IM a LITTLE confused

Sweekz

Ok one the Macross Compendium the Chronology.......

they dont list the second series..... not the one with macross but after macross?

the (UN Tanks (forgot what these were called) and 3 cloned aliens..... (forgot what they were called)

then the next series the INVID with the motorcycle suits.....

what happen to these series on the timeline????? are these after Macross 7 or something????? Im confused.... The Official Macross site seems not to have any information on these series either..... what happen to them??? did a different company make these series or something?

Edited by Sweekz

they dont list the second series..... not the one with macross but after macross?

the (UN Tanks (forgot what these were called) and 3 cloned aliens..... (forgot what they were called)

what happen to these series on the timeline????? are these after Macross 7 or something????? Im confused.... The Official Macross site seems not to have any information on these series either..... what happen to them??? did a different company make these series or something?

read the pinned robotech thread in the other-anime section

You're thinking of Robotech.

http://www.robotech.com

Southern Cross or the Robotech Masters (Robotech)

Mospeada or The New generation (Robotech)

The Official Macross site seems not to have any information on these series either..... what happen to them??? did a different company make these series or something?

Macross != Robotech.

I think this guy is kidding. It's too perfect.

:lol:

Edited by azrael

Someone once said that there are no stupid questions.

They have now been proven wrong.

not really, ,, the question can't be stupid,, therefore it must be the person asking it. :p j/k

Anyways, the other series are not part of Macross, they are a different series, that's why they are not in the time line.

Edited by F360°

Ha,Ha!! I had those moments pal. Blame it on the alcohol!

Don't worry about it man..

I believe you.

Macross is the easiest term to remember out of Robotech because the rest of it sucked.

The members here prefer Macross in its original form, you should check it out.

I am the nice guy here by the way.

"There is only one stupid question in the world; the one that's not asked."

I said this on the old board, cut the new guys some slack.

I mean, you have to be a rookie before you can be a veteran.

"There is only one stupid question in the world; the one that's not asked."

I said this on the old board, cut the new guys some slack.

I mean, you have to be a rookie before you can be a veteran.

agreed , when it comes to stuff like this it is better to teach a person what they are missing out on, then insulting them and possible alienating from from a community like the one on Macrossworld, this site as far as i am concerned is the best macross site on the web, and i would rather see them learn something from this site about a series they genuinly like, but may not know the full story about, then be shoved away because everybody wants to poke alittle fun and start aflame war with the new guy . we all have to learn somewhere, hopefully he can get the info he needs on this site without stuff like this happening again.

sorry but that is the way i feel

chris

By the way welcome to the site Sweekz, it is a shame you had to start off like this.

Edited by zeo-mare

It's like that bit in ghost in the shell where they are telling the poor garbage collector guy who commited the crime that all his memories were false and they were implanted in his brain by a hacker and every image in his mind was created. That's what robotech does to you. The robotech world and its events were planted there so you would believe they were real but the robotech world never really existed.

Harmony Gold = the puppet master. ;)

Don't worry about it man..

I believe you.

Macross is the easiest term to remember out of Robotech because the rest of it sucked.

The members here prefer Macross in its original form, you should check it out.

I am the nice guy here by the way.

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor, TAKE HER AWAY!

anyone know where I can get all the episodes of macross on the net ;) I havent watched it in years and years  :rolleyes:

Why don't you buy it? You know, legally go out and purchase it.

That might be harder than you think Duke. The animeigo boxsets are becoming quite scarce since they discontinued them (I was barely able to complete my collection this week).

Pay the money for the macross boxset, it's worth it. I give it a huge thumbs up. Awesome quality. Once you do that you can sell your robotech dvds and begin the path to finding out the truth of the characters and events rather than the robotech reimaginings. (I'll admit though, I'm still curious about the rick hunter guy from robotech and what he'll be like in the future robotech series if it ever happens. It's like "what if Hikaru and Misa never vanished and entered an alternate universe?"! :D )

As for DYRL, somebody provided a torrent link to a high quality movie of it a while ago:

http://a.scarywater.net/nla/

Takes up 2 cds.

For those in australia, the madman release of the series is still available in shops. So if you're really desperate, importing this (for those with allregion dvd players) may be a good last resort. Cost me an arm and a leg but I'm glad to finally be able to see everything.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i see them from time to time on ebay i think there is one up now, sorry to go off topic, does anyone know the real difference between the full set with all the dvds from the 3 seprate smaller box sets that were released? are they vastly different? the big boxset seems vastly more expensive and i heard the video and content were the same

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

anyone know where I can get all the episodes of macross on the net ;) I havent watched it in years and years  :rolleyes:

Why don't you buy it? You know, legally go out and purchase it.

That might be harder than you think Duke. The animeigo boxsets are becoming quite scarce since they discontinued them (I was barely able to complete my collection this week).

Soon to be re-relased by another company, most likely ADV. No excuse to pirate a product that you can still buy domestically.

Soon to be re-relased by another company, most likely ADV. No excuse to pirate a product that you can still buy domestically.

In fact I just answered a question in the newb thread about where to get 'em. Looks like a few places still have them in stock (not all volumes but you can shop around at various stores) so it's not like they are hard to come by. Probably as soon as the Animeigo stock is all sold, HG will probably try to resell it through ADV's distribution catalog.

You should make that who join the community know what Macross and robbotech are, near nobody read the FAQ or rules when join a forum...

0.02$

Edit:now is better. :p

Edited by Ido

Ido Posted on Jan 9 2005, 03:24 AM

You should make that who join the community know what Macross and robbotech are, near nobody read the FAQ or rules when join a forum...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we already have this. It's in the Sci-fi and Other Anime section, a pinned topic called "A Newbie's guide to the differences between MACROSS and Robotech by LEBHEAD" :)!

Ido Posted on Jan 9 2005, 03:24 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we already have this. It's in the Sci-fi and Other Anime section, a pinned topic called "A Newbie's guide to the differences between MACROSS and Robotech by LEBHEAD"  :)!

There are people who make new topics for newbie questions even if there is a pinned topic and there is people who open topic about MPC even if there is a pinned topic etc..., correct me if I'm wrong.

What i mean is strongly suggest to a the new users who join the community to check the differences between M & r before posting in the forum. But I dubt this will ever happen. :(

Edited by Ido

i see them from time to time on ebay i think there is one up now, sorry to go off topic, does anyone know the real difference between the full set with all the dvds from the 3 seprate smaller box sets that were released? are they vastly different? the big boxset seems vastly more expensive and i heard the video and content were the same

chris

I think the only differences are that the 9-disc set includes the hologram card and the big box (obviously). I'm not sure, but I think the liner notes for discs 1 through 8 do come with the three small sets. I could be wrong, so don't take this as gospel. Unless, that is, you want to worship me as your new deity. The discs themselves are the same.

You mentioned cost on eBay; in the last week and a half alone, a MISB (still shrink-wrapped) 9-disc set sold for $406 with about five bids and a used collection of the 3-disc sets sold for $75 Buy It Now. I paid $164 shipped for a used 9-disc set like eight months ago and it's been worth every penny.

And I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous post. At the time I was certain it was a joke question and my comments were made in jest.

chris

I think the only differences are that the 9-disc set includes the hologram card and the big box (obviously).

Animated card, not hologram card.

I'm not sure, but I think the liner notes for discs 1 through 8 do come with the three small sets. I could be wrong, so don't take this as gospel.

I'm under the impression they come with even the individual disks.

chris

I think the only differences are that the 9-disc set includes the hologram card and the big box (obviously).

I own the three box sets, and they don't come with the animated card.

I'm not sure, but I think the liner notes for discs 1 through 8 do come with the three small sets. I could be wrong, so don't take this as gospel.

I'm under the impression they come with even the individual disks.

They do, for both individual and the three box sets.

chris

I own the three box sets, and they don't come with the animated card.

Right. But nothing came with a hologram card.

Shame, really. A holoraphic GERWALK would've been cool.

thanks for all the info on the 2 dvd sets, come on Duke give the new guy a chance :)