Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

@ prometheum: I just read a CDX review of the Spartan mkV, and damn, it's a thing of beauty. The weathering on it is just gorgeous.

The 3A Spartan (there are 2 versions and I ordered both) is really nice but it does have it's flaws. The rubber suit is one complaint I personally have with it and my only problem with the rubber suit is not knowing how long it's gonna last. It's also surprisingly light. It's not heavy feeling at all.

The other issue I have with mine is the knee pads are just glued to the rubber suit. Mine was hanging by a thread when it arrived and the knee armor basically just fell off and came loose from shipping. It's a terrible knee design.

Other than that, it's a really nice figure. I'm currently waiting on the shipment of the blue Carter version (hopefully the knees stay on)... :mellow:

Edited by xrentonx

The 3A Spartan (there are 2 versions and I ordered both) is really nice but it does have it's flaws. The rubber suit is one complaint I personally have with it and my only problem with the rubber suit is not knowing how long it's gonna last. It's also surprisingly light. It's not heavy feeling at all.

The other issue I have with mine is the knee pads are just glued to the rubber suit. Mine was hanging by a thread when it arrived and the knee armor basically just fell off and came loose from shipping. It's a terrible knee design.

Other than that, it's a really nice figure. I'm currently waiting on the shipment of the blue Carter version (hopefully the knees stay on)... :mellow:

Awww, that's too bad about your kneepads. Mine are glued to the actual knee under the suit, so they are rock solid. I can see how that'd be difficult to fix if they were loose, though.

I think the rubber suit is going to hold up pretty well, since it is cut in all of the high traffic areas. The typical tearing you see on things like Henshin Cyborg suits is under the armpits and around the groin, and those areas are all separate parts on the Halo dude. Being thinner than other rubber suits might also help, since there is less strain required to flex the suit. We'll see, but I am hopeful.

We (I)'ve got a Carter on the way, and I'll do a video review for that one as well as the usual write-up.

Gotta figure out a way to fix the one knee armor...love everything I get from ThreeA though. I'm a fan :)

I enjoyed your review on CDX, man! No video review though?

Gotta figure out a way to fix the one knee armor...love everything I get from ThreeA though. I'm a fan :)

I enjoyed your review on CDX, man! No video review though?

Thanks! I was sick all last week, so I didn't get a chance to record a video. I've got Carter on the way and will do a video for him ;)

Kicker, that custom head looks amazing (it's all in the eyes)! I have to settle for the stock head :( ...not that I'm complaining too much ;)

Edited by xrentonx

atlas and p-body look awesome but I can tell they'll be stupid expensive. BTW, I'm kind of <_< about the fact that they're up to 4 announced releases of their new Pasha figure, and none of them have been general releases.

Seriously, no Iso for us plebs yet :(

Edit: spoke too soon! Just checked the blog. Not a general release but I get some use out of my 3AA...and I don't gotta travel to another country and wait on line at a show :)

Edited by xrentonx

Seriously, no Iso for us plebs yet :(

Edit: spoke too soon! Just checked the blog. Not a general release but I get some use out of my 3AA...and I don't gotta travel to another country and wait on line at a show :)

I don't have 3AA, I passed because it was really expensive and at the time I was trying to cut back on threeA stuff so I could afford other stuff. I'm still trying to put off buying 3A stuff so I can afford other stuff. It's kind of like saying I'm trying to cut back on freebasing cocaine so I can afford to shoot up more heroin. :wacko:

Very Dynamic.

This isn't a very good picture but it shows him crouching:

You can get that famous running pose out of him too. It's basically an articulated skeleton with rubber over it, then the plastic bits are over the rubber, so it's made to move. It also comes with a cool stand to help with any unstable poses.

The spine also bends in various ways, so you can hunch him and sway back and forth. The ankles have tons of articulation, and the hips kind of dislocate to make certain poses.

Ill try to take some better pictures of him in a crazy pose at some point.

From Heel to the top of his shoulder fin he's about 16 inches tall.

so, is it worth $350? Because I kind of want the Unit-02 that's coming out but that's a huge chunk of change.

Bane: Behind you stands a symbol of oppression, Blackgate Prison. Where a thousand men have languished under the name of this man, Harvey Dent, who has been held up to you as the shining example of justice. You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this corrupt
city.

DSC_0031_zpsfc8798e9.jpg

Bane: Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent, from the words of Gotham's police commissioner, James Gordon: "The Batman didn't
murder Harvey Dent. He saved my boy and took the blame for Harvey's appalling crime, so that I could to my shame build a lie around this
fallen idol.

DSC_0046_zps63defee7.jpg

Bane: I praised the mad man who tried to murder my own child. While I can no longer live with my lie, it is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign."

DSC_0059_zpsc92e0254.jpg

DSC_0064_zps041c7e36.jpg

DSC_0065_zps37083b5c.jpg

Bane: And do you accept this man's resignation? And do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the corrupt? We take
Gotham from the corrupt, the rich, the oppressors of generations who kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you, the
people. Gotham is yours. None shall interfere, do as you please. Start by storming Blackgate and free the oppressed.

DSC_0067_zps0b04a910.jpg

DSC_0070_zps5042098a.jpg

DSC_0073_zpsb15e1751.jpg

@ VF-1A-FAN: Is that a "stock" DX-12 or a custom? Looks awesome on the bat-pod!

@ Kicker: In a fit of extreme envy because I can't afford the price or space for a second Tumbler, I'll have to point out that the cammo Tumbler is not 100% screen accurate, as the one used in the movie has a cannon mounted on the right side, which was used to blow open the gates of Blackgate prison. :p

Ok, I get that all anyone in this thread cares about is Batman but I'm going to ask anyways because this is the closest thing to an appropriate thread:

What is the general consensus on Medicom figures? I've been looking at this lately, because it's $100 cheaper than what the 1/6 scale Max factory statue I've been looking at goes for right now and this one's actually articulated. but if it's going to just disintegrate within 6 months of taking it out of the box I'd rather not bother.

http://www.amazon.com/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-2-0-Illustrious/dp/B002X79LJY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_3

1125-0051.jpg

I've never owned a Medicom figure but I've never seen anything of theirs I really like. Just something seems off about the way the clothes look and hang off the figures makes me not want to bother. Granted they concentrate on Anime type figures but even the Batman they put out doesn't look that great. I think they're overpriced in general.

Does anyone own that Kaneda and Tetsuo figure? I think that one was a Bandai/Medicom collaboration though so it might not count. I wanted to pick those up but I'm scared I might be disappointed.

I can't give any specific input about the quality of Medicom figures, but as you're dealing with a fig dressed in a skin-tight suit, you'll probably have to deal with limited poses. Even if you can stretch the suit for more dynamic poses (HT Appleseed figs) the suit will eventually stretch out permanently if you leave it in that position for a prolonged period of time.

The HT Jill Valentine Battle Suit fig I got is mostly posed in a neutral standing pose, because I didn't want to risk damaging or stretching the suit.