What is lying on your workbench?

I have Trumpeter's F-105 G with every upgrade and add-on kit I could find. I haven't' actually built the thing yet though. I'm really looking forward to their upcoming releases of the Corsair and the Harrier in 1/32.

Every time i go to the hobby shop i look at the 105 and want to get it but id like to finish the stockpile i have first. I always liked the look of the "Thud".

Tiger is ready for paint. All the base construction is done. Im leaving the tools off for detail painting. I put the spare tracks on now since they quite often got painted over in the spring after the winter white wash was scrubed off. The crews would have to repaint some tanks due to the fact the old paint was scrubbed off with the whitewash :o so they would just paint the track links too. I had to use some links off the plastic tracks in the kit. The Tamiya kit doesnt come with provisions to mount them so i have to scratch build those details. More to come tomorrow when the paintwork os done :D

post-2293-1125791783_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125791815_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125791876_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125791901_thumb.jpg

Tiger v 2.0 done. The camo,wash,drybrusn and major details are all complete. The pioneer tools are drying as i type this. Tomorrow it will go to the museum for some real tank weathering :D Enjoy the pics its the last where she will be clean.

post-2293-1125877615_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125877641_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125877662_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125877687_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1125877717_thumb.jpg

@ P.W.Royce : do you think it's worth the time and effort that little kit? I've been looking at 'm but wasn't sure. Last former Soviet kit I've bought was c@@#. A Frogfoot, with nice exterior detail, but major fit problems. :( It ended up as a toy for my oldest <_<

@ HWR don't you just like Trumpeteer for the huge models ? Besides the Hind I've got myself the A10 with updatesets from Cutting Edge (Both interior and exterior sets). If you ever need detail pics or anything, I've got an amazing photobook on the Hind. About 300 pages al nice detail shots per model ever made :D

325721[/snapback]

I was asking myself the same question as I painted the rudder pedals silver. But no, I don't think a 1/72 scale kit is to small to put a little effort into the cockpit area. Hence the felt tip pens, after I sparayed the tub blue-green it only took like 30 mineuts to detail the entire cockpit.

Here's the F-15ACTIVE. It's not as nice as I'd like (like I said, I originaly built it a good number of years ago) so I intend on getting a smaller Hornet and Eagle kit one day and making a new one.

With this one, I'm still trying to decide what decals to put on it. I'm leaning towards putting ISAF decals on it, but I might decide to put on a UPEO paint job on it.

315421[/snapback]

A picture from my AC3lectrosphere Super Flanker . This one already had a moldy surface.

post-1730-1126462795_thumb.jpg

A kit is in the future, When exactly i cant say. I wont be able to really begin making refined masters until late january/early february. Ill be gone for 4 months very soon so if it seems like im not around dont worry im not dead. I have asked Jadefalconguard to be a POC incase anyone needs to contact me about something.

ANYWAY. before roy sees this! the models section is already on his s&*t list. what is next on everyones plates? Aside from the master parts for Rex im also going to model the yellow fighter that Honneamise made for his painting. He has graciously given me permission to make it. This will be my primary project once i return from the desert.

Dean noone in here dislikes you at all. Its just for this hobby and the kind of kits some of us build you need a highly liquid income. Lesson learned: When covered in gasoline dont walk near Viceland with matches.He may strike one and try to burn ya!

Shouldn't you ask Mommy for approval before making such a declaration??

329183[/snapback]

Shouldn't you ask Mommy for approval before making such a declaration??

329183[/snapback]

Welcome to ouch town, population YOU

329328[/snapback]

ANYWAY. before roy sees this! the models section is already on his s&*t list. what is next on everyones plates? Aside from the master parts for Rex im also going to model the yellow fighter that Honneamise  made for his painting. He has graciously given me permission to make it. This will be my primary project once i return from the desert.

Dean noone in here dislikes you at all. Its just for this hobby and the kind of kits some of us build you need a highly liquid income. Lesson learned: When covered in gasoline dont walk near Viceland with matches.He may strike one and try to burn ya!

329336[/snapback]

Errr yah I was just saying that because.... like an expression that I would want one like I ummm :rolleyes: would like the kit. But Viceland burning me :blink: hehehe yah...

Hey Dean, I like your "enthusiasm" towards the craft as much as anybody here. I know you meant it like an expression that you would like to own one, I just thought I would gently bring you back down to earth before you attempt to start another crusade, only to back out at the last minute because of an uncooperative matriarchal sponsorship program ;) It's all in good fun B))

I admit it would really sucks to be 15, to see all these awesome garage kits of my favorite anime, and not have the $$$ to get any... so I feel for you, but not much, I had 2 part-time jobs + school when I was 15.

Ok, back on topic, in the last 3 years, since buying a house, renovating it, having a kid, recycling myself by going back to university because of cutbacks in my old career, while working full time in my new career, I've been in "collector" mode. All my built and unbuilt kits are still in storage, and I have yet to set up the "Man Room" in the basement, which will include my workbench. So I have nothing to share... for now.

Wait, back off topic!!! I live in the Canadian Capital region, there's an airshow going on in Ottawa right now, my house is exactly where the aircrafts turn around to head back towards the airshow for more passes. Me and my son ran outside to watch a B-24 and 2 Spitfires flying in formation, followed by a P-47 Thunderbolt, and 2 CF-18's, all came around 3 times at around 900-1200 feet... THE NOISE!! AWESOME!!! THE NOISE!!!

You got a kitchen table dont ya? Then whats stopping you? Come on man a good modeler finds a way. If you let lack of a "man room" stop you then youll never get anything built.

329511[/snapback]

Totally agree, you can build a model in a moat you can build a model in a boat. You can build a model here or there, you can build a model anywhere. I do not like your excuses yes you can, I do not like your excuses Vice da man.

:lol::lol::lol:

You got a kitchen table dont ya? Then whats stopping you? Come on man a good modeler finds a way. If you let lack of a "man room" stop you then youll never get anything built.

329511[/snapback]

Who says I'm a good modeler?

Totally agree, you can build a model in a moat you can build a model in a boat.  You can build a model here or there, you can build a model anywhere. I do not like your excuses yes you can, I do not like your excuses Vice da man.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

329513[/snapback]

I know, I know, I feel shame...

Just saw your awesome REX Sean, guess I already know who will win the SSM"legs" contest!

Hope I can earn enough money to own one of the kits when they´re done......

And of course I´m now totally excited about the yellow plane idea!!

Hey Dean, I like your "enthusiasm" towards the craft as much as anybody here. I know you meant it like an expression that you would like to own one, I just thought I would gently bring you back down to earth before you attempt to start another crusade, only to back out at the last minute because of an uncooperative matriarchal sponsorship program ;) It's all in good fun B))

I admit it would really sucks to be 15, to see all these awesome garage kits of my favorite anime, and not have the $$$ to get any... so I feel for you, but not much, I had 2 part-time jobs + school when I was 15.

Ok, back on topic, in the last 3 years, since buying a house, renovating it, having a kid, recycling myself by going back to university because of cutbacks in my old career, while working full time in my new career, I've been in "collector" mode. All my built and unbuilt kits are still in storage, and I have yet to set up the "Man Room" in the basement, which will include my workbench. So I have nothing to share... for now.

Wait, back off topic!!! I live in the Canadian Capital region, there's an airshow going on in Ottawa right now, my house is exactly where the aircrafts turn around to head back towards the airshow for more passes. Me and my son ran outside to watch a B-24 and 2 Spitfires flying in formation, followed by a P-47 Thunderbolt, and 2 CF-18's, all came around 3 times at around 900-1200 feet... THE NOISE!! AWESOME!!! THE NOISE!!!

329502[/snapback]

Yeah its cool man, not to go off topic but I can get a Worker's Permit when Im 14 and above correct? It would make everything easier for me to buy kits and toys. Since I dont pay for the bills or anything I can just buy buy buy...but If I went tooo far trouble for me :unsure: . But back to topic, that is so freaken cool to

see those B-24s, Spitfires, P-47 Tunderbolt, and CF-18s go doing a formation above your house that sounsd pretttty damm cool. Any ways back to topic...what was the topic :huh: ?

Sean your REX is amazing knowing that you made it from scratch build, you must be very skilled I bet but nice job though it looks just like it ;) .

Edited by Dean

Just saw your awesome REX Sean, guess I already know who will win the SSM"legs" contest!

Hope I can earn enough money to own one of the kits when they´re done......

And of course I´m now totally excited about the yellow plane idea!!

329648[/snapback]

Yar, don't be too sure there me hearty, there arrrgh 3 divisions in thar contest, yar!

(and just in case folks are wondering if my meds have taken a sudden downturn, it's Sept 19, Talk Like a Pirate Day)

I've been putting a hour or so a night into this one in between other stuff for a couple of days - it's a filthy recast of an old Yellow Sub kit, so I've spent probably as much time sanding down and filling in ridges and gaps where the mould halves didn't line up properly and re-etching and drilling detail as I have actually posing and building the thing...

post-2698-1127434494_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to give it a bit of a more dynamic look than default, the hemisphere at the waist has been sawn off to rotate around (I'm pretty sure I've see a Spartan do that, but if not then... eh, artistic license - blame my Battletech upbringing... ;-), the right knee joint removed and pinned in a new position, it'll need a new bendy bit sculpted. Still debating with myself as to whether the left knee needs bending at all, I'm already pretty much resigned to redoing the joints at the hips.

post-2698-1127434509.jpg

...and one of the missiles modelled being fired. It's not perfect for the original art, but it's close enough for me.

I'll explain how the fins and that huge rear section fit inside the launcher when someone explains to me how the upper missiles fit in at that odd angle without occupying the same space as the ones just below them. I swear these things have tardis-like torsos. ;-)

That's really cool, looks like a great job. As far as the fins explanation that's pretty straightforward. They fold, just like many modern missiles do out of the shoot have folding fins and they popout. I'm sure you've seen those big pods mounted on helo's that hold 20 or so missiles, they're called FFAR's Folding Fin Aerial Rockets.

So how did you make the little missile?

Edited by Grayson72