Is anyone going to catch UNDERWORLD?

UN Spacy

Hell no. I've seen enough vampire/werewolf movies to know that 90% end up being gothic cheese. Only vampire movie I ever liked was Bram Stoker's Dracula. Next movie I'm going to see will be "the Rundown." That movie looks funny.

And if all you want is a hot girl in leather, rent "Cradle 2 The Grave." Not only do you get to see Jet Li acting like a bad ass, but you got Kelly Hu (who is way hotter than your Kate Beckinsale).

Saw it...

Its gothic cheese. All those poser goth teens who pretend to be "different" by being the same as the next gothic dork will love it. It has some painfully bad acting in it, and some of the scenes are really stupid... The music wasnt anything special... The costumes were awesome! None of the characters really stuck out.

And, /Spoiler, Spoiler, Spoiler/: (If you want to call it that.)

Am I the only one who found it hilarious that the Hulk was in it? Green, muscly, big, I tell ya, it WAS the hulk!!! I mean... COME ON... Sure, it was a darker shade of green, but still... Totally laughably bad.

I saw this movie cause my friends took me to see it ^_^ Definitely worth seeing if you can see it for free, LoL ^_^

-BEN-MAN-

i just got back from seeing the movie,

GOOD GOD!!!! THAT is how vinyl is supposed to be done!!!!

make no mistake, she ain't wearing much leather, its vinyl.

and with that out of my system, i thought it was a good movie. its not great, its just another well done action flick. maybe i'm liking it for the fantasy and science fiction elements that are rarely done well, but i thought it was decent. of course if you don't like vampire or werewolf stuff, the movie won't appeal to you. i thought it was nicely deficient on dialog (too much talking is bad), but what dialog there was was mostly good, mostly. the gunfights were decent, reminiscent of the matrix and the killers, but not so over the top.

as for the movie's originality, well, i'm not familiar enough with the whitewolf gaming system to know. but i highly suspect that it borrowed from that fanfic. it was obvious that it was shot with a low budget, and in a short span of time. there were only a handful of sets, lots of similar visuals, much like recyled animation for certain anime we all bear a fondness for. the slick cinemetography and direction as well as what had to have been an extremely well written screenplay saved the movie though. the whole thing felt too rushed for the depth of the backstory and setting. so unless the screenwriter and the first time director had been working together and babysitting this script for years, i'm thinking its borrowed. i'd say that they managed to put plenty of distance between the original fanfic and movie, except for the basic nature of the subject matter. there's a lot of borrowing going on in the movie, but then there's a lot of borrowing going on period when you start writing about werewolves and vampires. they're fricking folklore afterall. credit should be given where credit is due, but i don't think whitewolf's case is strong enough.

unless you plan to take it seriously, i think most people will enjoy it. i just wish they'd had a few more shots of katy's vinyl clad :censored:

It has some painfully bad acting in it....

SPOILERS!

Curse that OLD man and his acting abilities. Actually, his scenes probably got the most laughs out of the entire movie. I also think we've seen silver nitrate ammunition before (Freaky Friday and Blade), and once again Kate Beckinsale saves the day. Cute tush, yummy accent, great shot. Although, I ended up paying $9.25 for the movie ticket (damn Bay Area prices) knowing full well that it's a MATINEE kinda movie.

Did anyone else catch the Resident Evil 2 trailer? That was the BEST one of the night. B) :D

I'm a fan of almost any vampire, or werewolf movie.

I am definitely seeing this one once it hits Philippine shores. Man I hope they don't cut out the RE2 Trailer. Those idiots at the Movie And TV Classification Board folks here in PI suck eggs! They always cut off the new trailers and insert crappy local movie trailers. :angry:

OT, hey, isn't "The Rundown" that movie from Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock?

Edited by Omni Existence

This movie sucked ass. The acting was indeed very bad, especially from the guy who played Kraven. The Resident Evil 2 trailer was better than the movie.

Some observations/questions with ******POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD*****

- Why did the vampires cast reflections and apparently they can be drowned to death!?

- Also the vampires were pussies! Without their guns they were defenseless and running like bitches, except for the old guy Viktor. The rest seemed to have no more powers than you or me. Couldn't see in the dark, weren't especially fast/strong and were always scared. Other than stepping off high towers and occasional acrobatics, not much was happening there.

- Speaking of whom, why sleep for centuries? He's frigging immortal. Makes no sense.

- Doesn't silver kill vampires also? They handled it with no reaction.

- What was Lucian to gain by creating a werewolf / vampire hybrid? How was that a revenge for Sonia?

Edited by glane21

- Why did the vampires cast reflections and apparently they can be drowned to death!?

-Based on some vampire folklore books I've read, and some books from White Wolf, Vampires can still cast reflections in the mirror, although it will be very faint. Dunno what it looked like in the movie, but their reflections should be almost transparent. Like what they showed in Lost Boys, when the character "Michael" started showing symptoms of being a bloodsucker.

- Also the vampires were pussies! Without their guns they were defenseless and running like bitches,    except for the old guy Viktor.  The rest seemed to have no more powers than you or me.  Couldn't see in the dark, weren't especially fast/strong and were always scared.  Other than stepping off high towers and occasional acrobatics, not much was happening there.

WTF??? That's not s'posed t happen? Maybe the writers forgot that the other half of the cast/characters are supposed to be vampires? :rolleyes:

- Speaking of whom, why sleep for centuries? He's frigging immortal.  Makes no sense.

Vampires can sleep a very long time. They usually (again based on Vampire Folklore books I've read) to pass time, or to heal any wounds that was inflicted on them. Contrary to what movies portray, vampires can heal wounds, but how fast, depending on the severity of the wound.

- Doesn't silver kill vampires also?  They handled it with no reaction.

IIRC, silver is supposed to kill or severly hurt vampires, not sure if silver bullets can kill them a'la in the Blade movies.

- What was Lucian to gain by creating a werewolf / vampire hybrid? 

Lupines are very HORNY creatures. Maybe they wanted something new to pork? :rolleyes:

Anywhoo, just to let you guys know, I'm not an authority on vampire and werewolf info, I just say what I read from books.

Did anyone else catch the Resident Evil 2 trailer? That was the BEST one of the night. B) :D

Saw UW earlier today and the RE2 trailer. All I can say it was brilliant and well done. I thought it was a douche commercial at first :lol: . I also caught a new Kill Bill trailer that rocked, can't wait till the first chapter.

~G25

BTW: Underworld was great Kate Beckinsale is the best bastardization of Trnity I've seen! But some actors had constipated acting issues : :lol: .

-Based on some vampire folklore books I've read, and some books from White Wolf, Vampires can still cast reflections in the mirror, although it will be very faint. Dunno what it looked like in the movie, but their reflections should be almost transparent. Like what they showed in Lost Boys, when the character "Michael" started showing symptoms of being a bloodsucker.

Nope. Solid normal reflection like a normal person. They even made it a point to show the reflection in one scene.

Whatever city they are in must suck. It must never turn day and with the contant rain/thunderstorms, there is going to a flooding problem.

The half Vampire half Wearwolf was lame.

Looked like a satanic Hulk.

But yah, the blonde girls sexy dress, and lady Amelias dress were GREAT. More girls should wear dresses like that.

-BEN-MAN-

SAw it...

Crapula vs. Queerwolves...

I thought I would change my mind about Kate Beckinsdale after this movie, but she just doesn't do it for me.

Nice costumes on the chicks... but that's all...

I agree with Ben-MAn, took him 10 minutes to turn into that?!? It looks like he swam in a public restroom and came out blue.

Nope. Solid normal reflection like a normal person. They even made it a point to show the reflection in one scene.

Whatever city they are in must suck. It must never turn day and with the contant rain/thunderstorms, there is going to a flooding problem.

Eh :huh:

That was dumb?!?

I'm beginning to see why White Wolf was pissed. Whoever wrote this movie should be hanged....me being a Vamp fan and all :D

Saw it last night...eh not bad. I liked it, bad acting and all. That Kraven was the worst. Some decent gun battles and fight scenes.

If they wanted real goth chicks they should have cast the ones who wear all black and are 300 lbs that work at Hot Topic. :lol:

The problem with this movie is that you'd quickly forget that the characters are supposed to be Vampires and Werewolves.

The half Vampire/Wolf at the end was lame. Really lame. I thought I'd be seeing some CG creature or something but no it was just a guy with 2000 flushes all over his skin.

The RE2 teaser trailer was no big deal really. It was the best trailer but when you have to compete with Eddie Murphy in "The Haunted Mansion" or another dumb Meg Ryan movie what can ya do? :lol: "Kill Bill" looks kind of interesting.

The problem with this movie is that you'd quickly forget that the characters are supposed to be Vampires and Werewolves.

Reading the posts of the guys who saw this movie, so far, what you said is the most common denominator.

They writers forgot that they are selling Vampire and Lupine characters in this movie. Maybe too much leather on Kate Beckinsdale? :rolleyes: