What scale Destroids?

EXO

What would complete your collection more?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What would complete your collection more?

• 1:48 scale
    • 1:60 scale

1'd say 1/60 myself, there's more variety of valks in 1/60, the Q-Raus are in 1/60, so make my destroids in 1/60.

:)

besides, i've got no room for a fleet of 1/48s.

exactly what he said. :)

1/48 destroids would be cool but there isn't much else(anything macross) thats 1/48 scale.

1/60 would be fine. I would have liked 1/48 destroids but yeah, the company that designs it might jack up the price too much because of that reason.

I'm hoping for something around the 70 - 90 USD mark.

A destroid isn't that complicated, it's only a matter of adding enough weight and detail and articulation.

So what you guys are saying is you're basing your decision on price not scale.

Say company X offered 1:60 Destroids $20 and 1:48 Destroids for $30.

Just to get the pricing off your head... so far Chowser's answer is the only one that makes sense to me.

Again... what scale would complete the look of your display...

1/60's first... then DX 1/48 Perfect Detail versions for those who live in houses with spare rooms :)

Or maybe, just MAYBE, Yamato will spring the ultimate surprise... All destroids in 1/100 scale to stay in line with the Konig Monster. Then a new release of REALLY improved 1/100 perfect transformation VF-1's. :o

I voted 1/60 for essentially the reasons Chowser gives. 1/60's take up less room and they're in scale with more of the existing Macross toys.

Of course, the price can't help but be a factor in any real-world decision. I guess if they made both and kept the 1/48 prices down, I'd be tempted to grab a 1/48 Tomahawk as well as all four of the smaller destroids in 1/60.

(As for Zentradi mecha, I don't think I could house them at 1/48 scale.)

1/60. Remember that the Valks are smaller than Destroids, so a 1/48 Destroid will honestly take up too much space.

We are already choking at the thought of a 1/60 Monster; can you imagine a 1/48 Monster... and the garage space you need to devote to that? (can't even use it as a coffee table..)

In addition, as Chowser says, it's more in line with existing toys (at 1/60 and 1/55) that you can have meaningful displays.

But I do like the idea of a Deluxe version, as Dri suggests. Something more expensive but still affordable, with the level of detail (and lethality! :) ) that fans want from specific models.

1/60. Remember that the Valks are smaller than Destroids, so a 1/48 Destroid will honestly take up too much space.

Destroids are smaller than valks. The valks maybe skinnier but not when they have FPs on, they sould be as bulky.

Destroids are smaller than valks. The valks maybe skinnier but not when they have FPs on, they sould be as bulky.

Opps my mistake -- forgot how the comparison chart goes.

Still, a 1/48 Destroid would likely function more as a cool display piece rather than a toy..

Or maybe, just MAYBE, Yamato will spring the ultimate surprise... All destroids in 1/100 scale to stay in line with the Konig Monster. Then a new release of REALLY improved 1/100 perfect transformation VF-1's. :o

I'll sell my 1/48s for that dreamland of 'everything is to scale'.

EDIT: Seriously, they should save the Banpresto moulds, just scale them up a bit to be 1/100 accurate, use better material, do some minor mould changes to make the FP version look better in plane, and I think they'll have a winner.

Edited by Evanta

Aren't the bigger Matchbox Destroids close to 1/60 scale? Except for the Phalanx sissy little missiles, those are pretty ok.

here's a pic of two of the matchbox destroids next to some 1/60s.

sorry for the fuzzy pic, kinda hard trying to stand on crutches and take a picture.

:)

also, that darvocet they gave me is making it hard to stand/sit/whatever :)

but, I gotta have my MacrossWorld fix...

post-4-1108360625_thumb.jpg

1/48 because if I had to choose one and if one company made only one version, it should be the best possible, in terms of details, accuracy and being Perfect Variable.

After seeing those PG Gundam kits and all the covernsion kits, I can't help but to buy into the bigger is better mantra:

EG: HG, MG, and PG Grade of any Gundam (custom or not), the PG just blows everthing out of the water.

OK, I lied. I would give up all of my 1/48s for a FULL 1/35 scale Macross lineup (valkyries included). :D And this time around, I want HASEGAWA to sculpt everything Macross! :p

Edited by Neova

Aren't the bigger Matchbox Destroids close to 1/60 scale? Except for the Phalanx sissy little missiles, those are pretty ok.

Those were supposedly based off of the 1/72 kits... and they took the easy way out with Tomahawk's dimple belly. Whatever scale they decide on I hope the Spartan gets a better deal - it needs opening missile pods and articulated/different pose hands. And a gunpod, please?

I'm not a huge fan of Destroids. I think the only ones I really would like to buy are the Tomahawk and Cheyenne.

Having seen and handled the prototype 1/60 Monster sculpt a couple of years ago (gosh has it been that long), I can confirm the thing is pretty damn huge. Got some sweet photos of it with a 1/60 Hikaru VF-1A Battroid standing with it as well. Hmm.....would Yamato go apeshit if I posted them?

Anyway, if I had to chose between 1/60 or 1/48 scale for Destroids, I think I'd opt for 1/60 scale purely for reasons of space saving.

Given free choice though, I'd probaby prefer 1/100 scale. They would still be a decent size and detailed enough. And being non-transformable would be durable enough at that size.

Graham

that darvocet they gave me is making it hard to stand/sit/whatever :)

Is that like a marmoset? Just put the little guy back in his cage! :) (Seriously, hope you're feeling better.)

The Matchbox destroids are indeed "somewhere around 1/60" based on measurements and calculations kanata67 and I did a while back. It's a bit hard to know exactly because the official stats aren't always specific as to what point is being measured to for height.

Those were supposedly based off of the 1/72 kits... and they took the easy way out with Tomahawk's dimple belly. Whatever scale they decide on I hope the Spartan gets a better deal - it needs opening missile pods and articulated/different pose hands. And a gunpod, please?

I guess a gunpod would be nice, but I'd really like to see one of those crowd control batons that it uses sometimes.

I'm not a huge fan of Destroids. I think the only ones I really would like to buy are the Tomahawk and Cheyenne.

If it was the Cheyenne I'd definitely drool over a 1/48 scale. It has a lot more detail and I'd have to consider it roller blade stance a whole different mode.

Got some sweet photos of it with a 1/60 Hikaru VF-1A Battroid standing with it as well. Hmm.....would Yamato go apeshit if I posted them?

I don't think they would... ;)

seeing a 1/60 with some significant diecast content would make me fall to the ground in a quivering mess. Add to that some great posability to get some cool action stances. If yamato make us destroids I imagine they would be 100% plastic given what they've done (very well) with recent non transforming toys like the rau, scopedog and the Zeoraimer (I am guessing that one is all plastic)

I only say yamato because they are the only ones making serious macross toys at the moment (not counting cheapie plastic stuff and toy catcher trinkets)