New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

I suppose the chances of having something like this are impossible, but how difficult do you think it'd be to make a custom GBP so that it looks like this? I think this GBP looks 100x more menacing than the original. I guess other people have posted this pic already too. I didn't realize it was the thunder hammer/hummer... Is it just me, or does the GBP make it look really fat?

post-4-1113251739_thumb.jpg

Edited by phatslappy

I suppose the chances of having something like this are impossible, but how difficult do you think it'd be to make a custom GBP so that it looks like this? I think this GBP looks 100x more menacing than the original. I guess other people have posted this pic already too. I didn't realize it was the thunder hammer/hummer... Is it just me, or does the GBP make it look really fat?

Most posted pic in the forum :lol:

The TH is completely different, you can use the regular fastpacks for the boosters but then you'll have to modify every single part of the armor.

There is nothing strange in the 2 kg weight, just the fastpack set weight 1kg, you want bigger scale? then eat the weight.

I have no problems with the weight, I prefer it to be heavy than light as long as the joints can support it. Being 2kg means the GBP by itself is gonna weigh more than the Valk + Super Fast Pack as the Super VF-1J is 1.8kg. The GBP and Valk together is gonna be one heavy toy to handle.

dont know about it looking fat but it does looks bit breasty

Ok, now that we have some kind of idea when this particular armor's coming out, let me ask the next obvious question: Does anyone know if either TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37's making decals for the 1/48 GBP's ?   :huh:

Let's not get too excited. I think TAKATOYS and ANASAZI37 will wait for the GBP to come out officially. Why waste the time if this becomes vaporware like the yf-19 FP. :unsure:

Waddya mean vapourware? I got the word that it's gonna come out and I gots the money flowin to my supplier too.

connor99, I think it's best to wait for the GBP to come out. Because not only do Takatoys and Anasazi make stickers out of better material, but if it's bhadly disproportioned they will fix that as well.

There's no chance that this will be vapourware. Yamato will be stooopid to stop the progress on this. Summer of 2005 here we come!

Looks like it most likely won't be vaporware. Toy-Wave is already taking preorders on it at US$69.

One thing I noticed the weight placed at Toy-Wave is 2kg. Wonder whether thats an estimate or weight given by Yamato.

So? VE took Pre-orders for the YF-19FP. I am not trying to burst everyone's bubble. I for one want 15 of these bad boys. I am just trying to keep from being too excited. I also still want the 1/60 Destroid Monster and the YF-19 FP, ya know.

Ok, now that we have some kind of idea when this particular armor's coming out, let me ask the next obvious question: Does anyone know if either TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37's making decals for the 1/48 GBP's ?   :huh:

Let's not get too excited. I think TAKATOYS and ANASAZI37 will wait for the GBP to come out officially. Why waste the time if this becomes vaporware like the yf-19 FP. :unsure:

Waddya mean vapourware? I got the word that it's gonna come out and I gots the money flowin to my supplier too.

connor99, I think it's best to wait for the GBP to come out. Because not only do Takatoys and Anasazi make stickers out of better material, but if it's bhadly disproportioned they will fix that as well.

There's no chance that this will be vapourware. Yamato will be stooopid to stop the progress on this. Summer of 2005 here we come!

Looks like it most likely won't be vaporware. Toy-Wave is already taking preorders on it at US$69.

One thing I noticed the weight placed at Toy-Wave is 2kg. Wonder whether thats an estimate or weight given by Yamato.

So? VE took Pre-orders for the YF-19FP. I am not trying to burst everyone's bubble. I for one want 15 of these bad boys. I am just trying to keep from being too excited. I also still want the 1/60 Destroid Monster and the YF-19 FP, ya know.

Just saying it will most likely not be vaporware. I never said it is definetly coming out. Plus at least for the GBP we have seen the prototype pics and also a price tag place on it, which we didn't see for the YF-19FP. I too am eager to get it but not sure whether to preorder it yet, so until then will wait for further news.

Just saying it will most likely not be vaporware. I never said it is definetly coming out. Plus at least for the GBP we have seen the prototype pics and also a price tag place on it, which we didn't see for the YF-19FP. I too am eager to get it but not sure whether to preorder it yet, so until then will wait for further news.

oww...yeaaaa...we ALSO did see the prototype for the VF-0s.....but Im pretty sure this one wont be the same ;)

oww...yeaaaa...we ALSO did see the prototype for the VF-0s.....but Im pretty sure this one wont be the same ;)

Again I am not saying its definetly coming out. Yes we did see a prototype for the VF-0S but we only got an estimate price from a magazine. As for the GBP they have placed a price on it with and without Japan Tax. And as I said that I will wait for further news before deciding to preorder it.

Again I am not saying its definetly coming out. Yes we did see a prototype for the VF-0S but we only got an estimate price from a magazine. As for the GBP they have placed a price on it with and without Japan Tax. And as I said that I will wait for further news before deciding to preorder it.

It's a safe bet that it'll come out since the vast amount that Yamato has sold regarding all its 1/48 line their's a market base for the GBP as opposed to the vf-0 and the yf-19 fp whcih can only rely on an existing fanbase which isn't enough to push a definite date on their release. JMO

The weirdest thing is, that there is no word on a release of a VF-1J, The people that have no 1/48 are going to miss out. That's so weird IMO.

The people that have no 1/48 are going to miss out. That's so weird IMO.

No it`s not cuz Yamato Macross toys are so expensive even as Macross fanl ike me.

@Black Valk: Huh? I don't get your logic.

@Kensei: ya, I'm gonna have to skip if there's no sign of a VF-1J. BTW I'm also quite hesitant to pre-order it even if there's a VF-1J bundle, due to Yamato's QC issues. :blink:

Edited by Evanta

Here is a not so surprising development.

1/48 VF-1J Hikarus non fastpack are selling once again, almost gone. The supers are also selling, but not as fast.

Very smart of Yamato to just announce the GPB pack without VF-1J. The retailers who were sitting on dead stock probably are happy.

Where did you stumble onto this info?

1/48 VF-1J Hikarus non fastpack are selling once again, almost gone. The supers are also selling, but not as fast.

Very smart of Yamato to just announce the GPB pack without VF-1J. The retailers who were sitting on dead stock probably are happy.

Is this insider news or things you noticied while shopping for Yamato merchandise?

Is this insider news or things you noticied while shopping for Yamato merchandise?

This is stuff I just noticed shopping around in the Kansai area. Places that had the Hikaru VF-1J in stock before are sold out. And less of the fast packed ones remain.

This is stuff I just noticed shopping around in the Kansai area. Places that had the Hikaru VF-1J in stock before are sold out. And less of the fast packed ones remain.

Perhaps a sales ploy? It is smart to announce the GBP without valk now that I think about it. But if this is going to be a full production run of GBP Armour, I doubt that there are enough VF-1Js in the world available now to put on the GBP. Not everyone wants to put them on VF-1A and Ss you know. When supplies get to a critical point I believe that there is going to be a rerelease of a GBP Armour w/valk. My faith so far has paid off with the 2nd reissue of the VF-1S and the release of the 1/48 GBP itself. The naysayers have been disappointed once, and they will again.

And to think about it again, not only does it get rid of the old stock of VF-1Js, but it also is an indirect indicator of interest for the GBP. Definitely not vapourware now.

kensei Posted on Apr 17 2005, 03:36 AM

And to think about it again, not only does it get rid of the old stock of VF-1Js, but it also is an indirect indicator of interest for the GBP. Definitely not vapourware now. 

Alright, now that's the kind of thing I like to hear! If YAMATO is completely backing away from anything and everything MACROSS, that's fine! But give us our 1/48 GBP!! And I agree with KENSEI here, it's more likely a marketing ploy. And for what reason? Maybe to sell more 1/48's, who knows?! ;):D

TOld ya guys Yamato is just being smart, they know how takatoku and bandai both ended up with the license, do you think they would really flood the market would expensive ass merchandise and risk ending up like them when they already saturated the market? I sure don't.

Howard, thanks for the info on how sales are around your area. Its giving us fans here the bigger picture in terms of how things are working.

kensei Posted on Apr 17 2005, 03:36 AM

Alright, now that's the kind of thing I like to hear! If YAMATO is completely backing away from anything and everything MACROSS, that's fine! But give us our 1/48 GBP!! And I agree with KENSEI here, it's more likely a marketing ploy. And for what reason? Maybe to sell more 1/48's, who knows?! ;):D

It might also be a way of looking after their retailers. If noone wants to take up stock from Yamato again, that might be a real problem for them.

You guys are giving yamato more credit that they actually deserve.

It's you good men that are pulling these loose ends together that are smart, not yamato.

They already made their money when they sold their initial run of vf-1J's to the retailers. Unless they re-release another run at vf-1Js, this marketing "ploy" doesn't really benefit them. They're simply going for a sure thing, the 1/48 GBP, an item high above the Macrossworld's most wanted list.

I really got to hand it to you guys.... One helluva fan base for being so kind! Seriously, this community is one of the sturdiest I've seen. :)

If you objectively examine many of their decisions to date however, not a lot point to "smart marketers." Yamato already tipped the scale for good when it comes to bad decisions...

examples:

- Letting their licenses for the Mac plus valks (specifically, the yf-19 fp) expire while pouting over a fake pic from fans who've been understandably deprived of any news of it for more than a year! You can't get any more of a sure hit than a improved kick ass yf-19 and they still won't do it. Also, what happned to the VF-0? for all we know it's quite possible the license for that probably expired as well... Yamato smart? nah...

- Making the q-rau and using millia's red color for it's debut was dumb. :o Sigh.... Setting it's price for almost the cost of a 1/48 was also retarded. Judging even by millia vf-1j's both 1/60 and 1/48, millia never did too hot. A green Qrau would have gotten them the returns they wanted... The poor sales of the red qrau as we now know, is one of the reasons Yamato is producing less Macross items. yamato smart? nah...

- Totally shielding itself from the very fans that helped it become as big as they are now? Cutting off stalwart devotees like our very own Graham who by the way gave tons of free publicity for their products! You never treat your fans that way... Yamato smart? nah....

These three are just examples that are clear cut and already transpired. If I were to start stringing loose end theories, gosh I'd be here forever.

Seriously for me personally, if a good honest company came along and produced quality macross products then I'd be there in a heartbeat.

All thanks to yamato's "smart" marketing!

:lol:

thank you YAMATO! You smarty pants, you!

*cough*dumbasses*cough* :ph34r: