How do YOU watch series anime?

Mechamaniac

How do YOU watch series anime?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do YOU watch series anime?

• Marathon - Lots of pocky, and kiss a weekend goodbye!
    • Daily - One a day.
    • Season - One per week, just like they were aired.
    • Other - Tell us how....Master Yoda.

I used to do it marathon style, but found I missed too much due to fatique, and just plain passing out, and missing several episodes at a time. :lol:

Now, I try and hit one or two a day. I usually get to work, and watch one before I start off. Helps that I usually get to work at least 30 minutes early.

Just curious to see how others have viewed their anime series that they have on DVD or Fansub download or what have you.

Marathon. So far this vacation (last 2 weeks) have completed: Kare Kano, Macross Zero, Boogiepop Phantom, Heat guy J, Inuyasha seasons 1-3, Midori no Hibi, GiTS: SAC season 1 and currebtly working on Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. I cram ina s much I can watch in a day with few days in between. Great vacation! :lol:

EDIT: ROD OVA as well this past weekend.

Edited by Jemstone

I usually watch anywhere from one episode to a full DVD's worth (4-5 eps.) in a sitting, not necessarily on consecutive days but generally with no more than one or two off days. It's more or less substituting anime for my usual TV and movie-rental habits.

Haterist, do yourself a favor and watch Mospeada over your breakfast cereal every morning. It's a great way to take in a series.

0_o when I got my Animego Macross set, I spent all weekend on 36 episodes...I don't know how I did it I just remember being REALLY REALLY REALLY sleepy and outta donuts afterwards. Mom said my eyes were glazed over singing some song.

:o

Damn!, and I thought I was good when I polished off Evangelion in a week!

Do you ever sleep? :lol:

LOL yeah when I get tired enough but I don't think I could ever do an Eva marathon including the movies again. Did that back in 98 and to this day I wish never had. :ph34r:

Sometimes, I'll just watch an episode a day, sometimes, I'll blow through the whole disc in one setting...Rarely, I'll plow through the whole damn thing in one sitting if it's a short series.

Haterist, do yourself a favor and watch Mospeada over your breakfast cereal every morning. It's a great way to take in a series.

cereal? breakfast? morning? i don't have that kind of time in the morning. :(

my day starts the second i open my eyes, shiet, shower and shave. 10 minutes later, i'm out the door. :blink:

it also doesn't help that i bought the japanese version with american subtitles...much harder to concentrate when you're trying to read badly translated engrish....what the heck is a inbit? :lol:

eh, i'll get to it, maybe one episode a night before i go to bed or something.

I depends how I get it and how much time I have. And interest I have for the series. Liek Naruto i get them in batches and watch it as much as i can even late at night. Gaogaigar I watched straight thru same with Initial D. Superlink Transformers I watch when i download it.

what the heck is a inbit? :lol:

inbit=invid. haha I hope that was sarcasm cause after you watch anime a while specially poorly subbed ones form HK then you kinda get the idea. Like GAogaigar. I give it a D- in english grammer. if it wasnt for my rudimentary japanese skills I would be lost!!!!

I have done, and continue to do, all of those about the same amount. Except for marathon, mainly because I haven't had the time recently. :( I usually watch an ep or so a day of the new releases.

I used to watch a disc a night back when I have time. Now I watch it as I have time, and episode or two at a time. :( January is catch up time until the Spring term starts.

Depends on how good the series is... I had Alex's whole Clockwork Orange setup when I watched Last Exile to make sure I didn't blink.

But other serieses like Votoms held back my Netflix qeue... I kept telling myself I'll get to it later.

marathon.... I get my anime from friends... so I'll get little dvd gift packages with around 20-30 episodes at a time... so I'll just stay up until wee hours of the morning catching up on naruto or one piece... in fact, I just finished full metal alchemist in this fashion... sleepy.

Got a full set of Mac 7 two years ago, watched it marathon for 2 days, and having nightmare of Basara singing for 2 weeks, it made me chanting planet dance all the time, even in my class...... :blink:

Every week or every other week some friends and I all get together for Anime Night. We each pick a series and watch a couple episodes (as many as 4 if everyone loves it, and sometimes we'll cut an episode off before it's even finished if it's just that bad). We occaissionally toss in a movie or non-anime entertainment as well.

I've never watched a whole series in one session (not for lack of trying though :p ). Usually I go from 1 episode a day to 1 disc a day, time permitting. I did watch the first two Animego Macross Boxes straight through. Would've started the third, but sunlight coming through the window told me I ought to go to bed :rolleyes:

I could never watch anything marathon. It's too much inactivity for me. At least if I'm playing a game, I feel I have some kind of interaction with it. When I watch anime, if it's during the day (like if I'm home by myself at lunch time), I watch 1 or two episodes. If I'm watching anime before I go to bed for the night, maybe 2 or 3 at a time. Never more than three in one day, though.