What is lying on your workbench?

Yeah i know, i started to make it before they released or i had a 1/72 battroid (can't remember). The shoulders, elbows and wrists are ball/socket joints and give noice movement. I always liked the 2nd ep of macros, when Hikaru flys the VF-1D in gerwalk... although this one has a VF-1J head.. which is my fave... the arms are made from the fighter kit.

Thanks Jade and Honneamise, no updates on him unfortunately i had to take a little break. I plan on finishing it up this weekend. in the mean time i have been tinkering on the new release from DML of their initial production Tiger1 wow what a kit.

Kurisama your Gerwalk looks great and will be a good addition to your collection. There are alot of us who wish Hasegawa would issue a Gerwalk kit. Keep us posted on your progress.

I finished the base camo and large detail paint. The backpack the railgun and the radar attach to will be constructed tomorrow :D I have also given it a base wash of burnt umber mixed with lamp black to help the details pop a little.

post-2293-1123281224_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123281255_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123281279_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123281306_thumb.jpg

Here are some pictures of my YF-21 in-progress... I was inspired by WM Cheng's incredible YF-21 to take my airbrush masking skills to the next level! I probably spend about 10x as much time masking as I do actually painting.

So far I've put down a dark blue undercoat, and am spraying over it with varying lighter shades. I've finished most of the 1st ligher shade, and just started the 2nd ( you can see it towards the back, between the vertical stabilizers)

post-2765-1123458159_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1123458172_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1123458178_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1123458184_thumb.jpg

A little rough, I know. It's my first airbrushed airplane kit (I've done a bandai mecha kit & some garage kits int he past with brush), so I'm taking it slow. The masking is very challenging, but it's interesting to see how what looks like a poor mask actually comes out very good thanks to how colors blend together when sprayed on lightly.

Edited by armentage

Good work Armentage and Jade. I used to have that same vinyl kit when Elfin bootlegged it. Right now each of these is getting a full day on my workbench getting checked out and cleaned up as it were. Im getting them ready for a public demonstration at the East England Tank Museums reopening. Just the usual tank maintenance, Lube, slack adjustment on the tracks, check for wear and damage, and some minor annual paint retouching.

post-2293-1123549812_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123549831_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123549863_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123549884_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123549900_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123549926_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1123549942_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

Man those are sweet, you did some serious paint jobs on those. What an honor to show off your models at the museum. I love taking my RC boat out in Golden Gate park, so many oooh and aaahs.

Thanks guys, im just worried about little children. For some reason they like to run up to the models when im useing them and then start JUMPING all around it. When that happens i ust bring the model straight to me and shut it off. Jade both the Leo and the Tiger1 are the full function ones and worth every penny. I got all these off ebay at 1/3 the stateside asking price.

550 is around 1/3 of the 1500 dollars being asked for it by hobby shops in the states.Id say go for it. Most shops online are just now getting their prices fot it below the 1,000 dollar mark.

Grayson we are going to set up a barrier but theres always that one kid that isnt being watched. So far none have been jumped on but i still worry. I am also going to be touring the tanks through the museum as the day goes on im just going to have to be carefull.

Armentage, All of the vehicles are RC even the little type82 Kubelwagen. The treads are link and pin just like the real things. these tanks can do anything the real ones can size for size, excpet shoot of course thats illegal. <_<:D

Its this saturday and sunday in Thetford. About 80 miles north of london. www.tankmuseum.com has directions to it if you can make it. If you cant let me know when you can maybe we can hit up a pub and compare valk notes.

Edited by HWR MKII

Its this saturday and sunday in Thetford. About 80 miles north of london. www.tankmuseum.com has directions to it if you can make it. If you cant let me know when you can maybe we can hit up a pub and compare valk notes.

318767[/snapback]

haven't checked this thread in a while. A brit in the house? Any chance you could track down the brit release of a matsu? Maybe an empty large "YOP" bottle?[don't ask as it's incriminating]. I managed a hostel in earl's court for a year and picked up some bad habits LOL.

anyways... currently on me "work bench", it's technically a room full of stuff I have no time to deal with at the moment' is a smooth on sampler pack, a 1/55 original gbp-1s I mean to recast, a 1/55 strike I plan to recast, 10+ jetfires I need to assemble, a 1/55 repair manula I need to make and host, a couple of busted box windows I need to replace, a matchbox tactical pod I've been meaning to make a recastible scout package for, some swords that need to get hung on the wall, a crossbow that need the laser sight installed, a few antique weapons I need to make display cases for, some custom officer pods I need to finish, some more custum macross+spawn custums I need to finish, an sdf I need to either custum of find arms for, a seeker in need of a box, a O' in need of a box, a gbp in need of a box, some crap I need to sell, MY computer which I need to add a hard drive to which is sitting on top of it, and probably a lot of stuff I'm forgeting about. :blink::rolleyes:

Managed to handle every other room of the house since we bought it but my "office" just gets more crap I don't have the time to deal with stacked on top of other crap I meant to deal with before the move :lol: . Work 80 hrs a week to be able to afford the crap I don't have time to play with :blink:

It triggers heart atacks Viceland, AND the urge to run and grab the MG42 out of the armory :D It may only fire movie blanks but run off a belt in that and the kids will stop in their tracks :D

Kanata ill see if i can find a YOP bottle for ya. Im actually a yank stationed over here. "Gimmie YOP me momma YOP me momma"

Bad news everyone :( My tiger snapped its rear track tension axle :( It has now been gutted for its gearboxes and sound units to get my StugIV running. I will however be getting a new tiger here shortly :D so all is not lost but im still miffed. It was running fine this morning and then on regular manouvers through level terrain the idler literally fell off. She had a good life and lasted longet than any real tiger on the battlefield (1 3/4 years) almost daily running. Day of mourning.

Well, I got off my lazy butt and started working again on modeling, and I recently bought the REvel version SDF-1, dont beat me up yet, I got to see if my modeling skills were still there and if I screwed up lol I love expermintal models

Though not as good as you guys I have gotten this much done,still need to fix some messups, but I figrued I put this up and see what you guys think

Revel SDF-1 Main gun and Carriers

Edited by Goshawk

Here are some progress shots of my Hasegawa YF-21.

I've added the 3rd shade of blue to most of it now, and masking "freehanding" the cockpit area now (there aren't any panel lines there that will fit my paint scheme).

I've diverged a bit from my reference pics (WM Cheng + some pics of the bird off of the net) but I'm not much of a stickler for accuarcy :)

Once i've finished the cockpit area, it's full-coat of Future and I'll move on to the landing gear and the decals.

post-2765-1124051914_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1124051927_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1124051935_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1124051944_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1124051954_thumb.jpgpost-2765-1124051962_thumb.jpg

This is just sample. My "test" piece just to see if the technique works. Prepare for extreme closeup!

footrear.jpg

footfront.jpg

I think it works pretty well.

HOLY CRAP! That is one SERIOUSLY weathered foot!

You're planning on applying classic "Armor" (tanks and such) weathering techniques to a Gundam? Fantastic idea!

I've been drooling over those supremely done tanks you see in many of the mainstream modeling magazines, but have never wanted to do a tank. You've just opened my eyes to a really great idea!

O.K. Kylwell -SPILL THE BEANS!- How did you get this incredible effect, I mean the bubbling and cracking! and the discolouring and flaking! absolutely AWESOME! HOW! HOW! HOW! you gotta walk us through this step by step! PLEASE!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

O.K. Kylwell -SPILL THE BEANS!- How did you get this incredible effect, I mean the bubbling and cracking! and the discolouring and flaking! absolutely AWESOME! HOW! HOW! HOW! you gotta walk us through this step by step! PLEASE!

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

320729[/snapback]

ditto.... Please show us a "How-To".

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

320729[/snapback]

ditto.... Please show us a "How-To".

320749[/snapback]

TRITTO!!! That's incredible!! it looks so real!! We need to know how to do this!!!

EXCELLENT rust Kylwell. I want to know how you did that as well. Armentage the 21 is looking real good. Thanks UN Marine. I have yet to pick up rex and finish him. i was really busy this weekend and am drained still. Great work all of you.