Newstype top 25 Anime of ALL time

Ladic

If this is old news, please close it mods.

1 Neon Genesis Evangelion

2 Cowboy Bebop

3 Inuyasha

4 Rurouni Kenshin

5 Trigun

6 Fruits Basket

7Robotech

8 Ranma 1/2

9 Love Hina

10 Sailor Moon

11 Hellsing

12 FLCL

13 Fushigi Yugi

14 Chobits

15 Akira

16 Tenchi Muyo!

17 Azumanga Daioh

18 Initial D

19 Dragon Ball Z

20 Vision of Escaflowne

21 Full Metal Panic!

22 Gundam Seed

23 Wolf's Rain

24 Cardcaptor Sakura

25 Excel Saga

http://noated.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202856

That list is crap. Whoever came up with this list has about as much taste as my penis.

Thank you as I had similar thoughts with the exception of the penis part (gotta be bad for the lady at home, no?)

One only need to see what's placed at #7 to know what really makes the list pure crap (and why everyone thinks EVA is so overrated).

EDIT: Judging byt he list we will ee FMA, GITS:SAC and Naruto on that list next year..... <_<

Edited by Jemstone

This is a list of the best DVD releases, not the best anime in particular.

The criteria dealt manly with the menus, special features, etc.

If that's the case then that'se even worse. Series like Gunparade March with a unique tin should be up there. And just which Eva DVD release are they talking about here? Surely not the one with the messed up remastering.

I wonder how much Harmony Gold paid ADV to have Robotech listed in the top 10?

Why would ADV need paying? Robotech was released on DVD by ADV :lol: If people read this and go out and by Robotech... who rakes in the money... why the publishers of the magazine. <_<

Notice also that its and ADV release in the number one slot... makes you wonder.

Note: Sorry I'm horribly mistrusting of any Anime Magazine published by an anime company just like I'm mistrusting of any "official" game magazine. Maybe everyone should start reading the new relaunched Protoculture Addicts instead. In my mind that's more a Canadian counterpart to Newtype then Newtype USA is. I mean they both got their names from popular anime... but neither of them are in the pocket of a company that releases anime.

Edited by lord_breetai

Note: Sorry I'm horribly mistrusting of any Anime Magazine published by an anime company just like I'm mistrusting of any "official" game magazine. Maybe everyone should start reading the new relaunched Protoculture Addicts instead. In my mind that's more a Canadian counterpart to Newtype then Newtype USA is. I mean they both got their names from popular anime... but neither of them are in the pocket of a company that releases anime.

Whiel I agree with you for the most part I'm not really digging Protoculture Addicts either. Even their old releases were very bias and too much was rooted for their love for Robotech (not bad as fans but very bad for an anime magazine claiming to be objective). I still think they are too "involved" with some anime distributers to really be objective.

I have to agree, that is a crap list for the most part. "Of all time". Hell a lot of those shows were released less then 10 years ago and are only domestic. I enjoyed Gundam SEED but it has no business on that list, RT especially shouldn't be on there cause it isn't even really anime anymore since it was changed and edited together. It would be one thing if the original series that made up RT were there but RT itself has no business being there for the very nature of how it was created. This comes from a RT fan as well. There are things on that list that are still being released I think or that were just released in the last year or so.

Edited by Effect

Made by Newtype USA. Nuff said.

Robotech #7 <_<

best anime of all time : gunbuster

best dvd realese of an anime of all time: gunbuster

best ova of all time: gunbuster

need i go on?

Amen to that. ^_^

As for the list, its a popularity contest. Looks more like a "what's on TV at the moment" list. Reminds me why I don't read Newtype USA. I'd rather buy the Japanese version, and I can't read Japanese.

Pineapple juice.

Sprinkle some fresh baking soda on the head. Wait an hour. Rinse. Ta-Da! Chicken head approved.

Pineapple juice just don't cut it.

You don't put it ON, you drink it!

:lol:

Vostok 7

Drink? Juice? I never made that connection. Fascinating.

Drink? Juice? I never made that connection. Fascinating.

Well, it doesn't make the outside taste better...

;)

Vostok 7

No, that would be up to you and your perosnal hygienes.......

Anyways, Cory, are you still sure this is about DVD releases because the list is still crap if that's the case (Kenshin doens't belong up there and FY Eikoden should be).

The problem with lists is they are all opinion... and everyone has a different opinion. If it was me making the list it would be all anime from the '80s and '70s (stuff that was around when I "got into" anime). But that is me. I think the only list that people would not bark "crap!" at would be a sales figure list with the top selling animes of all time.

... of course those numbers would be hard to come by as tracking sales data over the decades is almost impossible in some cases.

best anime of all time : gunbuster

best dvd realese of an anime of all time: gunbuster

best ova of all time: gunbuster

need i go on?

There was a reigon 1 DVD release of Gunbuster? When? I mean I know the region 2 DVD release rocks.... but I thought MANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA was still sitting on the rights to it and had yet to produce a region 1 DVD... I'm sure this list only concerns R1 releases.

Because ADV publishes Newtype USA. Besides, I was being sarcastic.

Aha, I knew ADV published Newtype USA... hence the whole "why would they need paying they are making money off Robotech, thing" I also sensed you were being sarcastic... so was I. :lol: