Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Anyone know how many Iron Man's out there....that have been released (including War Machine and Iron Monger) For some reason I'm not sure if the Unleashed version are different or the same?

mk 1-7, war machine, iron monger. remakes of mk.1 and 2. repaint of mk3. special editions of war machine and mk. 6. so at least 12.

Also how do you guys store your figures when they're not on display?

Was cinsidering something like this:

14358-50-quart-shelf-tote-by-sterilite-clear_1_375.jpg

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

HT advises against placing the figs back in their boxes for extended periods of time, probably for fear of the plastic reacting with the materials on the figs. The ones I bought are on semi-permanent display inside acrylics case, until I figured out how to store them.

While the figs probably won't react to the plactic container in your pic, it can't be a good idea to have the figs lying on top of one another in a pile.

I'm running into a similar problem here: I've got Battle Suit Jill right now, with Catwoman, Batman and Bane on the way. Bane's not a problem since he's clothed in fabric, but Batman, Jill and Catwoman with their PVC suits kind of worry me.

I'm thinking maybe wrapping the figs in wax paper might do the trick.

Edited by GU-11

Kind of a general inquiry here about the Real Action Heroes line that needs a little background first...

So years back I picked up the Medicom Kazuki Fuse Jin Roh Figure (http://kerberossaga....-3-jin-roh.html) from around 1999/2000. It was my first 1/6 Scale figure and I was excited to obtain it but found out that it was awful. I spent close to an hour trying to remove the Kazuki head to replace with the Armored helmet; suffice to say it literally would not come off unless I'd chosen to break the toy. I also thought everything else about the figure was crappy. It was hard to position and while it looked nice in publicity photos in reality it looked like cheap; and I honestly couldn't excape the whole "this is a doll not an action figure" vibe that I got from it. So I stored it away for a couple years and then decided to sell it off. It was a part of the Real Action Heroes line, back in the days before they were numbered I believe (the above linked article says #3 but they are referring to it being the 3rd Kerberos figure that Medicom released); I just checked Medicom's website and can't even find it on there, they only show the more recent 2006 Kerberos figure. At the time I was stunned that people were paying so much for the figure given it's very poor quality, and even significantly more than that for the other Kerberos figures (such as the Dragon ones). That was my only 1/6 scale figure until just a couple of months ago I picked up the ZC World Black jack Figure. This guy here...

zc-bjp1.jpg

...Which is freaking awesome. I don't typically buy 1/6 scale figures/dolls, but this looked really cool. Being from such an obscure favorite of mine I thought I'd take a chance and buy, knowing I could sell it off pretty easily if I dislike it. What impresses me most about it is how close in reality it looks to the marketing shots, something the Medicom Jin Roh failed at miserably.

So, all that said, my inquiry is this. I have been looking at the RAH EVA-01 and EVA-02 and they look awesome.

0924_raheva29d0a_01.jpg

ev0624_01_dd8d9a9.jpg

My big concerns however are in regards to how closely the figure actually matches what you see in the marketing shots and what is the quality and how easily can the figure be manipulated? For example I was completely excited a couple years back about the beautiful Appleseed figures that Hot Toys was releasing, and had them preordered (with BBTS I believe). Then over on the toyboxdx.com forums some reports came up about the vinyl/plastic/leatherette/whatever the suits were made of were already cracking after minimal posing; especially on the elbow joints. So I ended up passing on those. Given the appearance of the materials that coat the body of the EVA units I could see this being a problem similar to the Appleseed Hot Toys. So any thoughts as to what I might expect with the Medicom EVAs based on other recent RAH figures and my previous two 1/6 experiences?

Lupin The Third.

I was just about to post an inquiry about ZCWorld, as I'd never heard of them concerning the Blackjack 1/6 figure!!!!

I LOVE blackjack and this version looks better than the Hottoys version (which I have).

Can you please tell me about the body type-durable/poseable-anygood?

The plastics/cloth-quality?

That's the BEST blackjack I've EVER seen!!!!

Thanx.

Troyness.

My big concerns however are in regards to how closely the figure actually matches what you see in the marketing shots and what is the quality and how easily can the figure be manipulated? For example I was completely excited a couple years back about the beautiful Appleseed figures that Hot Toys was releasing, and had them preordered (with BBTS I believe). Then over on the toyboxdx.com forums some reports came up about the vinyl/plastic/leatherette/whatever the suits were made of were already cracking after minimal posing; especially on the elbow joints. So I ended up passing on those. Given the appearance of the materials that coat the body of the EVA units I could see this being a problem similar to the Appleseed Hot Toys. So any thoughts as to what I might expect with the Medicom EVAs based on other recent RAH figures and my previous two 1/6 experiences?

I have the RAH Spawn figure. The whole body is covered by a vinyl/plastic/leatherette/whatever suit too. I bought it used and have had it for more than a year and no breaks. The parts where there are joints underneath do have wrinkles like clothes do.

I’m also interested in these two but I would like to hear reviews first.

Edited by Twoducks

Lupin The Third.

I was just about to post an inquiry about ZCWorld, as I'd never heard of them concerning the Blackjack 1/6 figure!!!!

I LOVE blackjack and this version looks better than the Hottoys version (which I have).

Can you please tell me about the body type-durable/poseable-anygood?

The plastics/cloth-quality?

That's the BEST blackjack I've EVER seen!!!!

Thanx.

Troyness.

As I said I really haven't done much with 1/6 figures; but this one looked so good that I figured I'd give it a go and simply resell it if I was disappointed. I'm not sure which body type they are using on the figure but the poseability is good and the look is excellent. I also like that this is Black Jack from the OVAs rather than the manga or tv series; thus a much darker, grittier version. I've only taken mine out of the box to inspect it as I'm in the middle of setting up a new room for my collection, so I didn't spend alot of time with it. The head and one of the feet had popped off while in transit but they went back on the ball joints smoothly and without having to force them. When I first opened the box I thought, "Dammit this is what I get for screwing with these kind of figures again." But my panic was unnecessary as it all reassembled perfectly. Also the box is beautiful, and includes a printed art insert, both of which I'll be displaying right behind the figure when he goes out.

10196997p.jpg

I could almost endorse the figure just for the box; it's got a mysterious, "what's in there" vibe to it that just makes you want to open it and see inside. That said the two interlocking pieces of the box are almost vaccum sealed together, or at least mine were; it took a while to carefully open it as I didn't want to damage the packaging...probably about 15 minutes, no exaggeration. I am really impressed with the look of the piece; he's not inexpensive but everything about the figure looks and feel high quality and is worth the price of admission. The clothing literally looks and feels like clothing; often to me 1/6 figure clothing simply looks like a piece of cloth, if you get my distinction. This looks tailored and professional. Visually this guy stomps the Hot Toys and Medicom Versions released previously. If I hadn't gambled on this guy I wouldn't even be considering the EVAs. I guess 1/6's have come a long way in the last few years.

Sounds like good feedback on the other Medicom figures with similar suits and coverings. Maybe I'll "take one for the team" and get the EVAs to find out for sure.

Wow thanx for that amazing review Lupin The Third!!!!!

That was like a novel LOL!!!! I appreciate the time you put into it!!

Sounds like the figure is as good as it looks, I was blindsided by this figure, only new it existed yesterday can't wait for you to display it, make sure to post pics.!!!!

I hope some are still available in a few months when I have the funds (but knowing an exclusive Tesuka product Japan will eat it up)

Good luck on your decision with the EVA figs.

HT advises against placing the figs back in their boxes for extended periods of time, probably for fear of the plastic reacting with the materials on the figs. The ones I bought are on semi-permanent display inside acrylics case, until I figured out how to store them.

While the figs probably won't react to the plactic container in your pic, it can't be a good idea to have the figs lying on top of one another in a pile.

I didn't know this. So much for people hoarding these figures for MIB future value if they are removed in the future and damaged because they are sticking to the plastic. That would make for a funny episode of Toy Hunter.

Damn, both items I got from the store were defective. The floodlight didn't work, and the Batman figure had crooked "spinal" armor on his back. I'll have to bring both back for replacements.

@Kicker...or anyone that knows: is it safe to mount the DX12 figure on the bat-pod? The user manual says he can spread his legs as far as 120 degrees, but makes no mention of lateral movement. I don't want to crease the rubber parts on his hips.

I'll have to let Catwoman use the bike if he can't.

I didn't know this. So much for people hoarding these figures for MIB future value if they are removed in the future and damaged because they are sticking to the plastic. That would make for a funny episode of Toy Hunter.

Yup, they're basically burning money. Most try to sell within a year or so. Some guy at a local collectible forum practically begged me to take an HT Deunan off his hands, but I was tied up with other stuff then.

That said, those that have fabric clothing fare much better than others in PVC or rubber suits.

Edited by GU-11

need some advise. someone's trying to sell me the Iron Man Suit Up Gantry at a bit of a discount, but i'm not sure which Iron Man models it is compatible with.

i have the first release of the MkIII which i think don't have removable armor panels, but please correct me if i'm wrong. it's in storage now, so i can't check.

so which Iron Man models have removable panels? ie. so that it would make sense to display it in the gantry?

need some advise. someone's trying to sell me the Iron Man Suit Up Gantry at a bit of a discount, but i'm not sure which Iron Man models it is compatible with.

i have the first release of the MkIII which i think don't have removable armor panels, but please correct me if i'm wrong. it's in storage now, so i can't check.

so which Iron Man models have removable panels? ie. so that it would make sense to display it in the gantry?

Could be mistaken, but didn't the Gantry set come with an Iron Man figure? Or is he selling it to you piecemeal?

Sorry if this isn't much help, but the only one I'm sure has removable panels is the the one with the triangle arc reactor.

I dont know much about iron man since I dont' have any at the moment. I have the Mark VII on pre order but will probably if the finances are good this year pick up the rest.

Its always been pictured with the Mark III however. Is there a Mark III Unleashed version? Someone if they have time should post pics of each Mark and version so, ahem...we can all have an idea =) / shopping list to base it on.

@Kicker...or anyone that knows: is it safe to mount the DX12 figure on the bat-pod? The user manual says he can spread his legs as far as 120 degrees, but makes no mention of lateral movement. I don't want to crease the rubber parts on his hips.

How do you get to return yours? I got mine from bbts, but I have yet to open it. I have two other bodies which I think considering their circumstances were ok. You don't really see the back anyways since its covered with a cape.

As far as getting it on the bike it is possible, however someone mentioned there were some problems with it.

c-1.jpg

d-1.jpg

P1140236.jpg

P1140251.jpg

Another member took out the padding inside and restitched the suit on the back. And the pose-ability was much better.

I wanted some pizza last night and this guy delivered it since I wanted it fast like Jimmy John

batpodpizzaguy.jpg

How do you get to return yours? I got mine from bbts, but I have yet to open it.

I bought mine from a hobby store, so I was able to get it replaced.

As far as getting it on the bike it is possible, however someone mentioned there were some problems with it.

Another member took out the padding inside and restitched the suit on the back. And the pose-ability was much better.

I'm not exactly a skilled tailor, so I'll only be able to use whatever articulation is available out of the box.

From the first two pics, his knees don't seem to touch the kneeguards, but it's about as good as I dare to hope for. At least it,s better than forcing the knees into the kneeguards and having him look like the one in the last two pics.

I guess it goes without saying that there's absolutely no way to pose him inside the Batmobile, without damaging his suit.