Alone in the Dark

areaseven

Man I loved the Alone In the Dark Games, I still have them all too, though I doubt they can be played on my machine. I really hope this movie doesn't suck and at least stays true to the themes of the games and the characters.

wtf....just saw the trailer. I see Alien-like monsters....and Carnby doing some bullet-time bulllet dodging action....and he was sorta commanding a whole SWAT squad?!?!

WHY OH WHY is my childhood raped again..... <_<

Whatever happened to the 3D polygon English gentleman Edward Carnby? Now we have a tough as nails...very American guns-blazing Carnby.

WHY are people giving people like Boll video game licenses to make movies!?!?! <_<

LOL!! That's just a game that landed on the edge of my PC requirements...

an Amstrad CPU 286SX 16mmhz with 4 x 256kb RAM sim :D

Lol that pic is so polypixonized.. :ph34r: But overall they did a good job with the sound effects. The way the door opens up with that earie sound.. But the coolest feature is shooting with a shotgun. That was pretty well good animated... the first 3D shooter when quake was still in it's dipers.. :lol:

Edited by Kin

Why does Uwe Boll still have a job, especially after that stinkfest The House of the Dead?
How does this guy get funding for these abominations he calls films?

Apparently, some kind of contract with the Devil. Boll takes game franchises, makes them into horrible movies that don't even have much to do with the actual games, and cause many people unbearable agony. In exchange, Satan gives him a donut.

Boll wouldn't have anything to do with the new Doom movie, would he? You know, the one that has nothing to do with Space Marines, Mars, Hell, or Demons, but instead has montsers mutated by a virus and, of course, SWAT.

SCOOP!

A High Res screenshot has been discovered of pre-production! In this very defined and heavily post-produced image we see Uwe Boll discovering his script for Alone in the Dark in his writing room.

aotd.jpg

whaaaa? since when he needed a script to make craptastic movies?

• 1 month later...

The funny thing is the name of the movie...

It is not really *Alone* in the Dark, it is more like *bunch of people try to kill monsters* in the Dark :lol:

---------------------

Alone in the Dark 2 (PC) is the first game that scared me... and I didn't first it. (shameful) :D

Edited by ogami

Well.....

my roommate and I saw Alone in the Dark this past Sunday. For the longest time, I though Starship Troopers was the worst movie ever made....not any more. To say it sucked goat testicles would be an insult to goats. To say it was a steaming pile of horse sh*t would be an insult to horses.

At first, I thought, 'Ok, its basically like Call of Cthulhu '....only to realise a few minutes later 'Nope, its Delta Green'. After the first group of wanna-be ninjas from Department 713 get scragged, I decided Uwe Boll was remaking a piss-poor version of Aliens.

All in all I think the IMBD.com review says it best:

What he accomplishes in 90 life-sucking minutes is far more confusing (I couldn't even begin to explain the ridiculously labyrinthine plot that Boll only has a loose grip on), unforgivable, and amateurish.

9.gifpuke02.gif

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Thing I don't get is, everyone wants to be in movies, be they writers, directors, actors, whatever. And while sometimes a stinker of a movie gets made, most of the people involved have some talent. I mean, I've seen some bad acting in bad movies, but not on the level of, say, bad voice acting in a videogame or bad dubbing in an anime. But, it's pretty obvious that Uwe Boll has ZERO TALENT whatsoever. How the hell did he get a job in such a competetive industry?

You know whats the scary thing, hes making FarCry the movie... :rolleyes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400426/

Once this makes contact with the Doom movie, the universe will implode.

But seriously, read the comments on the bottom of that page; Uwe Boll is now officially the world's scapegoat. :p

Hahahah... if I was Uwe Boll I would actually fear for my life. :ph34r:

He sure is pissing off a lot of people. <_<

Is anyone truly surprised that this "movie" sucked? But when you consider its dismal performance at the domestic box office, I have to say that I'm proud of all you moviegoers who stayed away from this abombination. Keep up the good work. Stay vigilant. Bloodrayne will be upon us before the end of the year.

post-26-1108100589_thumb.jpg

After hearing about this movie from a co-worker, I am reminded of that scene in Family Guy when Chris says to Brian: "I haven't been this confused since I saw 'No Way Out'." Then there is a flashback to him emerging from the theater to say "I don't get it... how does Kevin Costner keep getting work?".

The same can be said for Pee-yoo-eee Boll.

This man has never made a movie that made money... or even broke even. Of the three he has made, the highest grossing so far is still House of the Dead at just about $10 mil. That is sad for an indie first run doccumentary about boarder collies running on one screen in the middle of the desert let alone a widely released movie.

Someone needs to take this guy's "director's chair" away from him... and beat him with it a few times.

Is there anyone else willing to step up to the plate for movies based video game besides this idiot? I'd swear if he does HALO, Mr Boll better run for his life. I hear HALO movie is in the talks. Let's hope microsoft/bungies gets the right director.

John Woo optioned Metroid, if it helps.

In any case, there's a petition going around. The undersigned are united in their desire to keep Uwe Boll from making any more movies again, ever, videogame related or not.

As for Halo, Microsoft is aware of how poorly videogame movies are doing (and Boll can't take all the credit, since he didn't direct the collossal flop that was Tomb Raider and the Cradle of Life). Apparently, the're getting advice from some guy who used to work for Columbia to write their own script.

Ah, found it.

Halo movie news.