Episode 313: Monster

Synopsis: When Count Dooku calls upon the Nightsisters seeking a replacement for Ventress, she and her kin seize the opportunity to exact revenge. Ventress visits the far side of Dathomir and the males of the planet seeking the most brutal and powerful warrior among them. Through their witchcraft, the Nightsisters transform Savage Opress into a monstrous killer designed to turn on his new master.

Yes indeed, good episode! Although I'm a little skeptical of Savage's Force powers...or lack thereof. Instant power through ritual? Neat trick, good thing the Nightsisters like to keep to themselves.

To add onto the Witches art and style, I'd like to share the way I saw the Nightsisters for many years in SWG. You can tell they must have looked this way when they were designing what we've seen in Clone Wars. On the flip side I guess they didn't read The Courtship of Princess Leia since we never got to see any mounted on Rancors :(

post-2668-129506102883_thumb.jpg

post-2668-129506105021_thumb.jpg

post-2668-129506106136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zor Primus

It is episodes like this one that make me wish this show was an hour long instead of 30 minutes. The episode was good and exciting, but also felt very rushed. Especially the magic transformation scene, and the ending with Savage landing on Devaron and wiping everyone out in like a minute. It was funny seeing him get shot, and looking down at the end result as if a humming bird had collided with his chest and it died on impact. :lol:

I am torn on Savage right now and how he became so powerful. I mean if the Nightsisters can make instant Jedi killers out of decent warriors, why not breed an army of warriors and take them all to the Nightsisters? Then drop of said army on the Jedi Temple door step. Even if they lose, chances are the Jedi ranks will be thinned out considerably. However on the flip side, I am glad they didn't just choose someone from Darth Maul's species out of the blue, and with a couple of weeks of training with Darth Tyranus, he was instantly better and more powerful than many Jedi as well. (Speaking of Maul, could they name drop that name more often in one episode? I was never under the impression he was that powerful to begin with. Just a good warrior, but someone who would get owned by any Jedi/Sith with more than sufficient lightsaber or force abilities.)

Anyways, this of course is where an extra 30 minutes could have come in to play. They could really elaborate on what it is the Nightsisters did to Savage, and how often, if ever again, they could do it. Or maybe something like that is why they needed the absolute strongest male out of their warriors in order for the enchanting to produce the powerhouse warrior they did.

I loved Tyranus's speech at the end and how he plans on overthrowing Sidious. I assume that he had similar plans with Ventress. Let's just hope he doesn't loose his head over it... Sorry I had to. :p

While watching the 'transformation' sequence, you couldn't help but think Frankenstein. Whether they can do that to anyone at any point....who knows. But the title of the episode, Monster, sums it up.

Via an interview with Katie Lucas:

"Savage is a lot like Frankenstein's creation," says Lucas. "He's a monster, but you get brief glimpses of a real heart beneath the surface. He's a complicated character -- I don't think he would have turned to the dark side without the manipulation of the witches. They use him."

Man, with the last two episodes written by Ms. Lucas, she should write more episodes than this trilogy.

Oh, just found the preview for the next episode which was not shown at the end of last night's......HOLY S---!!!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/starwars/?episodeID=8a250ab02c325aa5012c51f8a0440271

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Yep, it was a good ep.

One little nit though: I just can't get over how they pronounce Savage's name.

Maybe I've watched Superbad too many times, but I keep thinking of this everytime I hear the prononciation:

:rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder if Lucasfilm is just doing self-parodies with names the past decade. (I'm not even going to try to spell these right)

Voolvif Monn---hey, a wolf-man!

Savage Opress---yeah, he's savage and will likely oppress people

Elan Sleazebaggano----hey, a sleaze-bag drug dealer!

And of course, most Darth names. Vader was the only one with any "thought" put into it. We're runing out of "evil" terms at this point. Darth Badguya is probably next, or Darth Evilpersonis.

And of course, most Darth names. Vader was the only one with any "thought" put into it. We're runing out of "evil" terms at this point. Darth Badguya is probably next, or Darth Evilpersonis.

Nah, Darth Barf - too bad John Candy will not be able to voice him... (He would be the evil half man half dog, his own best friend - very handy in the Star Wars universe.)

Liam Neeson to return to voice Qui-Gon Jin in the Clone Wars:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam-neeson-star-wars-clone-wars-exclusive/

Awesome. I heard a rumor that Liam Neeson recorded dialogue for Episode 2 where his ghost appeared to Anakin. Not sure if it was true or not, but it would be cool if he appeared this way to Anakin and also appeared to Yoda to show him how to turn in to a spirit (as mentioned in Episode 3).

Awesome. I heard a rumor that Liam Neeson recorded dialogue for Episode 2 where his ghost appeared to Anakin. Not sure if it was true or not, but it would be cool if he appeared this way to Anakin and also appeared to Yoda to show him how to turn in to a spirit (as mentioned in Episode 3).

the lines Liam Neeson did for episode 2 was 'Anakin! Anakin!' when he was killing the tusken raiders,you hear it during yoda's meditation.

OH HELL YEAH!! My favorite part of the Clone Wars mini-series was the dream sequence where Qui Gon gave young Anakin the tree test. This is bound to be epic, and for this occasion, I will break my "wait for the bluray" rule, & watch all 3 episodes.

Episode 314: Witches of the Mist

Synopsis: Anakin and Obi-Wan, sent to track down the mysterious figure behind the deaths of several Jedi, soon find themselves on the trail of the monstrous apprentice that Ventress has created: Savage Opress. However, Dooku and Ventress also discover that this new apprentice has a will of his own...

Episode 314: Witches of the Mist

Synopsis: Anakin and Obi-Wan, sent to track down the mysterious figure behind the deaths of several Jedi, soon find themselves on the trail of the monstrous apprentice that Ventress has created: Savage Opress. However, Dooku and Ventress also discover that this new apprentice has a will of his own...

Anakin would have turned out so different had Qui-gon stuck around as a ghost for him...Yoda was right about having doubts in Obi-wan's ability to teach...that miscalculation was the beginning of the end of the Jedi.

My idea for epic would be that Qui-gon appears to Anakin and at first all would be peaches and cream, then something happens that would make Anakin go against his first master's advice and instead do something...dark...we need some more random examples of fear, hate, anger...revenge...

It doesn't seem right, at the end of SW-E3 Obiwan didn't know about Jedi chost existence.

To their defense, Obi-wan could chalk up this as a vision. Yoda was going to instruct him how to commune with Qui-gon.

All depends on the dialog now, I hope they remember...as for my previous post. Guess I won't get what I wanted :(

Great episode last night, amazing duel. I want to hire Opress as a lightning rod lol

Edited by Zor Primus

^ I agree, Qui Gon asks Obi Wan if he has been training the boy as he asked. So this is probably something like the vision Luke had on Dagobah.

Last night's episode was great, the duels were mostly amazing. I just hope that Darth Maul is in no way shape or form actually alive. Seriously, that will be worse than endless political episodes. At least in my opinion.

Last night's episode was great, the duels were mostly amazing. I just hope that Darth Maul is in no way shape or form actually alive. Seriously, that will be worse than endless political episodes. At least in my opinion.

Agreed, but there's no way in hell that A) the CW team would actually think of bringing Maul back and B) that Lucas approves it.

....is there?

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Agreed, but there's no way in hell that A) the CW team would actually think of bringing Maul back and B) that Lucas approves it.

....is there?

I wouldn't think so. I mean, Qui Gon Jin died with a lightsaber through the gut. Darth Maul was cut in half and fell who knows how far? Thousands of feet, perhaps a lot more.

What are they going to say, he grabbed his lightsaber, and fused his body back together? :lol:

Also, this is like the second episode in which they talked up Darth Maul as if he was one badass Sith Lord. I guess I need to watch the Phantom Menace again, I at this point view him no more powerful than Ventress... hell after last night's episode, I would rank him under Ventress.