Yamato 1/48 VF-0S

VF-0S FAN

So I will never have it... :(:angry: or in a few years for Macross 25 th Anniversary :p

this is something we unfortunally will never see. i am still waiting for the stupid 1/72 fast packed Yf-19 :ph34r: i wish they would at least do a cannon fodder 1/48, that would be very easy for them to make.

chris

between the VF-0 and the SV-51, i think i'd rather have the latter. the difference between the VF-0 and the VF-1 series, at least to me, is insufficient to justify too much excitement.

now the nora and ivanov ones, they're groovy! (or at least, different.)

1/48 VF-0S?! YAMATO hasn't even come out with the 1/60 version yet, or who knows if they ever will! Just like most guys here at MW, I'd be happy if they go through with the 1/48 GBP or maybe a 1/48 CF ;) .

Isn't the Konig monster pretty new?

I hope to see a variable glaug someday from some company. One of my fave enemy mechs.

I'd be happy if they go through with the 1/48 GBP or maybe a 1/48 CF

I bet GBP will come out. CF would be a no-brainer for them. Still don't understand why they just dont release a yf19 fp though. (or at least confirm that they aren't doing it)

The best excuse people can come up with is: "OMG!!! STFU you whiners, Yamato need to make money too!! Only you US fans complain about this crap. Japanese fans won't buy it, and they are the main market" :D

My response: no venture, no gain. Everything is a little risky.. I see Mac+ as being the one OVA that was popular internationally and not as limited as the others. YF19 is no less recognisable as something as the scopedog they are going to be releasing.

I hope the garland makes up for this.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

they should realise that they could make more profit if instead of targeting the japanese audience they targeted the US audience. i bet macross would be more popular outside japan. they only need to take HG out of the game. IMO i think japanese audience is more focused on gundam and other series.

they should realise that they could make more profit if instead of targeting the japanese audience they targeted the US audience. i bet macross would be more popular outside japan. they only need to take HG out of the game. IMO i think japanese audience is more focused on gundam and other series.

given the anime craze right now in the US, I agree...

Yamato could revitalize their macross business if this were the case... People here (like me) buy this stuff even when it takes an arm and a leg to ship it, I can only imagine more if it was as cheap(er) as it is in HK.

but yeah.... I suppose HG will never let that happen. <_<

threads like this only depress me :(

I ain´t criticizing anyone mind you , is just that whenever I read another one of this threads it reminds me how fool a company can be and how miserable its fans become because of that :o

It took me a while to realise this but Yamato REALLY and I mean REEEAAALLY Does not give a f*ck about their consumers , japanese or otherwise, period.

They´ve grown BIG now , ya know. They`re just too important now to care if they put a good product in the market , or if they actually put anything out in the market for that matter.

They no longer need the consumer to sustain themselves , they do not need to fill the consumer needs to make a living and make a good image of themselves like the old days when they were a small company trying too stablish themselves.

wonderful were the days when I felt Yamato was the best toy manufacturer for taking macross as their flagship product , making me feel like I could dream of every single valkyrie having a toy made in its image. <_<:(

Edited by Aegis!

I tend to disagree. They've seen takatoku fall. They've seen bandai bring back molds almost EVERYONE wanted for over a decade, and instead, gather dust. Yamato themselves have saturated the market. It's not that they don;t care, they want money. And if they saturated the market, and pretty much killed the competition, and still remain in saturation, then I take it they realize macross is not the jackpot right now. Maybe in a few years. They are smart in my opinion. They are also a small company. I mean killing off bandai in the macross toy VF-1 competition is a lot to say for the fledging relative newbie called yamato, but even then that does not automatically make them a big money loaded corporation. They are playing it safe. Remember overdoing things could kill them just like the big mecha toy phase basically killed takatoku. Yamato surely knows this, and such. It's not like they just do things like this to piss us off. Seriously a lot of people act as if they owe us something and to me it really isn't the case. We just got blessed to have a company even make all this stuff and want more. As fans this is understandable,from a business stand point, I tend to think yes and no in some cases. Both japan and the US. their younger audiences are moving towards games, and seriously I never saw macross zero being an anime that EVERYONE hyped. Only here and a few other boards. Tons of people know what the hell gundam seed destiny is but who knows about macross? Us, some of the older diehards, and anime fans who like planes.

Yamato is playing it smart. Will this be the last we see of them in macross? Hah I don't think they are that stupid. I tend to think they will utilize their expensive ass molds and make new toys when the time is right. I don't think it is right right now though.

Shin's right, as popular as Macross was in the 80's, the franchise has now been relegated to niche status. The only profitable way to sell Macross toys would be to stagger releases. I guess you could say that we're all coming off a Macross toy "high", and now withdrawal is starting to kick in. :lol:

Yamato's got other franchises to milk in the meantime, but I'd be surprised if Yamato didn't have something planned for the Macross' 25th anniversary.

Back to the topic, there are other valks that deserve the 1/48 treatment over the VF-0S.

Yamato's got other franchises to milk in the meantime, but I'd be surprised if Yamato didn't have something planned for the Macross' 25th anniversary.

Back to the topic, there are other valks that deserve the 1/48 treatment over the VF-0S.

You got that right. The VF-4, VF-11, YF-19, and YF-21 would be on the top of my list of deserving designs to receive the 1/48 treatment.

We can't really do anytning about it on these boards. What about a petition in Japanese asking them to give the Royal Large Scale Treatment to 2 VFs a year? Just don't say it's from Macrossworld or course. :D

heh...too bad bandai won't release any macross toys...maybe when the 25th (or even 30th) anniversary comes around they'll make something new...we all know bandai has the engineering skills to at least make a 1/72 variable model...i just wish we weren't so picky about our toys...for some reason i feel like yamato is still looking at these boards....i mean, why else would they make a VB-6? we had the recast going on for months and months before yamato even announced it....has anyone thought that maybe the VB-6 was yamato's test shot for VFX (just like the first M+ valks)? seriously though, if the fans bought up all the konig monsters then maybe we'd see the VF-4 or the VF-5000 being made...sure, they might be as small as 1/100 scale but it'd still be worth it no? i honestly don't have the room nor the desire to have anything as big as a VF-1 1/48....just about any valk in 1/100 or 1/72 scale would be fine with me...just wish they'd release something different <_< dammit...even get TOMY to do macross variable models... <_<

heh...too bad bandai won't release any macross toys...maybe when the 25th (or even 30th) anniversary comes around they'll make something new...we all know bandai has the engineering skills to at least make a 1/72 variable model...i just wish we weren't so picky about our toys...for some reason i feel like yamato is still looking at these boards....i mean, why else would they make a VB-6? we had the recast going on for months and months before yamato even announced it....has anyone thought that maybe the VB-6 was yamato's test shot for VFX (just like the first M+ valks)? seriously though, if the fans bought up all the konig monsters then maybe we'd see the VF-4 or the VF-5000 being made...sure, they might be as small as 1/100 scale but it'd still be worth it no? i honestly don't have the room nor the desire to have anything as big as a VF-1 1/48....just about any valk in 1/100 or 1/72 scale would be fine with me...just wish they'd release something different <_< dammit...even get TOMY to do macross variable models... <_<

That´s esxactly my take on this.

We buy some , they make some. It´s as simple as that.

Unfortunatelly it seems it wasn´t enough to buy ALL 1/60 and 1/48 releases , it didn´t make a complete impression on Yamato that we´re happy to buy everything from them.

Now Macross , for some extrange reason is no longer profitable , even though the 1/60 were enoguh to trigger the production of the 1/48 which also sold like hell

So, do we have confirmation that Yamato is going to do the VF-0S and VF-0A? I thought it was only goong to be the VF-0S in Fall '05, but I read somewhere else that they are also planning the VF-0A. Can anyone confirm that?

Twich

What? HG to grant BW and Yamato the rights to take the Macross universe and leave the shores of the land of the rising sun?!!

NEVER!!!!!!!

H.G. WILL FOREVER SUPRESS ALL INFIDELS AND INSTEAD CONTINUE TO MAKE THE VERY BEST IN TOYS AND OTHER RELATED MERCHANDISE. HG AND TOYNAMI ARE A FORCE NOT TO BE RECKONED WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::p

Edited by MGREXX

What? HG to grant BW and Yamato the rights to take the Macross universe and leave the shores of the land of the rising sun?!!

NEVER!!!!!!!

H.G. WILL FOREVER SUPRESS ALL INFIDELS AND INSTEAD CONTINUE TO MAKE THE VERY BEST IN TOYS AND OTHER RELATED MERCHANDISE. HG AND TOYNAMI ARE A FORCE NOT TO BE RECKONED WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part of it is our fault. I think all of us need to persuade as many of the old robotech fans to using thier buying power on the superior macross toys and convert them over to macross and hit them at the grass roots. Like go on some insane viral marketing strategy until they see the error of thier ways in funding the terrorists. :D

I think ignorance is the main reason why people are all too prepared to buy masterpiece toynamis over other toys from other companies. They don't know any better and HG knows this which is why the silencing any time you mention other companies. They are scared of competition man! The only hope is if fans can infiltrate thier ranks as one of them and convert them to our religion instead. B)) By increasing the international fanbase with a propaganda campaign resulting in a mass exodus, we can win. Printing and handing out pamphlets, setting up various "HG Sucks" websites, using money from accepted donations to build our army will allow us to take the war to the terrorists instead of the other way around. We must bring freedom and democracy to the harmony gold supportors whose minds have been poisoned at an early age to make them all hate us.

Come on people, I'm sure somebody can design a simple "Harmony gold sucks!" t-shirt and sell them here on macrossworld? Maybe even go to universities and recruit as many supportors to hold protests, using the funds raised from the t-shirts in order to raise awareness for macross and create more hate for the international dictatorship of HG who tortures kids and spread lies about thier competition. jk

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Referring to the title of this thread, do you guys realize how insanely huge a 1/48 VF-0 would be! This has been mentioned numerous times in the past, but the VF-0 simpy dwarfs the VF-1. Those of you who have both the Hasegawa VF-1 & VF-0 kits will know what I mean.

1/48 woud be just too big IMO. Basically, a 1/60 VF-0 would already be about the same size as a 1/48 VF-1.

Personally, I'd be more than happy with a 1/72 or 1/60 scale version, just not the craptastic 1/100.

Graham

Referring to the title of this thread, do you guys realize how insanely huge a 1/48 VF-0 would be! This has been mentioned numerous times in the past, but the VF-0 simpy dwarfs the VF-1. Those of you who have both the Hasegawa VF-1 & VF-0 kits will know what I mean.

1/48 woud be just too big IMO. Basically, a 1/60 VF-0 would already be about the same size as a 1/48 VF-1.

Personally, I'd be more than happy with a 1/72 or 1/60 scale version, just not the craptastic 1/100.

Graham

You're perfectly right G ;)

I forgot that my asian hands were nearly too small to transform my 1/48 toys :p so the 1/72 scale would be perfect for me :lol:

I agree with hellohikaru, I owned larger toys than the 1/48 VF-1 when I was only a few feet tall myself. Fortress Maximus comes to mind. Toys much larger than the 1/48 are still sold in stores. Every so often I'll be in Walmart, Target, or Toys 'R Us and see some huge WWII fighter planes. I'm very happy with my Konig monster, and I'd eagerly nab the 1/60 original Monster if Yamato ever decides to release it.

A 1/48 VF-0 is hardly big to those of us used to 1/48 F-14 and F-15 kits or those who build in 1/32. There are even C-130 kits in 1/48 and no is complaining.

Why worry about the size so much ?

One word, 'space'!

Not all of us have a second house or own private warehouse just for storing our toys :lol:

And not all of us live in huge American size mansions either.

Remember, the primary market for the Yamato Macross toys was Japan and houses in Japan (and also here in HK) tend to be much smaller.

Living in a small house makes it that much more difficult to have large toys.

There is also the issue of what I call 'handiness' for want of a better word. There comes a point where a toy is so large that it becomes unweildy to play with. The 1/48 VF-1 is approaching this point IMO. Personally, I find something about the size of a 1/55 is just right for palying with, not too big and not too small.

Graham

Oh jesus..... anything bigger than the Koenig is just rediculous as a toy. And to me, the Koenig is pushing it.... I would most certainly snatch up a 1/72 or 1/60, and I was really looking foreward to the 1/100 bc/ my Koenig has inspired me to get alot of 1/100 stuff for actual 'play' ratehr than display and minor fondling (1/48)....

While I am happy that we are getting the VF-0S, I would rather it be of the 1/60 size, but beggars cant be choosers, or something. I agree that the size is definately an issue, but I could counter that with the Gi Joe Skystriker or Fortress Maximus, I dont think that these toys were American exclusives, but I definately understand what you are saying. So, I guess that I will take my 1/100 Yamato VF-0S and possible VF-0A and like it.

Twich

We can all pretty much assume that the Yammie 1/100 VF-0S is cancelled or at least put on hold for good and a 1/48 VF-0S is almost out of the question :(

What I am really hoping is that the 1/48 GBP-1S armour will make it to the production belt and while Yamato are at it, maybe release another 1/48 valk; let's say a Cannon Fodder would be great ;)

Andy :)

Wouldnt a 1/48 YF-19 be the same? I'm starting to wonder why the VF-1 was so small. :blink:

I seem to recall that Kawamori, in an interview which was mainly about how he designed the VF-0, said that the in-story justification for the size of the VF-1 is that it was expected to be able to infiltrate and fight inside of enemy warships.

In other words, the VF-1 is meant to be "size compatible" with the Zentradi enemy--bigger than a typical Zentradi, to be sure, but able to maneuver in the same environment as a Zentradi soldier.

Now, why Kawamori et. al. didn't just scale up the Zents so as to get a plane that's the size of the F-14, is a mystery. Obviously for aviation enthusiasts, the F-14 was an object of interest at the time, so why not arrange things so that the VF-1 would be as close to a "variable Tomcat" as possible, instead of making it the size of a Hornet?

If they did that, and Takatoku kept their toys the same size, the Taka 1/55 would really be 1/72 scale. (Tomcat is 18.9 m long; Valk is 14.23 m; 18.9/14.23*55 is roughly 73.) Which is interesting, since 1/72 is a much more "normal" scale, especially for airplanes, than 1/55. But 1/100 is also a popular scale--especially in Japan--and if the Valk was bigger, then the smaller variable Valkyrie toy would have to be bigger in order to be 1/100, or somewhat smaller to be 1/144. So maybe, just maybe, the size of the Valkyrie was dictated by Takatoku's desire to produce a big and a small perfect transformation Valk at sizes that it believed were marketable. This is just wild speculation on my part; maybe I'll post over at Toyboxdx and Zinc Panic to see if anyone over there has any insight into why the 1/55 scale was used by Takatoku as the licensee for a number of series.