Real-World DESTROID MONSTER!

(Thanks to leMel42 at ToyoxDX.)

Getting closer to a real-world Destroid MONSTER!!!

Tell me the designer ain't a Macross-fan!!!

ugv_07.jpg

"How ya like them apples?!?!"

article:

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001451.html

pics:

http://www.metalstorm.com/05_graphics_40mm.html

Evil robo army gooooo!

I read all the stuff about that, thanks for the link. Sounds hella cool. Love anything that blows up our enemies without risking our guys. Looks neat too. The Metal Storm tech is acutally quite impressive and intersting...their site is neat.

See, that's what the cute-ness factor is for: ;)

"Awwww. Lookee the little-wittle- BAM!!!!

Too make it cute...

Needs to be in a pink colored camo and a pair of chibi neko ears.

-or-

Forgoe the Pink, use a light blue camo color, keep the ears, and give it the personality of a tachikoma/fuchikoma.

See, that's what the cute-ness factor is for:  ;)

"Awwww.  Lookee the little-wittle- BAM!!!!

Too make it cute...

Needs to be in a pink colored camo and a pair of chibi neko ears.

-or-

Forgoe the Pink, use a light blue camo color, keep the ears, and give it the personality of a tachikoma/fuchikoma.

Ya know that's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. It is "cute" like a 'baby monster" and I can easily picture it with the personality of a tachikoma.

I don't like it, that's just me though. I feel that war is grusome and bloody for a reason, to keep us from wanting to go to it unless it is necissary. I feel that if we put robots in too many fields of the military we will be much more likely to go to war for less important reasons than in the past.

I don't like it, that's just me though. I feel that war is grusome and bloody for a reason, to keep us from wanting to go to it unless it is necissary. I feel that if we put robots in too many fields of the military we will be much more likely to go to war for less important reasons than in the past.

yeah, like that Star Trek episode where two planets were at war for hundreds of years and used computers to calculate casualties and stuff and had the people deemed "killed" report to death chambers to die.

back to topic, its a pretty cool looking piece of machinery

very cool, in the next 10 years we will probably see much more stuff like this. i can only imagine how much the technoligical face of war will change in the mext 20 to 30 years.

chris

Very impressive. I've been expecting to see something like this for quite sometime. The unmanned reconnaissance aircraft and satellites are one thing, but to see something like this make it into the combined arms of the ground based military is something else. I'd be curious to learn more about the capabilities and especially the limitations of this new piece of hardware.

I wonder if they'll allow that thing in Robot Wars? (is that show even still on??)

Anyways that was a cool little robot all guns, and treads. Looks like a prototype for Bonaparte. :D

AND I'm going to merge this with the the "Most plausible mecha thread" in a few days since I beat you to this info in there by a good 4 hrs. :p

I just saw the pic of the scale of the little thing and I just have a feeling of it shinbashing the person in front of it, then shooting them in the groin.

With 40mm rounds? That's gotta hurt.

explosively.... yes... could give it own ballet version of the "Nut Cracker". :blink:

"Ok you know the words its Tinky tinky, clinky clinky-"

"Tinky tinky, clinky clinky, what the $%#!@ is that?"

"Now come on, the idea we're advetising here is a cute killing machine."

"A cute killing machine what the &%^$ is that!? I got an 8mm cannon for a noise and you want to call that CUTE!?"

I know thats not how it went but try real hard where I got this. :p

That's naive. The real reasons for war are usually something obscene. In Middle East for istance the goal is to dismember Iraq and Syria into smaller states by fomenting internal ethnical and religious conflicts, while Lebanon is supposed to be turned into a Christian state. All this because Israel doesn't like strong neighbours. The US accepted also for other trivial reasons. The only thing to say it is that Iraq quagmire was expected, as it was expected in Vietnam and before that in Japan; it never was a surprise, rather it was an intentional goal.

Another important fact is that no weapons are required to kill lot of people. Look at Switzerland. It is neutral, but with Nestlè, Novartis and its banks it has killed thousands around the world. There are books that describe how economic strangling is done.

"We Americans claim to be a peace-loving people. We hate bloodshed; we are opposed to violence. Yet we go into spasms of joy over the possibility of projecting dynamite bombs from flying machines upon helpless citizens."

Emma Goldman (1869-1940)

FV

Guest Bromgrev

Heh. That looks like a step up fom the old Northern Ireland bomb squad robot with the 12-gauge ... :ph34r: You've got to wonder how fast it is, though. Surely not as fast as A1.