Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

The WW2 designs are from the "super dark and gritty" one. On which some pages you had no idea what was going on. "Blackness--and a red dot!" The other comic series had TF's that turned into GI Joe/Cobra vehicles and was set in modern times. (TF vs GI Joe and GI Joe vs TF's---I can never remember which is which)

In regards to that real-life transformer that I'm sure most of you have seen, I wonder if that'll become available to the public?

Edited by myk

Unicron does look kind of odd, I'll admit. After years of thinking of him as a planet, it'll take some getting used to. Mirage, on the other hand, looks amazing.

Oooohh...a War Within Optimus Prime?  And it's fully transformable??  And it's die-cast???  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

369430[/snapback]

Hunh?! Where'd you see that? The Mirage looks great, and yes, the knees are compleatly miss transformed, look at some earlier release photos and you'll see how they should be.

I'm iffy on Mirage's bot mode... those big chrome tires are REALLY distacting, but hey, I hated prowl when he came out, and I like him well enough now..

But, yea, go the the album for the toy show, and DAMN, yea... the War Within Prime and Megs.. gotta get those.

Oooohh...a War Within Optimus Prime?  And it's fully transformable??  And it's die-cast???  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

369430[/snapback]

Hunh?! Where'd you see that? The Mirage looks great, and yes, the knees are compleatly miss transformed, look at some earlier release photos and you'll see how they should be.

369464[/snapback]

Here's a link to TFW2005's Titanium gallery that showcases Prime and Megs.

http://tfw2005.net/gallery/v/Toyfair-2006-...rmers/Titanium/

I think the final will most likely have a better paint job, but this is what Prime looks like so far:

post-430-1139763196_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

From what I've read/heard, the Titanium line is going to be split into two figure sizes--the 3-inch non-transformables, and the 6-inch transformables; War Within Prime is a six-incher, I think.

From what I've read/heard, the Titanium line is going to be split into two figure sizes--the 3-inch non-transformables, and the 6-inch transformables; War Within Prime is a six-incher, I think.

369533[/snapback]

Lol a transformer that doesn't transform...

369533[/snapback]

Lol a transformer that doesn't transform...

369537[/snapback]

Oh yeah...remember Action Masters? :p

Saw at my local Target that they are re-releasing some of the Beastwars Figures, they had Rhinox, Waspinator and Cheetor, each had a piece to put together a Transmutate figure. It seems they are being released due to the 10th anniversary of Beastwars

Seen all those Beastwars ones too, but I was too busy getting the latest two repaints (i.e. Rollbar and Ricochet). They're only $20 each so I'm not too upset about having three or more of the same model, but I'm looking forward to Mirage. I wonder who they will make as a repaint of him...

I guess some rumors are going around that Megatron might be made from a Cadillac car.

Damn nice that they are making a War Within Prime, does anyone know what outlets will be selling these? I've just gone collecting the 3 volumes of the War Within trade paperbacks and the Prime look is pretty nice and now with this toy I don't have to shell out the big bucks for the WW Prime statue that was made last year.

Baronv, three volumes of TPBs? I've got the first two books and the first couple of issues of the third volume, but Dreamweave never finished the third... did someone else finish that wonky story and I miss it?

Edited by promethuem5

Baronv, three volumes of TPBs?  I've got the first two books and the first couple of issues of the third volume, but Dreamweave never finished the third... did someone else finish that wonky story and I miss it?

370160[/snapback]

I am wondering the same thing.

Lets see I have

WW volume 1 full sized

WW volume 1 pocket sized

and WW2 Darkages Full sized.

Then I have the issues 1-3 of the WW Age of Wrath book that wasnt finished*cough Pat Lee bastard*cough*

So that could count as 3....I heard IDW may be able to print the TPB f Age of Wrath since the art was all done.

since we are on the old DW Transformer comics, anyone reading the new series from IDW? I like the art and the story is intriging to me so far. Starscream is scheming as usual. I'm waiting for Optimus Prime and Megatron to make their respective appearances.

since we are on the old DW Transformer comics, anyone reading the new series from IDW?  I like the art and the story is intriging to me so far.  Starscream is scheming as usual.  I'm waiting for Optimus Prime and Megatron to make their respective appearances.

370404[/snapback]

Is this the new crossover series with GI Joe? I'm intersted in picking up that series.

since we are on the old DW Transformer comics, anyone reading the new series from IDW?  I like the art and the story is intriging to me so far.  Starscream is scheming as usual.  I'm waiting for Optimus Prime and Megatron to make their respective appearances.

370404[/snapback]

Yeah I am really diggin it. Some of the transfans are so picky they are bashing this.

I guess to each his own.

The new comic is pretty good. It's very different in style and presentation from the Dreamwave stuff, but I'm enjoying it. EJ Su's art, while not the flashiest (Don Figueroa is my favorite TF artist), tells the story well, and Simon Furman's pacing and characterizations are solid so far.

I like Su's interiors better than his covers and his one shot drawings. I also think IDW will handle the license fairly well. I am glad they got Don on board for beast wars, the man must be in cloud 9 right now, I mean he's got a diecast TRANSFORMABLE version of his war within prime coming out, and he's helming beast wars.

oh and btw boys.....the WWI transformable Prime@toyfair is 16.99 ...apparently theres going to be ultra sized transformers for 19.99....so can you believe this, theres going to be BIGGER diecast transformers!!!! Any guesses?

I say Ultra Magnus or Galvatron.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Someone might've posted this already.. But.. I guess this is the resculpted bwr- Megatron Optimus primal giftset. BWR-01? Whats with the golden disc? Does it have data or just a prop?

a0_1_sbl.JPGa4_1_b.JPG86_1_b.JPG

bf_1_b.JPG20_1_b.JPG92_1_sbl.JPG

Edited by marx