MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

Any chance someone could post a pic of the 1/35 Gakken next to a 1/48 Yamato?

Just curious to see a size comparison.  I hope to someday own a MIB 1/35 Gakken as well ... someday.

:(

409377[/snapback]

I have a nice blue 1/35 gakken with gun if you want it. I might post it in the for sale thread, but I thought I would just let you know.

Ill try and get a pic with a 1/48 for size comparison.

I have a nice blue 1/35 gakken with gun if you want it. I might post it in the for sale thread, but I thought I would just let you know.

Is it complete and MIB? I might be interested ... but right now I am saving for a 1/48 GBP armour. I NEED the armour.

:)

so is that really 1/55 scale?

I remember Jung had some shots of the MPC beside the 1/48 IMAI Legioss and both were the same size. Someone then went on to say that IMAI had the scale wrong and that Toynami had it right. Yeah I know, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. :blink:

Thanks.

The Legioss is supposed to be 10.25m long in fighter mode, so if the toy is 23.5cm long, that would make it about 1/43.5 scale(?).

Graham

409979[/snapback]

Well, I don't have any of my Alphas with me, but since it looks pretty obvious that they went for battloid accuracy over fighter accuracy, I would compare the battloids supposed height to the toynami's height to get an approximate scale.

Well, I usually don't pose mine standing straight up (just look at the pic on page 42 of this thread), but I'm guessing/estimating about 17cm tall.

Edited by Mog

The Alpha is supposed to stand 8.75 meters tall according to RT.com.

So, that'd be 875 centimeters tall.

The MPC stands approximately 16.5 centimeters tall

As I have said elsewhere, the proper scale in battloid is *about* 1/53. Neither Imai nor Toynami are right but since the scale is right between the two it works out fine.

EDIT - the alpha requires anime magic to make the proportions it does for fighter mode so the scale there is just out of whack.

Edited by jenius

• 2 weeks later...

Um, anyone notice is they went to Anime Expo how there was no prototype of the Beta shown anymore? The only thing Robotech/Macross related were the 1/100 scale figures. I did see that I never saw on posts that the FAST packs are sold separately.

Um, anyone notice is they went to Anime Expo how there was no prototype of the Beta shown anymore? The only thing Robotech/Macross related were the 1/100 scale figures. I did see that I never saw on posts that the FAST packs are sold separately.

413977[/snapback]

No BETA prototype toy?? Do you think that means they won't make it now?

:(

Somebody on RT.com said that the word from Toynami is that they're completely retooling and still expecting to make a 1/55 transformable Beta toy.

414034[/snapback]

huh. the sounds like good news to me. hopefully they make better material choices with the beta than they did with the alpha.

Nothing really amazing at their booth. People were buying the 1/100 Hikaru exclusives but the majority of their Robotech stuff were mugs, mouse pads, caps, and dvds. I picked up the AnimEgo SDF: Macross set for only $40 which was a great deal. But they didn't have a set of the Robotech Protoculture edition only the first plain run of the Robotech series.

I hope Toynami makes a BETA - and that it attaches to their ALPHA toys.

414045[/snapback]

Sorry to burst you're bubble, (on good authority) this ain't gonna happen. Now or never.

414283[/snapback]

Where did you hear this?

People on the RT.com forums have seemingly received messages from Toynami saying they do infact plan on releasing the planned Beta in 2007. And they have never retracted their statement that it will connect to the Alpha.

I myself am somewhat skeptical, but I don't see how you can be so sure...

Who is your authority?

414045[/snapback]

Sorry to burst you're bubble, (on good authority) this ain't gonna happen. Now or never.

414283[/snapback]

Where did you hear this?

People on the RT.com forums have seemingly received messages from Toynami saying they do infact plan on releasing the planned Beta in 2007. And they have never retracted their statement that it will connect to the Alpha.

Who is your authority?

414285[/snapback]

Let's just keep it at...well, it won't happen. Even at the project 250.00 per unit that Toynami is attempting to ask for the Beta (TREAD) product. It just isn't going to happen.

RT.com actually has it displayed in the forums, you just have to search the right place.

Sorry, but that is all I can say.

414045[/snapback]

414283[/snapback]

Where did you hear this?

Who is your authority?

414285[/snapback]

Let's just keep it at...well, it won't happen. Even at the project 250.00 per unit that Toynami is attempting to ask for the Beta (TREAD) product. It just isn't going to happen.

RT.com actually has it displayed in the forums, you just have to search the right place.

Sorry, but that is all I can say.

414287[/snapback]

Can you at least link it'? We are all going to search for it anyways and I mean you mineswell, the cats out of the bag in some respect so to speak. Either way we are all going to look there. So mind saving us the trouble and just linking us to the thread>? Not like its some super secret you just told us which forums it was on.

There's nothing but misinformation over at RT.com, whether it's what Nightmare tells you or anyone else. The last place you should look for anything concrete on either The Shadow Chronicles or the happenings of Toynami is RT.com. The HG folks don't seem too optomistic though so read from that what you will, Toynami, for its part, still keeps claiming they're making one.

Edited by jenius

I have to agree with Jenius... if they were just making a transforming beta, it wouldn't be in development for so long... we would have seen something by now. And even toynami has to know that the linkability between the alpha and the beta is a key selling point for many people.

There's nothing but misinformation over at RT.com, whether it's what Nightmare tells you or anyone else.  The last place you should look for anything concrete on either The Shadow Chronicles or the happenings of Toynami is RT.com.  The HG folks don't seem too optomistic though so read from that what you will, Toynami, for its part, still keeps claiming they're making one.

414313[/snapback]

I'd go with what Toynami is saying. They are the ones making it after all.

Hey, as much as I'd love to be optomistic here, we should also hedge our optimism by remembering the Destroids, SDF-1, and Cyclones that they started work on and have never finished. If I'm not mistaken, the Destroids and SDF-1 both made public appearances before they got S*itcanned so it's not like the Beta would be the first. I wonder if Toynami claims they're still working on those other items though.

Hey, as much as I'd love to be optomistic here, we should also hedge our optimism by remembering the Destroids, SDF-1, and Cyclones that they started work on and have never finished. If I'm not mistaken, the Destroids and SDF-1 both made public appearances before they got S*itcanned so it's not like the Beta would be the first. I wonder if Toynami claims they're still working on those other items though.

414427[/snapback]

From what Steve Yun said the George Sohn still wants to put out the MPC cyclones.

Weren't the destroids just the playmates reissues? If so I can see why they got scrapped, I keep hoping we see high detailed articulated destroids in the $20/1/100 line. And the SDF-1 shown years back was the build a figure one...though a MPC one or collectors SDF-1 of some sort has always been on toynami's "to do " list...

Weren't the destroids just the playmates reissues?

It's been so long since I've seen the pictures that I can't say for sure. I was under the impression though that they were new figures developed as part of the Superposeable lines. If they really were reissues of the old toys than yeah, I'm fine with them not being released. Honestly, it'd take a wonderful destroid toy for me to consider buying it so I'm not crying either way.

Weren't the destroids just the playmates reissues?

It's been so long since I've seen the pictures that I can't say for sure. I was under the impression though that they were new figures developed as part of the Superposeable lines. If they really were reissues of the old toys than yeah, I'm fine with them not being released. Honestly, it'd take a wonderful destroid toy for me to consider buying it so I'm not crying either way.

414486[/snapback]

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure they were the old playmates toys. I remember that most of us noticed since the articulation was very very basic, and the sculpts seemed so familiar, then we figuered out they were released in the mid 90s under the exosquad/robotech banner.

They were just the Matchbox/Playmates/Harmony Gold plastic destroids with supposedly higher details paint jobs and stickers. No official confirmation of why they were pulled, with rumors or issues with the molds to lack of interest.

Somebody on RT.com said that the word from Toynami is that they're completely retooling and still expecting to make a 1/55 transformable Beta toy.

414034[/snapback]

There's nothing but misinformation over at RT.com, whether it's what Nightmare tells you or anyone else.  The last place you should look for anything concrete on either The Shadow Chronicles or the happenings of Toynami is RT.com. 

414313[/snapback]

Hehe, which is it? You either believe rt.com or you dont, cant have both :D

(Just had to give you a hard time ;) )

Honestly, things change all the time with Toynami so I'd say theres no way to know either way at this point.

I thought it was official.

The HG crew went to the manufacturer in China who had the Matchbox molds sitting outside of their factory, exposed to the elements for 9 years. The molds were corroded and unusable and Toynami didnt want to spend money making new ones.

They were just the Matchbox/Playmates/Harmony Gold plastic destroids with supposedly higher details paint jobs and stickers. No official confirmation of why they were pulled, with rumors or issues with the molds to lack of interest.

414507[/snapback]