Nice Diorama with Valkyries

Clarkent

What a wanker. He just used the G.I. Joe U.S.S. Flagg aircraft carrier toy for the background ("diorama").

*LAME*

Edited by Skull-1

What a wanker. He just used the G.I. Joe U.S.S. Flagg aircraft carrier toy for the background ("diorama").

Actually, I think it's kind of cool. I don't have an aircraft carrier to land my valks on. I'm actually jealous. Of course, if I brought the Flagg home or got it shipped off of Evilbay, I think my wife would make me move into my car.

A quick internet search gives the length of the Flagg toy as 7-8 feet. A Nimitz class carrier is 1092 feet, so if we assume the Flagg is supposed to be that big in real life, the scale would be 1/136.5 to 1/156. Call it 1/144 if you want a common scale.

A quick internet search gives the length of the Flagg toy as 7-8 feet. A Nimitz class carrier is 1092 feet, so if we assume the Flagg is supposed to be that big in real life, the scale would be 1/136.5 to 1/156. Call it 1/144 if you want a common scale.

thanks!

1/144.. that means those Doyusha 1/44 diecast vlaks will look just nice on something like that

What a wanker.  He just used the G.I. Joe U.S.S. Flagg aircraft carrier toy for the background ("diorama").

*LAME*

What a coincidence, "wanker" and "lame" are two words that come to mind when I think about you and your comment. While the auction above is not mine, I shared several pics a while back of my collection displayed on my USS Flagg to which a lot of the members here expressed their appreciation. BTW, the seller never mentioned the background or that it was a "diorama." I think I already know the answer, but why exactly did you decide to say that poo, anyway? Sometimes, it's better to just keep your negative attitude to yourself. Here's some pics from my collection so I can join the "wanker" club and hopefully piss on your day:

1114172206070_VF_4.jpg

1115826718053_VF_3.jpg

1117054762028_VF_2.jpg

1116864579856_VF_1.jpg

While it's fun to stick valkyries and other aircraft-type toys on the deck; I primarily use my USS Flagg for my GI Joe collection:

1111851980501_USS_Flagg_1.jpg

1113280813780_USS_Flagg_2.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth

awesome, i knew someone on this site had a USS Flagg with their Valks on it.

chris

thanks!

1/144.. that means those Doyusha 1/44 diecast vlaks will look just nice on something like that

Probably. Also in that scale: 1/144 diecast destroids from Takatoku/Matchbox/Exo-squad, a 1/144 battroid diecast from Takatoku, and a number of models.

Wanker nothing! Thats awesome!

when i was younger i was a HUGE HUGE Gi Joe fan. I always wanted the Flagg. BGut it was never released here, and in those days u didnt import toys (or at least i didnt).

Ive since sold my collection, gut seeing those strikers and the Flagg brought back a lot of happy memories for me :)

Thanx Man

lame, wanker, dork, whatever you want to call him, its still better than your diorama. i wish i had a Flagg and so does just about everyone else on these boards, that shiet looks hot with some valks on them....display shelves are kind of stale.

*LAME*

Sounds like you're pretty universally being told to have a nice mug of STFU.

Looking at the links in your sig, you should feel fortunate that most everyone here is more generous and courteous than you when discussing your contributions.

H

The green looks way too light... it oughta be like hunter green, but that looks almost lime green!

Actually, I'm not sure where the hunter green color comes from. . . it's gradually come to light around here that teal is more anime-accurate. In fact, it was just discussed a day or so ago. . . :)

i wonder how hard it would be to mode the Flagg to be the right size for valks. i mean the bridge n everything.

Does the tower section come off? If so, u could probably custom do a smaller bridge and fit it into a similar spot.

Now THERES a challenge for all u customisers!!!!

Can I get an "AMEN"! :D

If I had the Flagg, I wouldn't have a kitchen table. But that's okay, cause I don't eat at the table anyways.... :lol:

Edited by Wheels

Wow, it has been years since I have seen the USS Flagg!

Between my brother, my best friend, and myself, we owned nearly 3/4 of the G.I.*Joe figures & vehicles of our childhood era. My friend owned the USS Flagg. I was never much of a Joe guy, I had the HydroFoil, myself. :p

lame, wanker, dork, whatever you want to call him, its still better than your diorama.  i wish i had a Flagg and so does just about everyone else on these boards, that shiet looks hot with some valks on them....display shelves are kind of stale.

Oooooh but it is *not* better than my diorama. I am currently constructing a scale Prometheus replica in 1/48 scale. The project is taking up about half of my garage right now...

Using the USS FLAGG is just...lame. I can't explain it, honestly, but it just doesn't work for me. And yes, I have one of those, but it is in the box.

Valks deserve better.

You are welcome to your opinion (yes, it looks far better with Valks on it than Sky Strikers), as I am to mine. Nothing personal.

Edited by Skull-1

What a wanker.  He just used the G.I. Joe U.S.S. Flagg aircraft carrier toy for the background ("diorama").

*LAME*

Sounds like you're pretty universally being told to have a nice mug of STFU.

Looking at the links in your sig, you should feel fortunate that most everyone here is more generous and courteous than you when discussing your contributions.

H

I'm not the least bit concerned about what people think of my contributions, though, for the record, the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive, particularly regarding my novel. I have yet to see anything in Macross that comes close to it, and that's with only the roughest drafts online where AOD is concerned!

Edited by Skull-1

So much animosity over opinions.

What the hell is the definition of a wanker anyway? ;) While the conotation is apparent, I think it's also a British/Australian term.

By the way, if I remember correctly: Sand Pebble One = Yamato Hater = Skull-1 . You've been a member for quite a while. I recall you had a bad experience with a Yamato 1/48 (cockpit canopy/etc.)

The green used on the chestplate is too light, and what makes it worse is the fact that the green used on the rest of the valkyrie doesn't match. Taking into account that a lot of the darker green used emanates from decals, the heatshield would've been repainted. As such, it makes no sense for him to have used (2) different greens. It's pretty easy to bring the decals with you to the hobby store and match the color to a specific paint.

well in australia, a Wanker is someone who masterbates in the literal sense. But callign someone a wanker is basically like calling them a d***head.

Educating the por people of the world to our rich culture. Thats me! :D:p

not just a d***head, but a thihk-headed stubborn d***head who never learns. Schmeg u by the way :rolleyes:

So much animosity over opinions.

What the hell is the definition of a wanker anyway? ;)  While the conotation is apparent, I think it's also a British/Australian term.

By the way, if I remember correctly: Sand Pebble One = Yamato Hater = Skull-1 .  You've been a member for quite a while.  I recall you had a bad experience with a Yamato 1/48 (cockpit canopy/etc.)

The green used on the chestplate is too light, and what makes it worse is the fact that the green used on the rest of the valkyrie doesn't match.  Taking into account that a lot of the darker green used emanates from decals, the heatshield would've been repainted.  As such, it makes no sense for him to have used (2) different greens.  It's pretty easy to bring the decals with you to the hobby store and match the color to a specific paint.

Yep that's me. I have gone to counseling and put my hatred of Yamatos aside. It was expensive therapy, but I am pleased with the results...

I wasn't calling him a wanker in the Australian sense. More in the American sense of, "DORK". But NOT in a hateful way.

LITTLE OFF TOPIC BUT CHECK THIS OUT:

http://jaddams.csw.uic.edu/aod/rangers/comewithme.avi

Edited by Skull-1

Wow....I hadn't noticed how much traffic this auction had generated. Since I was the lucky winner of this auction, let me add some fodder for this conversation.

1. The diorama was not part of the auction. It was just used to display the toy.

2. The valk was indeed painted with TEAL highlights and a GREEN heatshield. However, I knew this going in and was not surprised by the colors.

3. The TEAL highlights were very poorly done. Looks like someone took teal Tamiya paint right out of the bottle (w/o diluting or mixing) and hand applied it to the Valk and did not use masking tape. The teal paint spills over.

4. The Armor set was thankfully complete.

5. I've already sent a PM to one of our local customizers to see if he is interested in either 1) cleaning up the butchered paint job or 2) doing a custom paint job.

I'll put some pics up later.