NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

does anyone know what the packageing looks like for the import Mospeada version? usually the import packaging always look better on toys than the Us versions, and i am thinking about getting one to save that is why i am kinda interested in the import version.

thanks

Chris

does anyone know what the packageing looks like for the import Mospeada version? usually the import packaging always look better on toys than the Us versions, and i am thinking about getting one to save that is why  i am kinda interested in the import  version.

thanks

Chris

Well, I've no idea yet about the packing for the Asian 'Mospeada Legioss' MPC version.

However, the Toynami 'Mospeda Legioss' Superposeable packing was nearly identical to the US Robotech version, except it featured the names 'Mospeada' & 'Legioss' on the box instead of 'Alpha Fighter' and there was no mention of the name Robotech :D

Graham

I do not know the answer to your question for sure.  However, I can find out.  Anyways, if I were you, I would wait untill Mospeada version is released in the far East.  I do not think US version will sell out in a month or even in two months.  It will be around for few months, at least.

With you new born, I would try to save money on most means, until it is relaesed in HK or Japan. (I am assuming that you're finaicial status is like most other members on MW, if you're well off,  that is diffrent story.) :lol:  :lol:

While I do need to save more money because of the baby, I'm also a very impatient type, who hates waiting for new toys, especially cool ones like the Alpha. :lol:

Graham

I guess, the joy you get when you purcahse new collections is there.

As far as I know, the pacakging will be same. Toynami is using Mospeada name instead of Robotech. Partly due to Robotech not being familar in that part of the world. Based on my experience, I doubt that Toynami will spend extra money to make too much changes to its bookcasing, etc.

Also, I seen the promo photo or two I received from TOynami or a japanese wholeseller. I do not recall, it was about four or five months ago.

If I can recall and find the photo I recevied on Mospeda pacakging, I will post it. However, I usually delete my Emails few days afterwards, unless it is related to my purcahse on Ebay or like.

Given that delivery times from the factory in Southern China to HK can probably be measured in hours, compared to a couple of weeks be sea from China to the USA, perhaps we'll get them first here in HK.......well, I can hope :D

Graham

It's different from the Imai, but the knee does seem to be hinged in some way. Not quite sure how that might help. I might be interpreting this/remembering the Imai wrong.... I don't know. :huh:

Hinged at the bottom like the Gakken toy perhaps?

I'm truly wondering how much a variation there will be, because the staggered release of the first 3000 and the remainder seems to scream "teaser, then jack up demand further".

Cyc

I'm truly wondering how much a variation there will be, because the staggered release of the first 3000 and the remainder seems to scream "teaser, then jack up demand further".

Hopefully that's all it is. The cynic in me says that there is some design/QC problem with the first 3000 units that required some re-engineering, thus the staggered release, in which case it would probably be best to get the later ones; or it could just be that the first 3000 are RT.com exclusives with some additional gimmick in the packaging. We shall see...

VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

I heard it has to do with the color scheme...George said it was a very subtle change but the die-hard fans will figure it out...

-K

I heard this from 2 people already... guess it doesn't matter much to me...

What's that "First 3000" everybody is talking about?

I'm beginning to get wary about this because I preordered my Alpha from Kevin soooo long ago and I'm sure I'll end up with one of those. Also I was lucky enough to get the second 1/48 Roy by chance and learn about the QC problems afterwards. I don't want the "loose cockpit" version. So if anybody can please update me on this :(

As for the guys at Robotech.com, I read a long time ago that, for preording at the site, they're getting an "exclusive, limited edition, extra rare, signed and numbered, with certificate of authenticity" illustration cell featuring the New Gen. characters in that goofy new style. But I don't thing this comes inside the bookbox. <_<

Nevermind. I just visited the site and found this out:

SPECIAL ROBOTECH.COM EDITION:

3000 special units of this volume will only be

available on Robotech.com with a limited cel of

Scott Bernard... at no additional charge! When

youy collect the cels of all 4 pilots and the

background, you'll be able to enjoy the complete

"New generation Pilots" illustration!

Personally, I preffer Kevin's shipping discount any day, but that's just me B))

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Lonely Soldier Boy - I'm not convinced that what you posted is the answer just yet... They did the same thing with the VF-1s... The 3000 for RT.com came with an animation cell... The difference is that the other 12,000 of each VF-1 variant were not delayed for months after the first 3000... So I'm thinking that the variation may be something else...

What I'm really concerned about is that the variation will be some re-tooling to give the Alpha capability to link to an eventual Beta... If this is the case (it's only my speculation of course) then I'm going to cancel my preorder and wait for the later version that has the upgrade....Again, this is only my speculation, and I could be reading too much into this, but it has me thinking.

What I'm really concerned about is that the variation will be some re-tooling to give the Alpha capability to link to an eventual Beta... If this is the case (it's only my speculation of course) then I'm going to cancel my preorder and wait for the later version that has the upgrade....Again, this is only my speculation, and I could be reading too much into this, but it has me thinking.

Oh, crap! Now that you mention it, I wonderd several times where are the linkups for the eventual Beta since the toy seems not to have any. If that's the case, I'll have to cancel my preorder as well, if we find out on time, that is. <_<

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

That would be extremely screwed up of them to do that to those that pre-ordered. "Here's the beta, but you need a new Alpha to use it with. Ha ha."

I doubt they would piss people off that bad. That, and would require effort on their part to do the resculpt.

That would be extremely screwed up of them to do that to those that pre-ordered. "Here's the beta, but you need a new Alpha to use it with. Ha ha."

I doubt they would piss people off that bad. That, and would require effort on their part to do the resculpt.

I agree with you on that. Since it's obvious that Toynami is trying to rebuild thier name since thier VF-1 fiasco, it seems very highly unlikely that they would do that. It would only hurt them in the end.

So that being said, I'm sticky to the fact that the diferences, if any, would only be cosmetic, thus I'm standing by my theory that it might be the middle missle rack, and the gun attaching in the middle.

Uh, yeah. That "fiasco" got them enough money to make Alpha fighters for ya. :D

Now take this with a grain of salt. You can never trust rumours... but I have heard from a rather overweight and somewhat unclean source that the "Rook Bartley" version has already hit the production line.... with GLOSSY METALLIC PAINT!

Do the Hustle!

robotechmasteralphafighter__scaled_500.jpg

That's more of a Yamato thing to do. <_<

I am such a loser :(

I already have more than enough RT Alpha Superposables, so of course I go buy the Mospeada versions here. The 50% sale on all toys at EB didn't sway me, honest. And apart from having the Epoch tag over the Toynami insignia, there is a slight variation, the hands are half a shade darker than their RT counterparts. Their more grey instead of blue-gray.

Back on topic, I want to believe the variation is minor such as stickers and what not, but the (IMO) large delay between versions seems to show it's not minor. Hopefully it's just an extra gunpod and a missile pod...

Cyc

Do the Hustle!

:blink::ph34r::o BWAHAAHAHAAHHAH!! :lol:

Thats funny as hell! :D:lol:

Uh, yeah. That "fiasco" got them enough money to make Alpha fighters for ya. :D

Now take this with a grain of salt. You can never trust rumours... but I have heard from a rather overweight and somewhat unclean source that the "Rook Bartley" version has already hit the production line.... with GLOSSY METALLIC PAINT!

Do the Hustle!

HAHA, is there are larger version of this?

Lonely Soldier Boy - I'm not convinced that what you posted is the answer just yet... They did the same thing with the VF-1s... The 3000 for RT.com came with an animation cell... The difference is that the other 12,000 of each VF-1 variant were not delayed for months after the first 3000... So I'm thinking that the variation may be something else...

I'm not too worried about my first Alpha having the Beta link. I'd prefer it did but if not, I'll just get another one later for the Beta hook-up as I do want to display the Alpha in good old battloid mode ;)

Looks very nice, especially in the box. Don't think I'm gonna be able to resist.

Hope a Tread is coming as well!

I agree, but to make sure the Beta can be linked up later, they should've made a prototype of the Beta already (and show it to the public to ensure the demand), I would. But I sincerely doubt they even have a computer design of it, wich IMHO is not very professional of them.

Back on topic, I want to believe the variation is minor such as stickers and what not, but the (IMO) large delay between versions seems to show it's not minor. Hopefully it's just an extra gunpod and a missile pod...

Hopefully. I don't like the extra missile pod nor the gunpod inthe middle anyways.

Do the Husle!

Kevin posted the comparison shots for the Alphas so you can see how big they are.

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/MWCon2004/mwcon2004.html

We pretty much know that the variation will be paint and not structural... it's going to be for the hardcore fans and for the people that can wait.

Die cast parts are the grey part on the legs and the upper leg section.

Gunpods are able to mount on both sides.

The color is beautiful in person.

I'm officially over my doubts and will be getting one. After that presentation, I don't know how you can resist, if you were indecided.

The same question was raised over and over... will there be a Beta?...

We all know the answer.... <_<

:lol:

Cool, thanks for the pics, Kevin (and >EXO< for posting the link)! Any doubts I may have had are now washed away. Hopefully there will be several squadrons of these departing China today and all of us here will have one by the end of the month (wishful thinking, I know).

Edited by eriku

Maybe I'm dense or maybe I just couldn't find the post in this 50 page thread, but is it thought that it will be better to have one of the first 3000 or later 12000? I would assume the first, for the hardcore MSRP payers, not to mention "hey, don't buy the first 3000, the later ones will be better" isn't exactly the way to move product. Maybe a hand painting to machine painting move, so the first 3000 should have high QC? Or is it actually a change in what is being painted? If just a tone change, I probably wouldn't even notice a problem unless I saw the two together (and even then, I couldn't say which was more right).

Any thoughts as to whether they will do the same with the first 3000 of the other models? Or was this a one time kind of change, for example to be more correct or more economical?

Questions. Not sure they can be answered. Coming to mind as the thought of also getting a red and green seems more likely now.

Well, I'm in the q with Kevin, so guess I'll get what I get, and from the looks of the pics, it's going to be nice. Much nicer for the $ than my MPC VF-1S.

Thanks,

Scott

I wonder if the variant will be the metallic paint version they were shopping around earlier...

.... and I wonder what the next MPC will be...? you think they'll give us the beta right away, or send out a cyclone? or one of those tanks from southern cross?

I wonder if the variant will be the metallic paint version they were shopping around earlier...

.... and I wonder what the next MPC will be...? you think they'll give us the beta right away, or send out a cyclone? or one of those tanks from southern cross?

Southern Cross is unlikely. First of all, there is no model kit Toynami can use as starting point. There is a Matchbox toy. However, that is not a fully transformable, nor accurate toy to vase it on SC.

I think other legioss line and cyclone is better bet. Then on to Beta, after that, promotion of what they plan to release, "Shadow Worrior or somthing". Pretty much original Robotech saga related toys will end with Mospeada line. I hope that Toynami can prove this to be untrue.