Justice League Unlimited

i just saw the final episode as well, it ended real good, but much like teen tians it is a shame to see it go. right now i am downloading a few episodes i did not get a chance to see including the one before the last.

chris

Actually I was disappointed. It was too rushed! These last two eps should have had a longer story development. It became trite because it really felt deus ex machina to me. This no where near the finesse the Cadmus story arc of last season had all the way up to the conclusion. I don't understand why there is no new season. This has got to be THE best animated show on TV right now.

vinnie

BTW, it was soooo good to finally see Superman unleashed! I'm so tired of this "Boy Scout" routine.

vinnie

372533[/snapback]

Yeah well he thanks Darkseid for that while he hits him balls out lol.

That was better than the Supes vs Big Cheese from last season.

Surprising that they are ending this show with all the JLU product that Mattel is turning out now. All those 3-packs of obscure characters. May be another Gundamesque situation where the show ends before the toyline gets going and it kills the toyline too.

I don't see why having JLU would preclude having thge characters in other toylines. There are manybatman lines going at any given time, for example.

Also, I'm pretty sure that WB owns cartoon network, so it is in essence their own programming.

Finally, I thought the last episode I saw of Grodd trying to turn all humans into gorillas was pretty bad.

I don't see why having JLU would preclude having thge characters in other toylines. There are manybatman lines going at any given time, for example.

To us it doesn't seem like a problem because we know the difference between Tim-verse Batman and "THE" Batman. Apparently someone at WB or DC doesn't think the kiddies do, so they'd rather just have one version of an animated Batman out there. So, if there's two completely different Jokers, there's a good chance one of them (hopefully the lame one who jumps around and knows kung-fu) will languish and collect dust .At least,that's the way I understand it from other message boards.

Finally, I thought the last episode I saw of Grodd trying to turn all humans into gorillas was pretty bad.

That was a pretty bad episode, but it sets us up for Luthor running the show. I think the whole ep was a nod to the superfriends and probably should have been done with a more comedic tone than a serious one.

372796[/snapback]

No way! That episode was awesome.

The monks were awesome.

Luthor finally pulling rank was awesome.

Deadman was awesome.

Seeing Batmans disgust at gunplay was awesome.

The Battle with Wonder Woman,Supes and Bats against the Legion. Awesome.

The hilarity of seeing them turn to apes. Priceless.

anyone watch the last episode yet? pretty f@ing sweet!!!

I just finished watching it and it was great. I do think that it was a bit rushed though. That could have easily been a 3 part story arc,but it seemed like they just jammed it all in there. What happened to that High Father battle? Did the New Gods just lay down for Darksied? I would have though Orion would have been in touch with the JL on that one, not random tech guy #3.

Best Parts from the last 2 eps:

Superman unleashed

John Stewart actually using his imagination

Legion of Doom throw down/battle royale

JL roll call running down the stairs

Since it was the end of the Timm version of the DCAU you would think they would have showed Gotham under seige as well, just to give us a shot of Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl throwing down.

It's too bad good shows like these have to end.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the final two seasons of Justce League, and man were the fights and battles pretty brutal. The final episode "Destroyer" ended well, a nice capping off to the series. The one episode that stands out in my mind is the "Ancient History", which showed a pretty nice love triangle, murder AND suicide by the main characters. Sad to see the show go, but it was always jumping around Toonami and I only got to watch it via DVDs.

You can thank CN for killing this show. They jumped the schedule so much it could never get really good ratings and when it was on it actually did get good ratings.

I still remember Season 1 when it was on 7 nights a week. Sure there was lots of repeats but it beats watching the crap they have on there now.

You can thank CN for killing this show. They jumped the schedule so much it could never get really good ratings and when it was on it actually did get good ratings.

I still remember Season 1 when it was on 7 nights a week. Sure there was lots of repeats but it beats watching the crap they have on there now.

378253[/snapback]

Damn CN! :angry: They better make up for the cancellation of JLU with some JL movies or specials. There'll be a Teen Titans movie and I expect an JL movie. :ph34r:

I agree, I was thinking on the drive to work that I hope they make a JLU direct to video movie. Maybe bring ing Power Girl aka Supergirl clone or something back along with the Legion or Ultimen, those were great shows. Or maybe make what all fans have been waiting for....a JLU-style Kingdom Come film. Just like hoe Marvel made the craptastic Ultimate Avengers DVD, DC should step it up and make a KC direct to video movie....but make it good.

That was a fun little fanboy ep. :p

Anyone else catch the itty-bitty cameo the creators threw in there?

Here's a hint: when Canary and Huntress were driving to the arena, they entered the city of Bludhaven.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm all for more DCAU stories. It's too bad Cartoon Network, in all their infinite wisdom, decided to up and cancel the show.

I just watched most of the second season DVD's of Justice League this past weekend, and there were definitely a number of gems in there.

Here's hoping we haven't seen the last of the DCAU. The characters are just too damn good, and there's still a ton of potential stories for them to tell.

I definitely agree with Mog.  They created such a great universe, it would be a shame to put it to bed after all that history.  I'd s really like to see the Timm-verse version of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

419220[/snapback]

That would be very cool. I love that Timm is able to cut to the core of the DCU and tell great stories without all baggage... CIE and the new retelling were bloated in IMO and I would love to sea a parred down and streamlined version.

I'll second that one. I just recently finished watching Season 2. I think the best part about JL and JLU are the fights. Like when Supes and the Justice Lords threw down with Doomsday. Or later in JLU when Superman and Captain Marvel fought.

On a side note, I'm eagerly awaiting the Absolute Edition of Kingdom Come which is supposed to drop in August.