1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

all I can say is WOW! :o:o:o:o:o:o:blink::blink::blink::blink::wub::wub::wub:

Even knowing how big this is suppose to be you really can't comprehend it until you have it in your hands. This is a masterpiece of casting. If you want one and are waiting DON"T!!. It is worth every penny. Thanks Mike. I look forward to seeing the instructions.

Off to buy a new sander. The one that I have is to small for this job :D:lol:

HWR, if you've got an ammo can, they're awesome for packing stuff in you don't want broken. That's where I put my 1/100th one. 20mm baby! It fit great. Although I don't know about the size of the 1/72nd chasis all by itself?! I got tired of movers breaking my stuff so I bought severall (years ago). I'm sure you got one or two?

My 1/100 scratchbuilt was heavy just made out of thick styrene so I drilled the joints and used heavy brass rod and tubing. Just an idea. - MT

Edited by MechTech

Mine just arrived today. All I can say is HOLY $%&@!!!! This is an amazing kit. I have been trying to brace myself for the size and high quality of it, based on the pictures in this thread, but nothing quite prepares you for the first time you open the large box and pull out one of the main body pieces. I'm not sure when I'll have time to build it (or the space to properly display it), but when I do, it's going in a place of honor.

GRRRRRRR> Still havnt got mine. Probably wont get it until wednesday now since the base post ffice is shut down till then for the 4th of july weekend. Please post alot of pics guys. Also Someone besides me please finish first.

Well I am glad people are happy with the kit :) I will be contacting the next 5 today to get their zip codes for shipping quotes, packed this thing is 17lbs so i will be providing people with both a FedEx and USPS shipping quote and let them choose. the next couple of days will be slow for me with the 4th picnics and stuff, but once i am back full time on Wed i will be pumping these out as fast as i can. Looks like i can make about 3 kits every 2 or 3 days if i really hustle, so hopfully those at the end of the list will not need to wait too long. Also, keep in mind that not everyone on the list may be able to pay now, or no longer wants one so if you are near the bottom of the list you may move up quicker than you expect :)

thanks

mike

I'm midway down the list, and I've got an uncashed check I've been carrying around for weeks....just waiting for your PM! :D

Hopefully it comes soon before the wife discovers the check :ph34r::o .

17 pounds!!!!! That monster is living up to its name I guess.

Hey mike, if I counted right, I'm somewhere around 13th(or 17th, I forget) on the list.

However, I'm going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks (getting married, then off to vegas). If my spot comes up in that time, go ahead and pass it on to another, and I'll take a spot further down the list when I get back (no sense someone should wait on me).

I still want one though! Looks incredible!..

Thanks

brad

Well I am glad people are happy with the kit :)  I will be contacting the next 5 today to get their zip codes for shipping quotes, packed this thing is 17lbs so i will be providing people with both a FedEx and USPS shipping quote and let them choose. the next couple of days will be slow for me with the 4th picnics and stuff, but once i am back full time on Wed i will be pumping these out as fast as i can.  Looks like i can make about 3 kits every 2 or 3 days if i really hustle, so hopfully those at the end of the list will not need to wait too long. Also, keep in mind that not everyone on the list may be able to pay now, or no longer wants one so if you are near the bottom of the list you may move up quicker than you expect :)

thanks

mike

413241[/snapback]

Edited by flash

Hey Congrats, you should be up just about when you get back so just PM me when you get back....

thanks

mike

Hey mike, if I counted right, I'm somewhere around 13th(or 17th, I forget) on the list.

However, I'm going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks (getting married, then off to vegas). If my spot comes up in that time, go ahead and pass it on to another, and I'll take a spot further down the list when I get back (no sense someone should wait on me).

I still want one though! Looks incredible!..

Thanks

brad

Well I am glad people are happy with the kit :)  I will be contacting the next 5 today to get their zip codes for shipping quotes, packed this thing is 17lbs so i will be providing people with both a FedEx and USPS shipping quote and let them choose. the next couple of days will be slow for me with the 4th picnics and stuff, but once i am back full time on Wed i will be pumping these out as fast as i can.  Looks like i can make about 3 kits every 2 or 3 days if i really hustle, so hopfully those at the end of the list will not need to wait too long. Also, keep in mind that not everyone on the list may be able to pay now, or no longer wants one so if you are near the bottom of the list you may move up quicker than you expect :)

thanks

mike

413241[/snapback]

413425[/snapback]

17 pounds! That's about the weight of my batteries and motors. Each cell is about five pounds each (6volts, 10amps - nearly small motorcycle cells). So have you invested in resin stocks or what!? Whew!

Oh yes! The faster builder in the West has become to build the Monster!

Surely it will finished in a couple of days... :lol:

Actually i was going to watch all the Monster scenes in SDF TV and look through Perfect Memory and see if there are any details i could add to mine. Mikes work is excellent but there were certain details seen on some linearts i might want to incorporate into my build.

BTW mike What was the scale of the 250/251 german halftrack that you got the drive wheels off of for the detailing on the "hip" pieces. I want that vehicle for RC if it isnt the 1/18 one i have already.

I kitbashed those from the 1/9 scale Dragon SD KFZ2 Kettenkrad Motorcycle, it can be a tough kit to get as many of the parts were used on ILM star wars models, but i think there was a 1999 re-release...

mike

Actually i was going to watch all the Monster scenes in SDF TV and look through Perfect Memory and see if there are any details i could add to mine. Mikes work is excellent but there were certain details seen on some linearts i might want to incorporate into my build.

BTW mike What was the scale of the 250/251 german halftrack that you got the drive wheels off of for the detailing on the "hip" pieces. I want that vehicle for RC if it isnt the 1/18 one i have already.

413907[/snapback]

Thanks Mike I should have recognized it.

Keep your eyes peeled guys i start cleanup and magnet prep tonight. For the magnets to work on the 4 cannons ill have to AX the balljoint kind of plug and just make an even recess the magnet can plug into.

Anyone know of a good online source for rare earth magnets? I cant find the thread that it was linked in using the search function.

HA Ha! I knew you couldn't hold out dude! You know that kit is burnin' a hole in collection and calling your name to be built. I bet you lost sleep over it too! It's OK, as addicted modelers "we can stop anytime we want to!" (sounds like an AFN commercial):lol:

Somebody sent me this as a reliable magnet source some time ago:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/

Take lots o' photos! - MT

"Hi. My name is HWR and Im a modelaholic" :p.

You of cause know that as soon as you start putting pictures up this thread is gonna double in size.

OK Mike

Put me down at the bottom of the list for one. I just have to have one. The good thing being at the bottom is buy the time you get to mine i'll have all the money ready.

I'll PM you about the other stuff. Again GREAT job :)

Ok, everyone who has paid in the second batch has shipped with the exception of THOR, and his is in the box ready for monday shipping. I am going to contact the next 5 people in the next day or so, along with those kits i will also be doing the instructions starting on monday, so there will be a slight slowdown in shipping, not a stop, i just can't cast a kit a day while doing the instructions. But once the instructions are done it will be back to full steam ahead :)

thanks

mike

Mike on the 4 cannons on top i noticed the base pieces are different at the bottom. The ring on the base of the part before the ball is thinner on 2 of them than on the other. Do the thinner ones go on the outside and the thicker ones in the middle or the other way around.

Edited by HWR MKII

Mike on the 4 cannons on top i noticed the base pieces are different at the bottom. The ring on the base of the part before the ball is thinner on 2 of them than on the other. Do the thinner ones go on the outside and the thicker ones in the middle or the other way around.

414369[/snapback]

Do you mean the part just forward of the modified, kind of half ball part on the cannon?