What is lying on your workbench?

Well Druna Skass finnaly found his camara.

Here's the PG Zero I've been working on. I got the idea for the wings when I saw my friend's nails done up in black and glitter. I didn't care all that much for the original paint job so I wanted to do a kind of "Dark Zero" with a jet black on midnight blue.

I haven't started on the frame yet so the frame parts are still in their bags. I don't intend to paint those parts.

post-249-1122611459_thumb.jpg

post-249-1122611520_thumb.jpg

post-249-1122611586_thumb.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

Here's the F-15ACTIVE. It's not as nice as I'd like (like I said, I originaly built it a good number of years ago) so I intend on getting a smaller Hornet and Eagle kit one day and making a new one.

With this one, I'm still trying to decide what decals to put on it. I'm leaning towards putting ISAF decals on it, but I might decide to put on a UPEO paint job on it.

post-249-1122611832_thumb.jpg

post-249-1122611841_thumb.jpg

post-249-1122611852_thumb.jpg

Nice kits!

Hey Mechleader, nice work, but can I just say, that the inner flaps on the low-viz Valkyrie only goes down (all flaps only goes down - unless its a "flaperon" / flap/aileron) - in fact the Valkryie has Flowler Flaps, which means not only do they drop, they extend out the back then drop. The ailerons towards the outer edges of the wing can extend up or down to turn the aircraft. Please don't take my comments in a bad way, the kit looks great, it just doesn't look right to plane buffs :D

Hey Electric Indigo - cool design! what is a Delphinus 3C - it looks like the same guys that designs Yukikaze... I'd like to see more of this series' art work.

More work done. Lower legs are made. All that is left now is the missile pack on the back, lower jaw, minor surface details and the jonts. Hopefully tomorrow i will have rex standing on his own 2 feet.

post-2293-1122683591_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1122683639_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1122683661_thumb.jpg

Finishing up a Revell/Monogram 1/48 scale F-4J. My second favorite squadron, the VF-114 Fighting Aardvarks! Go Zott!! Got a few paint edges to clean up and gotta put weapons on it still, but the plane is basically done.

post-429-1122684725_thumb.jpg

post-429-1122684750_thumb.jpg

post-429-1122684770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull Leader

Neck DONE, Lower jaw DONE, Head attached. I took a pic next to the paper one to show how the pose will have a little more life to it.

315838[/snapback]

Wow that's coming out awesome.

Did you finish reading Harry Potter yet?

Thanks Grayson, Im suprising myself on this project. I definitely think ill make another one for kitting purposes while im gone. My wife was reading HP but gave me the highlights i so wanna kill Snape. Personally im about to start the 4th book in the "Saga of the Seven Suns" by Kevin J Anderson. Great series i highly recommend it.

Ill be beefing up the hip joints tomorrow and starting on the missile pack for the back. I cant wait to actually paint this thing.

I havnt completed the back assembly yet. Reason being that i have to paint REX as it is. If i put the backpack on right now i wouldnt be able to get inot some areas. Keep an eye out i should have the base camo done tonight.

The base coat is on. I used tamiya XF23 light blue(more like duck egg blue) for the base coat. The base color is the closest match i could get to the color in the game and on the paper model. I also included a pic next to a 1/72 scale VF1S for comparison. Even a battroid would have trouble with this thing.

post-2293-1122921446_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1122921471_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1122921502_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1122921551_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1122921586_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys, here is something i was working on... which i kinda left by the way side 1/4 of the way into it... Anyways, check itout, it's in the trandformers alternator flavour. U may recognize the 'bot frame, the car is a '74 celica.

http://img30.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ce...eupchest8ju.jpg

and

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4966/celicabotback0qu.jpg

that looks really quite promising! do keep us posted, and welcome to MW!

EDIT: oops you've been around for way longer. my bad.

Edited by shiyao

So cool HWR MKII! Your REX rules and it is great to see it "grow" :D . I´ve seen an artwork by Takani some months ago and, while not knowing what it was I was blown away by the awesome lines of this beast.

Other thing, didn´t want to start a new topic as this sort of belongs to "what I will have on my workbench in the near future":

Any fans of Xabungle mecha out there? The Bandai kits look very cool and, while as old as the old Macross kits (´83) they are very detailed and well engineered. They are much more true model kits than most of the later Gundam "buildable toys".

The reason why I post this: HLJ will have 16 of them available in August, have a look at the future releases! No pics yet but most of them are very cool! And cheap as well. ;)

Here is one of Takanis takes on Xabungle:

post-2845-1123148707_thumb.jpg

Guest Bromgrev

That artwork looks great! I've got a few of those old Xabungle kits in "The Big Box", they're really good old-fashioned flimsy models. Ah, those were the days ... :rolleyes:

Hey that art work is awesome! Reminds me of WWII paintings of the old spitfires and B52's, also here is somethin' else on my bench... forgive my dodgy photoshopping skills;

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9271/guardian002ry.jpg

317254[/snapback]

Looks like a cool custom, the arms look a bit odd though.