Tim Burton's CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.

UN Spacy

The name Johnny Depp seems to be synonymous with "off-beat" roles :) !

Burton and Depp is now of weirdness maximus I thought it was nice by itself the adaptation done of the story of the headless horseman it had nothing to do with the story of Washington Irvine.

If anybody BUT Winona Ryder had been in it, the movie would have been perfect.

Ouch. I love the Wini...she stole my heart.

Tim Burton gives me hope for this. I think everyone will be wondering what his OOmpa Loompas will look like, and if they will break into morality-teaching songs at any points of the movie.

Depp's a veyr good actor, but that poster still looks creepy.

Now, can we get Danny Elfman to do the music?

Considering that he's done the rest of Burton's films to my knowledge, and the fact that the above poster has he's name on it, I'd say the chances are high. Personally, I've always loved the old film. Only Burton could redo it, as I love his work. If anyone can out-do Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka, Depp's the man. I'm definately looking forward to this one.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Burton+Depp were at the core of my fave movie, Edward Scissorhands.  If anybody BUT Winona Ryder had been in it, the movie would have been perfect. 

Now, can we get Danny Elfman to do the music?

Elfman is doing it. He's the guy Burton always goes to first for movie scores.

Ah, well, he is on the poster......

Edited by Jemstone

:huh: ok were to begin, i was never a fan of the original so i am not to interested in this one, what ever happened to Marilyn Manson :rolleyes: he sure looks like he could have played the main part. does anyone know if that was even a real rumor? I like johhny depp alot i think he is a great and highly likeable actor , i look forward to seeing the trailer to this film, but I will probably not see the entire move. i think i will stick with the candy however i do love those :)

The original is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I'm pretty skeptical, because there's two Tim Burton formulae in direct conflict here.

Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = good movie, at least worth watching. (sleepy hollow, ed wood)

Tim Burton + remake = total piece of steaming monkey poo (planet of the apes)

I'm curious to see how this one plays out, but I've gotta be honest when I say that I see absolutely no need for this movie to be remade or updated or whatever you want to call it.

... what ever happened to Marilyn Manson :rolleyes: he sure looks like he could have played the main part. does anyone know if that was even a real rumor?

I actually heard him comemnting on it at one point(yay for TVs running in public places).

Something about how he saw the true nature of Willy Wonka as the anti-christ and was gonna play it that way.

I guess I've always looked at this Tim Burton project more as his take on the book rather than a "remake" of the original film. He probably has always been a fan of the book and saw a lot of potential in it that the Willy Wonka film missed.

Although I'm sure most people would want to crucify me for saying so, I wish a director like Tim Burton, Jean Pierre Jeunet or Peter Jackson would make a new Wizard of Oz film that follows the book more closely. There is a lot of potential there and the original film, although entertaining, seems like a high-school play with bad props when I watch it today.

I guess I've always looked at this Tim Burton project more as his take on the book rather than a "remake" of the original film. He probably has always been a fan of the book and saw a lot of potential in it that the Willy Wonka film missed.

Although I'm sure most people would want to crucify me for saying so, I wish a director like Tim Burton, Jean Pierre Jeunet or Peter Jackson would make a new Wizard of Oz film that follows the book more closely. There is a lot of potential there and the original film, although entertaining, seems like a high-school play with bad props when I watch it today.

You can always go watch The Wiz starring Michael Jackson.

You can always go watch The Wiz starring Michael Jackson.

That movie didnt star michael jackson. He was as supporting actor. Diana Ross was the protagonist of the film. Michael Jackson was the scarecrow. I like that movie. I jsut bought it recently like a few weeks ago on DVD for like 5.50 at Target.

Didn't they already do that? Something called "Return to Oz?" AFAIK, that was supposedly much closer to the books tone.

The Wiz was a reinterpretation, barely based on the Wizard of Oz book. Return to Oz was based on the book Return to Oz, and wasn't really that great. Neither come anywhere close to what a director like Burton, Jeunet or Jackson could do.

I'm curious to see how this one plays out, but I've gotta be honest when I say that I see absolutely no need for this movie to be remade or updated or whatever you want to call it.

Blaine23, do not you know?

When there are no new ideas for movies, remakes will walk the Earth

Edited by RichterX

Planet of the Apes wasn't really a remake of the 60's movie...like this film, it was a recinematization of the original book. Not a very faithful one, apparently. Certainly not a very good one.

Getting really sick of rehashes here. Spider-Man has been good, but I don't think it was ever done very successfully before.

Planet of the Apes wasn't really a remake of the 60's movie...like this film, it was a recinematization of the original book. Not a very faithful one, apparently. Certainly not a very good one.

Getting really sick of rehashes here. Spider-Man has been good, but I don't think it was ever done very successfully before.

The book is actually quite good. The first movie wasn't very true to it either, for what it's worth.