felt comfy and cool looking.

Now if the Defiance is 1 blade only, no substitutions in the future, than I think I'd rather have the Shadow. It looks very much like a cross between Anakin and Luke's saber but with a slightly more mechanical and sexy feel in my opinion.

But its also 30 dollars more.

me personally, I was looking into a Parks Fusion, it looks like it has the most rounded non-obstructed hilt. trying to do stuff with all the knobs/and switches in the way makes it hard for me since all my training is done with bokken/iaitos/etc. i'm sure during the filming of the fight sequences, they have have smooth rounded hilts with decorations printed on.

You could go M2 or Fusion if that's what you were looking for. The M2's gadgets are up top and down below leaving you plenty of room for the middle of the hilt to grab hold too and swing away. The M2's brothern, Fury is the complete oppisite, its just an Arc-wave with an M2 head. Hell even the Double Helix has nothing outragous on it but that's alot of damn money but hey they're abled to seperate or become the staff so you can go Maul on their asses.

Tim, the co-worker said he likes the Enchelon cause all the crap is up top and with all the other sabers he's used he keeps accidently turning the blade off cause the switch is at the bottom end of the hilt.

Guess what I found while looking through the Rebelscum prop forums:

We are working on the design right now. I think we have a really cool solution for this that will make it simple and resolve all of the engineering problems. It is possible that we could get this out by Q2 next year. We are trying...

In the meantime...

Be careful with just making an adapter to attach two together! Those threads for the endcap were never designed to take all of the forces that will occur if you screw two together and start swinging it around. The threads will probably rip over time. WAY too much torsion and shear going on for those poor little aluminum machine threads. 

...and THAT isn't going to be covered under the warranty, I assure you. 

Of course, we will resolve all of that on our Maul FX...

Whoops.

Did I say "Maul FX?"

This was a post by one of the Master Replicas representatives, you can find the thread here:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...ightsaber&st=20

An 8-foot long Darth Maul lightsaber sounds scary expensive. Good thing I don't give a damn about Maul stuff. I'm waiting for a Darth Sidious FX lightsaber... :D

edit: just found this too

As many of you may have heard at CIII we're working hard on a Darth Maul FX saber, and a certain green bladed one

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...master+replicas

A green bladed one... Could it possibly be a Qui-gon FX? Although it could be a rerelease of ROTJ Luke, or a Yoda FX.

Edited by Sumdumgai

The green one will be Yoda's. :p ( :p Because everyone constantly asks for Qui-Gon, yet MR says they haven't even really considered it---and Yoda's would be the wrong size for most anyone to use)

Qui-Gon FX: most asked for, yet currently least likely to be made

If you've ever wondered why there's so much Yoda stuff from MR, it's because the founder is the original designer of the Yoda saber, and has more references on it than even Lucasfilm. So every version that could possibly be made, is.

Edited by David Hingtgen

How big is Yoda's saber meant to be, anyway? From what I've seen, standard sabers (including that ridiculously clunky "activation box") are too big for my use. When I build a Vader replica, it will be 1.5" diameter, but I won't be able to swing it around like I would my current 1.25" diameter saber.

And Yoda's saber is incredibly nice. I can't wait for an FX.

Now few problems I see with that kit...

1) Ultimate light saber kit, false advertising in my opinion. The kit is just identical to a Mace Windu/Vader style Episode 3 body. The only differences is the middle of the handle is just blah, its not exiciting at all. Even if you got parts where you can change out certain things, all in all its like all their molds just seperated out so you can make a picaso saber.

2) The blade is either sith red or clear plastic with your choice of flash bulb cover being green, blue or even sith red yet again....(why not something else instead of 2 reds? Makes no sense)

3) Once againon the Blade, its not fully retractable. It works just like the standard light and sound variations where only a few of the tubes crash down one after the other till you get to the thickest, longest part....it ruins it there for me like all the others.

If you look at the box, you'll see pictures of Sidious, Vader and Maul, than on the other side Mace, Yoda and Obiwan. What do you wanna bet that in this "kit" you got some little part that respresents each of the characters? Something meaningless from the blade to a simple button...?

30 dollars : / maybe I can take the sabers I got with this kit and just interchange certain parts. Like if I don't want Mace's burple blade....I could use the red one?

Or put in the clear plastic...

I've always liked Count Dooku's since it came out. I love the unique design but hate the way Hasbro ended up making it. Hell, I bought one anyways, and I was the only one at the premiere with a Dooku blade...

$300 is an awful lot of money for what is basically a glorified paperweight.

I'm startin' to feel that way about Valkyries...

$300 is an awful lot of money for what is basically a glorified paperweight.

I'm startin' to feel that way about Valkyries...

But at least the valkyries transform! ;)

edit: By the way does anyone have the Anakin AOTC FC, Luke ESB FX, and the new Anakin ROTS FX? If you do and you have a digital camera, could you take a pic of all three by each other to have a comparison of the three?

I've already scene the comparison of the Luke ESB and Anakin ROTS FXs on the replica prop forums. But I haven't been able to find any picture comparing all three... It's for curiosity's sake.

Edited by Sumdumgai

yoda's would be a good size for the off-hand use for those interested in duel-wielding their sabers...also katana and wakizashi....hmmmm, a daisho of lightsabers!

I'm there!

Good point. If they do Yoda, hope they make the blade shorter...who the hell has a 36" blade?

Look what I found on the site of one of the Japanese MR Authorized retailers, from the list of retailers.

http://www.event.co.jp/shop/sale216obiep3fx.htm

The Obi-wan Kenobi Force FX Lightsaber from ROTS. It's supposed to come out in July according to the site.

Interesting news, but it's not a Sidious FX lightsaber so I personally don't really care. I thought some of you fans of the Obi-wan lightsaber might care though! ;)

edit: I found on another Japanese site, linked to this one, the ROTS Darth Vader FX Lightsaber. But when I tried to get the link so I could show you guys the site stopped working.

edit2: here's a pic for the lazy

post-26-1118768367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

yoda's would be a good size for the off-hand use for those interested in duel-wielding their sabers...also katana and wakizashi....hmmmm, a daisho of lightsabers!

I'm there!

Luke did that in the Marvel comics after RotJ. One long and one short, it was pretty badass. B))

I just read from the saber vault, Anakin EPIII, Windu EPII, and Vader EPV FX sabers got pushed back to Early/Mid July and Windu's to August due to Master Replica recieving a high demand for the products....maybe I'll place in a purchase in the very near future for Windu's cause its becoming a large collectors item.

I just read from the saber vault, Anakin EPIII, Windu EPII, and Vader EPV FX sabers got pushed back to Early/Mid July and Windu's to August due to Master Replica recieving a high demand for the products....maybe I'll place in a purchase in the very near future for Windu's cause its becoming a large collectors item.

F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

[Darth Vader voice] "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!"

The dates coincide with a time I might be out of the country!!! And I just ordered the Anakin FX from JD!!! :( *sigh*

.45 Mini NON-BATTLE-DAMAGED Darth Maul saber now up for order!

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwar...il.php?pid=8479

As I mentioned before in the thread, the only way to get it is to join the Master Replicas Collectors Society. It's 60 bucks. However, if you order just about any other saber prop of any type this year, it'll pay for itself. The "not cut in half" Maul saber is worth probably 45 or 50 bucks by itself, and joining gets you several coupons for future saber orders. From the site:

$100 credit toward the purchase of a Studio Scale Replica

o Two $50 credits toward a Limited Edition Replica or Helmet (sorry, not redeemable on Elite Editions)

o One $30 credit toward a Force FX Lightsaber

o Two $10 credits toward a .45 Scaled Replica

Edited by David Hingtgen

Look what I found on the site of one of the Japanese MR Authorized retailers, from the list of retailers.

http://www.event.co.jp/shop/sale216obiep3fx.htm

The Obi-wan Kenobi Force FX Lightsaber from ROTS. It's supposed to come out in July according to the site.

Interesting news, but it's not a Sidious FX lightsaber so I personally don't really care. I thought some of you fans of the Obi-wan lightsaber might care though! ;)

edit: I found on another Japanese site, linked to this one, the ROTS Darth Vader FX Lightsaber. But when I tried to get the link so I could show you guys the site stopped working.

edit2: here's a pic for the lazy

OMG.

I have to have that one.

That has been my favorite saber since I was a kid.