1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

Seriously though. How are the final preps going on this kit mike? Be messed up if this and the 1/24 scale SV 51 were ready for me at the same time.

392357[/snapback]

WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!? I must have missed that one.... Is this the foam job from the R/C thread?

I will admit, and this is simply because it's a tall amount of money to come up with (and it's being tight right now), I'm waiting to hear of a review of it before I plunk my cash down.

Had an unexpected set of bills come in and everything's getting tight.

I am also willing to pay it asap. I have reserved the money for it a long time. I have no doubts that I will be happy with it, but I understand your situation Kylwell. Unfortunately I'm not personally capable to do a review due to my lack of experience. But maybe somebody will do that.

I'm good with a dry fit. Don't need a build-up review, just an OOB review.

Had to scale back my plans for world domination also.

Going to just try for Alaska. Lotsa real estate, less people to subjugate.

Hi Guys, sorry i have not even been here in a 2 week or so, i have been casting day and night for stuff that needed to be done for the upcoming Wonderfest, good news is that stuff will all be done by Friday of this week. Once that is done i need to get a kit to Devin for the decals and then i will start taking $ for the first 5 kits. Sorry for all the delays, but a good example of why i don't take $ until i am really ready to go, imagine the anxiety if i had your $ :) Anyway, again sorry, believe me i want to get these out i have a ton of $ out in the mold making, and want to start getting some of that back. I also really want to get these out so i can get going on the next Macross stratchbuild, whatever that may be.....

thanks

mike

I have all the decals already, it's just finding the time to fit the casting and the final couple of molds into my day.....unfortunatly everything seems to take just a bit longer than i expect, and when 5 or 6 projects each take their share of taking a bit too long, it just adds up. Also unexpected things, like yesterday was 70 degrees and today is 50, no heat in the new shop so while i can cast, it takes longer for everything to cure, which means that parts are in the pressure pots longer, less gets done....stuff like that always slows me up...

What I'm interested in seeing more than anything else is who gets painted pics up first.

396528[/snapback]

Hi,

Sign me up for a kit when they are all done. Great job i would love to have one kit. Keep up the great work and sign me up for this kit.

SD B))

Update, i am starting to cast up some parts for the first kits, it is a bit slow going because the weather is not cooperating, it's 55 when it should be 70, and it's going to be like that for a handful of days (sometimes i really get annoyed with new england). I will let everyone know when i have enough for a few kits, take pics of the full kit and start taking $$$$$$$$$.

thanks

mike

There is only one thing to say.....

Woo!

Hoooo!!!!!!

Edited by jardann

Update, i am starting to cast up some parts for the first kits, it is a bit slow going because the weather is not cooperating, it's 55 when it should be 70, and it's going to be like that for a handful of days (sometimes i really get annoyed with new england). I will let everyone know when i have enough for a few kits, take pics of the full kit and start taking $$$$$$$$$.

thanks

mike

398319[/snapback]

I know how that is, the local weather is not helping me with my pot times for my RTV at the moment.

I'm making a new thread for mslz22 (Mike) just to draw more attention. After some discussion in this thread, Mike has considered to scratchbuilt a 1/72 Monster that has more accurate dimensions, more detail, and on top of it all CHEAPER than the Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Monster that already exists.
My goal would be to get it around $275.00 + shipping, for that i think i would need 25 people, again no prepay, just a nod that 25 people would want a kit. for that price i would need to get it down to about 6lbs of resin, which may be possible.

So as Mike said, this is what we need...

At least 25 people to be interested for him to start on this kit.

Price: $240 (Kit) + $10 (Decals) + Shipping

But be warned that ~6lbs of resin isnt exactly super cheap to be shipped.

Even tho we had an interested count in the other thread, I'm going to start an actual list on this one.

So those who were interested please post again in this thread so I can add you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Kits : 42

Current List:

AlphaHX

Myersjessee

jorawar_b (2)

Grayson72

Robert S

HWR MKII

THOR

Berttt

azrhino

007-vf1

Viceland

ChristopherB

Ranger565

onezero

xstoys

hirohawa

flash

Asthexiancal

Gabe Q

Jasonc

goldenboy_forever

RT junkie

shdwfx2000

jipe

Kylwell

UNSpacy

jadefalconguard

Dwindling Gravitas

nightmareB4macross

Sdf-1

Ghadrack

jardann

neptunesurvey

JoLe727

Less than Super Ostrich

Neova

Mr Jones

cool8or

bryan_f_davis@yahoo.com

Valk009

specr0101

266957[/snapback]

I want 1 please =)

I previewed most of the parts to Jesse on Friday, i had to drop some stuff off to him so i brought some parts along with me, he said he will chime in soon and let you guys know what he thought. I got a couple of extra orders for WF stuff, that has all shipped, the weather was horrible last week so not much got done, it was in the 50's most days, really unbelievable for MAY!!!!! I have one ongoing project that i am casting for, but other than that most of my time this week will be spent on the monster, i am waiting for the translucent resin to come in for the clear parts, and i need to make a few more molds for production reasons, and a mold of the hindge....more to come....

mike