Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

damn, that tracks is doubled the original price. No thanx! Might as well buy the BT version which is better!

I picked up Windcharger, too. I'm working on a custom barrel, that looks more like it might belongs on a modern long rifle. I don't really care if it looks like a drive shaft or not, since I never display my Alts upside down. Gotta make a mouth plate for him too, so he'll look more like Windcharger.

I still can't believe all his joints are so tight, and his ankles move almost as freely as his wheels. :blink:

Any reason why Takara won't produce the trailers for Magnus and Prime?

they probably thought it would jack the price up way to high, it is already a $100.00 transformer , to make a detailed trailer for the 2 would really cost alot, specially if they want to make the Magnus trailer transform and hook on to him like in the G-1 series.

chris

I finally found a Grimey. It was at walmart, and it was a return. Trying to transform him for the first time I can see why ... Plus they switched his arms. Does anybody know if they japanese instructions are online somewhere to see if they're any better?

i have the japanese instructions and they are just as bad.

for me to get the arms out, i don't pull from the arms - it tends to take them off of their joint. i have to go from the inside of the car and use my thumbs to get the arms out (if you can imagine holding someone's head and trying to squish their eyes out with your thumbs, well, that's what i'm doing with grimey to get his arms out- hurts my thumbs though)

The worst part is actually getting them back in, the doors invariably pop off no matter what I try. Other than that I'm pretty pleased, looking forward to Wheeljack.

yeah the popping of DOORS!

i really like grimey, he looks cool, but his transformation is a pain - kinda discourages me from transforming him much... end up grabbing meister and fiddling withi him instead ;)

The worst part is actually getting them back in, the doors invariably pop off no matter what I try. Other than that I'm pretty pleased, looking forward to Wheeljack.

yeah the popping of DOORS!

i really like grimey, he looks cool, but his transformation is a pain - kinda discourages me from transforming him much... end up grabbing meister and fiddling withi him instead ;)

door popping, head popping, the floor panel popping... <_< They are a real pain...

also the rotating thing to move the legs to the front it is hard to do...

Edited by RichterX

this is probably old news, but i finally got my windcharger barrels from JD productions at:

http://jd-p.net/btwc.htm

8 bux (includes shipping) - i think from singapore, so took like 2 weeks... but finally got it. It's nice, and really helps WC's castrated weapon look whole.

BT-15 = Prowl released in July and BT-16 = the binaltech Decepticharge in September :lol:

BT-15 = Prowl released in July and BT-16 = the binaltech Decepticharge in September :lol:

Bt-16 in Japan is Wildrider.

Thanks MilkmanX, I forgot that name when I post but I remember the Alternator name ;)

I got Wheeljack alternator today!!!

pics:

Spotted and bought today at the nearest walmart here for $20.

wheeljackalt14kf.th.jpg wheeljackalt20ks.th.jpg

wheeljackalt34qd.th.jpg wheeljackalt46ds.th.jpg

wheeljackalt55bn.th.jpg wheeljackalt62qg.th.jpg

comments:

Very much like the Grimlock-Alt (silver mustang) stories here, it was quite a bitch to transform properly. Took me at least 30-45 minutes to figure out how to transform the topside. Be careful when you get it.

Except he's a rear wheel drive race car that could actually make use of the down force. Still might make a duck tail spoiler, for mine.

Went into Wal mart tonight, expecting to see the same Alts that were there the last time, (I was surprised enough, when those showed up) and saw Wheeljack. I was so excited, I almost forgot to see if they had Shockwave, before I made off with my prize. Shocky was right next to Wheeljack.

I actually find Wheeljack easier to transform. His windshield, and the bar between his shoulder blocks don't peg in as hard as they do on the one Grimmy sample I've gotten ahold of. That alone really makes the transformation easier.

So? What do you guys think will be next in the Masterpiece line?

If MP-02 Ultra Magnus sells well will there be another?

Wil MP-03 be Scourge (yet another repaint of Convoy)?

Edited by UN Spacy

I got Wheeljack alternator today!!!

pics:

Spotted and bought today at the nearest walmart here for $20.

wheeljackalt14kf.th.jpg wheeljackalt20ks.th.jpg

wheeljackalt34qd.th.jpg wheeljackalt46ds.th.jpg

wheeljackalt55bn.th.jpg wheeljackalt62qg.th.jpg

comments:

Very much like the Grimlock-Alt (silver mustang) stories here, it was quite a bitch to transform properly. Took me at least 30-45 minutes to figure out how to transform the topside. Be careful when you get it.

You're lucky guys ;) I still wait for my BT-13 and 14 to be released because I only collect the Takara Binaltech and Masterpiece line :lol:

whats the difference between whelljack and grimlick besides headlights, spoiler, color, and head?

That's pretty much it, for the differences. Wheeljack's windows all apear to be tinted, and they completly blacked out the little side windows, behind the doors.

His elbows seem a little tighter, too.