Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

from what I've read the plug suit is faux leather and doesn't have much stretch to it. she's also aparently strait 12" tall and not true 1/6 scale

6054633976_9693083332.jpg

Really, I think I want the Max factory statue more, but $250+ is just so damn expensive.

Edited by anime52k8

I already got the Figma Asuka, and I'm gonna buy Figma Mari soon. Rei I don't even care about so that's a non-issue. :p

But I also want this but it's $250 or more everywhere that actually has it:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-2310

and if I get that I'll need to get this to go with it:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-3862

Went crazy this afternoon, bought a Medicom RAH Captain Harlock (v2 Galaxy Express 999) and the Medicom RAH Eva 01.

I remember when a few years ago I was like:
"I like Revoltechs they do not use much room" I still like them but then, when my first VF-1xx 1/60 came in I swore to myself I wouldn't buy anything bigger.
Yeah... So I swore... lolguy.png

Can't wait to see these two on my shelves ^_^124756_100.jpg

The waist joint looks kind of funny, makes him look like he's wearing re metal diapers. Don't like how the ratcheting is exposed on the elbow joints either.

The pics on the webpage don't show any accessories--would be nice if a pair of up-tilted palms were included for Iron Man's trademark repulsor blast pose.

The waist joint looks kind of funny, makes him look like he's wearing re metal diapers. Don't like how the ratcheting is exposed on the elbow joints either.

The pics on the webpage don't show any accessories--would be nice if a pair of up-tilted palms were included for Iron Man's trademark repulsor blast pose.

Agreed, torso-waist junction and shoulder look strange (maybe the shoulders can be moved back and the shot is just here to show a precise articulation).

Though many people will buy it because it's quite tall and impressive, I definitely prefer MarkIV that I find to be "more Iron Man-esque".

Edit: was right for the shoulders:

61234-MarvelIronMan-20-200x300.jpg

Edited by Loute

I bought the Iron Man Mark I v2 for my brother for a present and I inspected it tonight. As I am not much of a human action figure/doll fan, It felt more solid than I would have imagined. I don't see myself buying a lot of these, but I might get this version for myself just because I enjoy the bulky, tank like look.

I'm hoping they make a silver centurion Iron Man from the 80's comic. And I'm going to keep an eye out for the Harlock they make. We'll see.

I was bummed that they don't have a more extensive horror line. Id really get into a Michael Myers, Jason, Chucky, and a Cenobite. I guess it is too hard to get the licenses? I find dolls creepy to begin with, so horror movie dolls kind of make sense, yet.. Hot Toys doesn't make them! haha.

Edited by Gakken85

Not a batman fan here! :). Didn't like the Dark Knight much. As for the quality of Medicom, my Eva is really impressive and doesn't feel cheap in any way, and looks amazing. I hated the hip joints at first...I was scared i would break them since I couldn't actually see how they rotate inside the rubber.

They kind of lock up with an "L" and then collapse back to a straight "I", if that makes sense. In the "L" you can get better crouching motions, and of course they rotate in the hip joint.

I don't see why it would disintegrate any more than any other joint or toy, but I've only had it for two months. It's a lot of fun to pose.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm hoping they make a silver centurion Iron Man from the 80's comic. And I'm going to keep an eye out for the Harlock they make. We'll see.

unfortunately, I think the chances of seeing anything Iron Man related that isn't from the movies is basically zero.

I don't see why it would disintegrate any more than any other joint or toy, but I've only had it for two months.

I've never looked into newer medicom stuff before, but I've heard that a lot of their older products are prone to breaking, and their Ashley wood Les Mort 13 figure is particularly infamous for the base body frequently falling to pieces without ever being removed from the package.

It's good to know their quality has improved although their prices have remained way to high for me to consider buying most of the stuff they put out, despite being interested in the licenses they have.

Personally, If there was one thing I'd like to see hot toys or any of the major figure makers start doing is more video game licenses. I'd kill for figures form Dead Space, Halo and Bioshock.

Edited by anime52k8

I've never owned a Medicom figure but I've never seen anything of theirs I really like. Just something seems off about the way the clothes look and hang off the figures makes me not want to bother. Granted they concentrate on Anime type figures but even the Batman they put out doesn't look that great. I think they're overpriced in general.

Does anyone own that Kaneda and Tetsuo figure? I think that one was a Bandai/Medicom collaboration though so it might not count. I wanted to pick those up but I'm scared I might be disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rdlnqED6qs

Here you go, This guy has some really nice reviews. Looks awesome to me!

If you want Halo that new ThreeA figure is probably the best you'll ever see.

But I want Master Chief, not what's-his-bucket from the only halo game I've never played. also, I'd like a cortana.

And I know this is a total pipe dream that'll never happen, but I'd love a DIY customizable Spartan IV so I can build MY spartan from halo 4 multiplayer.

But I want Master Chief, not what's-his-bucket from the only halo game I've never played. also, I'd like a cortana.

And I know this is a total pipe dream that'll never happen, but I'd love a DIY customizable Spartan IV so I can build MY spartan from halo 4 multiplayer.

I'm waiting on the Sideshow Cortana. I wish I got the Weta version. I didn't like it that much. She didn't light up. But she goes for crazy money now. I could have used that to pay for the Sideshow version.

BTW, I just re-preordered the Hot Toys Ada Wong for like the 5th time. I keep finding different ways to tell myself that it's too pricy and getting into Hot Toys will be financial suicide and otherwise convincing myself to cancel it, only to be smacked with an overwhelming impulse of WANT IT. and then I pre-order it again.

:(

Edited by anime52k8

I'm waiting on the Sideshow Cortana. I wish I got the Weta version. I didn't like it that much. She didn't light up. But she goes for crazy money now. I could have used that to pay for the Sideshow version.

Premium format is so ridiculously expensive, and really big. Also, there's just something about the prototype sculpt that feels ever so slightly off. I think it's the hands/feet.

Premium format is so ridiculously expensive, and really big. Also, there's just something about the prototype sculpt that feels ever so slightly off. I think it's the hands/feet.

As far as I know Sideshow hasn't shown a prototype yet. Just the teaser image of Cortana from the game.There is also a render going around that people like. But it's not from Sideshow.

I wish there was a premium 1/18 scale with good accessories, etc. 1/6 is too big and 1/18 figs are generally too cheap.

Nice!!!!!!

Another member(can't remember) bought Harlock aswell, I've always intended to buy it.

If you ever feel the need to take snaps with no cape release that burden here..I'll lurk...

I pointed somebody towards Harlock, but I honestly can't remember who lol..

But contrats on your find!!!

Let us know your prediction of the durability of that thin body.

I think it's sick house! haha.

I like the rounded arms. It Kind of reminds me of an Inbit, just a little. Also, I like that they are branching out a bit, it's not just the same old release flow, which are basically repaints with different heads. Keep it fresh Medicom!

Edited by Gakken85