Newbie Questions on Macross

Aye, it does. The throttle lever's vertical movement does, indeed, determine mode in DYRL. 45 degrees is GERWALK, 90 degrees is battroid. God, I love my gold book! :p

Fantastic. That's cool and very easy to remember. It must be the same in Macross Frontier then, because I beleive episode 2 had a scene in which Ozuma transforms his VF-25 the exact same way.

I was watching a video on YouTube that shows the transformation of the VF-0S for the first time in slow-mo which I think is from the first episode of Macross Zero. There's a scene where Roy catches the gunpod in mid-air. Not sure about this, but is this how a Valkyrie normally grabs the gunpod during transformation from Fighter to Battroid? Or is the gunpod normally stowed on the left arm and the Battroid uses the right arm to grab it? Seems that there should be a more efficient way to transfer the gunpod to the right hand during transformation, such as a mechanical arm that would guide it to the right hand from being attached to the right forearm for faster deployment.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I was watching a video on YouTube that shows the transformation of the VF-0S for the first time in slow-mo which I think is from the first episode of Macross Zero. There's a scene where Roy catches the gunpod in mid-air. Not sure about this, but is this how a Valkyrie normally grabs the gunpod during transformation from Fighter to Battroid? Or is the gunpod normally stowed on the left arm and the Battroid uses the right arm to grab it? Seems that there should be a more efficient way to transfer the gunpod to the right hand during transformation, such as a mechanical arm that would guide it to the right hand from being attached to the right forearm for faster deployment.

I believe the aerial snatch and grab is standard, as unpleasant as it is.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The scene in Macross Zero is probably an extremely stylized and overly dramatic version of gun pod transfer, but it may be accurate for most Valkyries. The VF-17 in Macross 7 practically fires it's gun pod out of the leg and the Battroid catches it in the manipulator.

In SDFM the gunpod is carried on the arm and in at least one scene we see it taken off, the strap attached and then slung over the shoulder. In DYRL Max used it to shoot a Zentreadi in the head while still attached to his battroid's arm. I think the VF-17's gunpod "launch" from the leg stowage was a recent feature for that line fighters. AFAIK the VF-25 doesn't use that type of feature...

Roy's catch of the gunpod in mid air was because the "fully loaded" gunpod was still attached to the refueling plane when it was blown up by the AUN.

Edited by Zinjo

Roy's catch of the gunpod in mid air was because the "fully loaded" gunpod was still attached to the refueling plane when it was blown up by the AUN.

No, the first VF-0S transformation features a gun pod grab. It remains attached to the arm just like the VF-1, then pops off and the Battroid grabs it. The mid-air refueling scene was much later in the Macross Zero series.

No, the first VF-0S transformation features a gun pod grab. It remains attached to the arm just like the VF-1, then pops off and the Battroid grabs it. The mid-air refueling scene was much later in the Macross Zero series.

most likely it's the pilot's option. if he goes to gerwalk or battroid but feels he won't need his sidearm, he just leaves it attached to the arm for later use.

if he needs instant offense, he pops the rifle from the arm and catches it midair.

If he's done using the rifle, he can either sling it on the battroid's shoulder, or attach it again to the arm.

or if we apply what happened in dyrl, he can actually still shoot the rifle while it is still attached to the arm. that wouldn't be unbelievable, because the rifle can shoot on its own during fighter mode anyway, without having to manually pull the trigger.

but what will really bake your noggin is: how does the battroid or gerwalk holding the rifle in its hand suddenly go back to fighter with the rifle automatically back in place under it, in one seamless motion? ;)

In SDFM the gunpod is carried on the arm and in at least one scene we see it taken off, the strap attached and then slung over the shoulder. In DYRL Max used it to shoot a Zentreadi in the head while still attached to his battroid's arm.

The DYRL shot was also likely impossible, given the VF-1 design.

The gunpod would have to be attached pointing backwards in fighter mode for that to work.

Right now, only the show's staff knows the answer...

Heck, there's no VA on the character.

Really people, you might want to hold off on the Frontier questions till AFTER the show ends. <_<:rolleyes:

:blink:

Small Hands!!! :lol:

Was that ever animated in DYRL or SDFM?

Of course, in episode 3 of the Original Super Dimensional Fortress Macross T.V. Series... That's how Roy takes Hikaru & Mynmai with him... He uses the system to detach the cockpit from Hikaru's Valkyrie & put it in the underside of his VF-1S...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Hey who's Bilrer in Frontier?

He could be an executive of the SMS, ala "Space Above and Beyond".

Where one of the executives of the corporation that sent colonists to a planet (who were then attacked) actually knew about the aliens that attacked them and for all intents and purposes provoked the war by sending the colony to settle there anyway...

Edited by Zinjo

Where one of the executives of the corporation that sent colonists to a planet (who were then attacked) actually knew about the aliens that attacked them and for all intents and purposes provoked the war by sending the colony to settle there anyway...

Vajra von Richthofen, the Red Lobster Baron :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist (put head in a bucket of cold water)

The DYRL shot was also likely impossible, given the VF-1 design.

The gunpod would have to be attached pointing backwards in fighter mode for that to work.

Yeah, that's true. I'm thinking the gunpod could actually swivel about it's handle or it can be positioned the other way around on the arm. The attachment points on the arms can mechanically adjust to accomodate the handle to switch the position of the gunpod the other way. The Revoltech figures allow you to position the gunpod in the opposite way. Now if only Kaiyodo would make a VF-1A Max and Zentraedi soldier with optional blasted head to match, that woud be awesome.

Of course, in episode 3 of the Original Super Dimensional Fortress Macross T.V. Series... That's how Roy takes Hikaru & Mynmai with him... He uses the system to detach the cockpit from Hikaru's Valkyrie & put it in the underside of his VF-1S...

He also uses them to perform some repairs on Hikaru's battered 1D shortly after the crash, if I recall.

Yes... He looks creepy & EVIL. I remember some ppl said that Leon was evil. I think Leon may be guilty by association (or utilitarism, hehe)... But I don't think he is the one pulling the strings... Mr. Bilrer on the other hand...

Aaaah.... SAAB... Such a gooood short show. I always wanted an anime version of it, hehehe...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

:blink:

Small Hands!!! :lol:

Was that ever animated in DYRL or SDFM?

HAHAHAHAAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

Well, this IS MacrossWorld after all :)

Like JBO mentioned, Roy Focker does some repairs to Hikaru's VF-1D in episode 2 of SDF Macross. That's the only time we see them and they never appear again.

Yeah, that's true. I'm thinking the gunpod could actually swivel about it's handle or it can be positioned the other way around on the arm. The attachment points on the arms can mechanically adjust to accomodate the handle to switch the position of the gunpod the other way. The Revoltech figures allow you to position the gunpod in the opposite way. Now if only Kaiyodo would make a VF-1A Max and Zentraedi soldier with optional blasted head to match, that woud be awesome.

In fact there's photos of a resin sculpt of that scene of DYRL on the magazines section but I can't remember the exact magazine and year.

You mean the AeroTech dude in SAAB? That might actually work, its about time that Macross feature something like this. I mean in SDFM it was Humanity v. Zentraedi all the way. But with MF, I'm getting the conspiracy/military/thriller/action/sci-fi vibe ala Space Above And Beyond.

Vajra von Richthofen, the Red Lobster Baron :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist (put head in a bucket of cold water)

If that happens then all the SMS and NUNS has to do to defeat the Vajra are:

-- To let them drink water so they die. :lol:

-- Use Hammerheads instead of VFs. :ph34r:

BTW, just like someone else said it really made me sad that there never was a season 2 for SAAB. :(

bit change of topic...

watching episode 6... and the shots from Macross Galaxy, it reminded me of the capital ship that Gepelnitch showed up on Macross 7...and I always wondered, where was that ship and the fleet that the Protodevlin where using from??? most of it didn't look like U.N. Spacy ships

watching episode 6... and the shots from Macross Galaxy, it reminded me of the capital ship that Gepelnitch showed up on Macross 7...and I always wondered, where was that ship and the fleet that the Protodevlin where using from??? most of it didn't look like U.N. Spacy ships

It was from the Megaroad-13 fleet. The Protodevlin have a tendency to convert ships to their liking.

Hey there, first post but long time lurker. Has it been stated yet in Frontier what does the acronym SMS stand for?

Not yet, AFAIK. At least, there's nothing on the Compendium entry about them.

Maybe it's Sivilian Military Serivce...? Or Super Macross Sunbathers?

Not yet, AFAIK. At least, there's nothing on the Compendium entry about them.

Maybe it's Sivilian Military Serivce...? Or Super Macross Sunbathers?

As long as it doesn't go the Gundam way of explaining acronym or name designation.

7.jpg<_<