1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

I don't think the directions say to do that. :huh: Unless of course there's a coat of superglue underneath it first. :lol:

You guys are makin' me jealous. The kit looks great. I could feed my family or buy a monster...Hmmmmm Oh wait, the thought of my wife kick'n my butt just brought me back to reality.

Wasn't meant as a defilement, this thing is freaking huge!

Thought this would be great for ppl that dont have one, or were thinking about it.

It's huge AND heavy, thanks mike!

Such defilement of one of the holiest of macross mecha.

420060[/snapback]

That'd be awesome!

Son: Dad, I want to be a monster for Halloween

Dad: Monster it is then, Mike, I'll need a monster costume for a 8 year old boy

Son: Dad, this isn't a monster, it's a robot!! it's not even scary!

Dad: Scary? Scary? It's f*ing huge, and look at all these guns and barels(sp)!!

Dad: It destroys LOTS of zentradi!

Son: ???

LOL

Someone shoudl steal your idea and put it on a kid's head, I think they could probably wear it like a helmet :)

LOL Mike could manufacture children's Monster costumes!

420146[/snapback]

Edited by flash

That'd be awesome!

Son: Dad, I want to be a monster for Halloween

Dad: Monster it is then, Mike, I'll need a monster costume for a 8 year old boy

Son: Dad, this isn't a monster, it's a robot!! it's not even scary!

Dad: Scary? Scary? It's f*ing huge, and look at all these guns and barels(sp)!!

Dad: It destroys LOTS of zentradi!

Son: ???

LOL

Someone shoudl steal your idea and put it on a kid's head, I think they could probably wear it like a helmet :)

LOL Mike could manufacture children's Monster costumes!

420146[/snapback]

420413[/snapback]

LOL

Mike has just unknowingly ventured into a whole new area, Macross clothing and coture. I`ll have a Zentradi battle suit in red and a captain Gloval in large and my kids want Hikaru flight suits.

Got back from Yuma and picked mine up from the neighbors (great folk, he didn;t even open it).

Damn.

You see the pictures. You read the numbers. And it still stuns you to hold these huge frellin' pieces.

Dang.

Just a note to the 3 people who paid last, i will be shipping your kits today and tomorrow. I wanted to get them out earlier, and they have been done since monday, but i have not had a car for 3 days, and 5 miles to the post office in 100 degree heat with 17lbs packages is just no fun. My car was in the shop for 2 days and then yesterday my wife took every single key we own with her to work, i mean EVERY SINGLE KEY!!! My wife is one of those overachieving 4.0 grade student types, but she can't seem to remember the recipe for boiled water :)

I will be contacting the next 5 today or tomorrow and i will try to finish up the instructions today.

thanks

mike

My wife is one of those overachieving 4.0 grade student types, but she can't seem to remember the recipe for boiled water :)

422128[/snapback]

Dont worry I know someone who knows how to make it but he`s the sort of person who`d burn it too.

Just an update on the list, i am getting to the bottom of it so I went ahead and PM'd everyone left on the list to get payment and shipping info from. Once i get thru the list the kit will still be available to anyone who posted interest, has contacted me previously, or becomes interested in the kit up to either October/November when i will supspend casting for the winter, or up to the point that the "big" molds fail, whichever comes first. If i missed anyone on the list please PM me.

thanks

mike

Edited by mslz22

Quick note to those of you in the current batch, I will start shipping kits today thru monday. I ran out of resin, and my supplier was out (all these monsters wiped out all the resin :) , not really). I ordered on last Friday and just got my shipment last night.

thanks

mike

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, the board is back, everyone who has paid has shipped (by about the time of the board going down), a few kits went out without decals, i am waiting for Devin for the next shipment and then i will forward the decals to anyone who is missing them.

thanks

mike

• 3 weeks later...

Quick note to anyone waiting for kits or decals, my next shipment of decals is expected mid next week, once those are in hand i will ship out the couple of kits and the decals i owe from ones that shipped earlier.

thanks for waiting

mike

Edited by mslz22

From my point of view, this was an awesome deal. That's a LOT of resin for your $$$. I can't express how much I appreciated finding this, and thanks to HWR for steering me in this direction.

I hope it was a resounding success, and that we'll see other projects in the future! B))

Overall mike would you say this kit was a Hit? Did it sell better than you were expecting? Dont need numbers just your idea.

It sold about what i expected, and I'm sure that i will sell a couple here and there, the best part of this is that i own the pattern so i could continue to offer it to people into the future. I really learned alot about pattern making, how to be faster and hopefully more accurate in the future.

I have updated the x wing patterns to the "hero" version and i will be doing a run of those before moving on to the next Macross project, that being said, i have started building the next Macross project....all i will say it that it will be 1/2000 scale at just about 28 inches long :) I will be finishing it after the x wing run............Wish me luck!!

It sold about what i expected, and I'm sure that i will sell a couple here and there, the best part of this is that i own the pattern so i could continue to offer it to people into the future. I really learned alot about pattern making, how to be faster and hopefully more accurate in the future.

I have updated the x wing patterns to the "hero" version and i will be doing a run of those before moving on to the next Macross project, that being said, i have started building the next Macross project....all i will say it that it will be 1/2000 scale at just about 28 inches long :) I will be finishing it after the x wing run............Wish me luck!!

Please be the macross please be the macross

i have started building the next Macross project....all i will say it that it will be 1/2000 scale at just about 28 inches long

28"=71 cms

71 x 2000 = 1.42 kms

1.42 kms = SDF-1?? :o:lol: