What is lying on your workbench?

OMG that looks gorgeous. I guess it tractor-beams your wallet, so I'll just sit back another ten years til we get the Fine Molds kit...

Will you paint it over the weekend? :D

-i-

It has to be one of the best resin/money kits out there. Every detail is comparable to the studio model. I will start painting it this weekend. It will take a while on this one though. Lots of scratches, and wear to replicate.

I doubt fine molds will do one.

Will you make the "New Hope" (white/red) or "Jedi" (grey/orange) one?

-i-

It would have to be the new hope one since the Jedi version also had windows added to the armored spine area. The filming model has since been redressed back to the ANH standards. Also the Jedi version was red and white as well its just lighting and film exposure at the time that gave the red a orange hint.

I want to know how big it is; where did yuo get it and how much did it cost..??

Its over 27 inches long and PM for the cost. Production will be switching to another person soon though.

Grayson.

Yes people are mastering alot of stuff but im still pissed that the Ebon Hawk that Boby did was a one off. He should have made a kit of that. I could see my shelf now, Ebon Hawk, Millennium Falcon, and Outrider. Right now the Blockade runner is perched on top of my TV. Im going to finish seam and bubble filling on it tonight.

Well im missing an engine piece but that should be on the way shortly But i have started painting the main fuselage. I have gotten as far as the postshading and paneling. Next up is the oil wash. This will bring the details out more.

I will be painting the engines too its only missing oe exhaust nozzle and i made it the middle one so it can be added later but it will allow me to display it still

post-2293-1158358880_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158358904_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158358926_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158358967_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158358984_thumb.jpg

This model goes along well with many of the SW micro machines ones. I was planning on building one from scratch but since someone has created one that probably will look 10 times better I rather buy it...

Thanks for the tip HWR

HWR MKII,

Very nice. Impressive indeed. You seem to be the only guy around here who finishes most of the models he receives.

Kudos, man, kudos.

Currently, scratchbuilding my avatar in 1/48. Had to rework the lower portion as it was slightly off. It was only apparent until I was scribing the panel lines.

Oh well...at least it's still in the works. ;)

Thanks guys. For those who might get this model it will seem daunting at first but if you just sit down and study it while you build and it wll fall together.

For my paint job i basecoated it in white, handpainted the red markings and then postshaded the panels on with Tamiya nato black. Since that color is more of a dark grey it doesnt seem as stark a contrast when put on. Some areas got misted with highly thinned nato black to tone it down a little. Then i applied a wash of artist oils Lamp black to the details. Once all these are on the model it will obtain the very light grey tone that the filming model has. Im using old photos of the model before its "cleaning" for the traveling ILM model display. I have pics of the restored version as well and the tone in the weathering is quite noticeably different. Also the model hasnt been dusted since its refurbishment.

All in all this is a refereshing build of a very popular and often overlooked vehicle. This will recieve a highly visible display area in my house when i return to the US next year.

Edited by HWR MKII

I wish i were able to link to the noise the tripod makes in the movie for this.Either the loud call or the mechanical clanking it makes. Basic construction and preshading is done. I will be putting the initial color down tomorrow and adding the spines on the back of the head.

post-2293-1158616406_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158616457_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158616483_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158616522_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1158616540_thumb.jpg

I wish i were able to link to the noise the tripod makes in the movie for this.Either the loud call or the mechanical clanking it makes. Basic construction and preshading is done. I will be putting the initial color down tomorrow and adding the spines on the back of the head.

you know what else would be cool is if it sprayed blood fertilizer, oh man saweet!

It wont spray blood but i found a use for that fake holloween webbing. Just dye it red and string it over parts of the base. I will also simulate vapor coming out of some of the 6 vents on the underside. I do want to make a sound chip and button for the base and house it in a box with some decent speakers. Thats for later though.

ah man, not the tripods I hate them their creepy and eriee I wish a baattledroid was their to kick their ass.

too much projects man ... >_<

I started to clean up Johns booster from last year... didnt get far ^_^

I wanted to do a mini Macross factory 1/170 with the 1/200 kits I have with the monster at the same scale all in boxes still...

a bunch of Gundam kits, orguss, 1/35 tanks, 1/72 modern jet, dragonar, ideon... AAARRRRGGGGG! y do i have to start everything at once?

If you liked that your gonna LOVE this :D This is the last youll see of it though since the end result and base are for a contest thats coming up :D You guys can thank Kylwell for the idea for the camo. He said tiger stripes like the old WW2 german tanks so i took it literally and made the stripes on this stylized like the stripes on a real tiger cat.

post-2293-1159306543_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306564_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306588_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306620_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306638_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306667_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306683_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306701_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1159306719_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII