Return of the King Extended dvd preview

uminoken

Even though I dislike the fact that Gandalf and the Witchking won't have their non-action, but tension-filled standoff, I also hope that however their encounter goes, it ends with the cock crowing, and the horns of Rohan blaring. It was a very potent moment and I hope Peter doesn't ruin it (still waiting to watch the EE until we can get a bunch of friends together).

Given how badly the sequence between Eowyn and the Witch-King of Angmar was in the theatrical release (among other things)....I'm not certain any of the extended scenes are going to do much more than reinforce my belief that Return of the King was the weakest of the movie trilogy because it had to play catchup due to PJ's stupid storyline decisions in The Two Towers.

got it late last night, watched about two hours of it before I went to sleep... slept because I had work today, which I walked out on because the manager is a witch, anyways, the new scenes so far.. well, most of them, are great.... the gandalf confronting sauroman scene was just great and I wish they had kept in the theatrical version.

Just to let ya know Fry's Electronics has the Exteneded Edition Trilogy for $69.99 (until Friday).

<_< Thanks, just the nudge I needed to go buy it. For $5.83 for each of the 12 DVDs and it will be a few years before Jackson releases another version, this will be Christmas gift for myself. :p

Just bought the Extended Return of the King today.  No time to pop the disc in unfortunately, but at least the Minas Tirith polystone is slick looking.  Nice bonus.  I skipped the other two giftsets, but got this one for sure.  The symphony disc might be interesting too.

One bummer when I looked at the Minas Morgul polystone order form, is that Minas Morgul has a price tag of $75 dollars!!!

That kinda sucks, cause the Minas Morgul display looks uber sweet too.  It's still kind of tempting though, but for 75 bucks I doubt it.  :(

Yeah, I couldn't believe the freakin' pricetag either!! <_<

Hmmm..let's see the EE:DVDs, Symphonic DVD, AND Minas Tirith for $50.......Minas Morgul for $75? What a scam!!!

.....but a scam that I'm probably getting scammed by as I hope to order it. ;):p

As well as the slipcase for $3, not a bad deal there.

Looked at the website yesterday for the Minas Morgul, and they are throwing in a 1/4 scale Elessar's Crown replica as a "free gift." Though the crown ships in the spring and you have to pay separate shipping. <_<

still not worth 75 IMO though.

What is this slipcase? I didn't see it anywhere on the weta website.

Edited by Anubis

Looked at the website yesterday for the Minas Morgul, and they are throwing in a 1/4 scale Elessar's Crown replica as a "free gift." Though the crown ships in the spring and you have to pay separate shipping. <_<

What is this slipcase? I didn't see it anywhere on the weta website.

The Minas Morgul polystone is limited to 8,500 pieces, that's probably why they were pricing it so high.

Link for MM

http://www.lotrdvdbox.com/

Ordered the MM polystone as well as the crown this morning. I'M A FOOL AND A MARKETER'S DREAM!!!

Glad this stuff didn't occur with the other EEs, I'd be broke......and divorced! :blink:

Can imagine there will be other foolish fans like me who will order them when getting the set as a gift. Same for the slipcase. Gotta beat the push from the 25th on.

Ordered the MM polystone as well as the crown this morning. I'M A FOOL AND A MARKETER'S DREAM!!!

Glad this stuff didn't occur with the other EEs, I'd be broke......and divorced!  :blink:

Can imagine there will be other foolish fans like me who will order them when getting the set as a gift. Same for the slipcase. Gotta beat the push from the 25th on.

that's what I'll do... since the ox set was a gift I won't feel guilty splurging on the MM and the crown...

thanks for the link.

Frag!!!!

I have to open the box now?!?... but they wrapped it! :ph34r:

dillemma! :(

EDIT EDIT EDIT!

Anyone with the box set NOT wanting the MM/Crown set want to donate their code to me? PLease send me a PM... :D

Edited by >EXO<

Just to let ya know Fry's Electronics has the Exteneded Edition Trilogy for $69.99 (until Friday).

You know, I went to go buy it at Fry's and it was sold out. Then I went to Target, it was sold out.

Anybody know where I can get this for 79.99 or less? (I'm talkin brick n mortar store not online stores)

I ended up ordering it online through Best Buy for $72.99. It was sold out everywhere I tried here in Portland. With the online system, I ordered it with "store pickup", got an email later saying that it was not available, and it had an offer for free shipping. Ordered it Tuesday, I think I will get it Monday.

Looked at the website yesterday for the Minas Morgul, and they are throwing in a 1/4 scale Elessar's Crown replica as a "free gift."  Though the crown ships in the spring and you have to pay separate shipping. <_<

What is this slipcase?  I didn't see it anywhere on the weta website.

The Minas Morgul polystone is limited to 8,500 pieces, that's probably why they were pricing it so high.

Link for MM

Thanks for the box link!

One box per email and physical address?

That sucks. I need 3 (myself, brother, and parents)

I can wing two of them. Home email/address for one, work email/address for the other. 3rd may be tricky. Maybe only one if they check the billing address. :(

Edited by Anubis

You know, I went to go buy it at Fry's and it was sold out. Then I went to Target, it was sold out.

Anybody know where I can get this for 79.99 or less? (I'm talkin brick n mortar store not online stores)

While prices may be regional, try Walmart. Mine in Sacramento is selling for around $72.99. Fry's increased their price to that as well after one day.

While prices may be regional, try Walmart. Mine in Sacramento is selling for around $72.99. Fry's increased their price to that as well after one day.

I also missed out on Fry's GREAT $69.99 deal, by the time I got to Best Buy (I was planning to do a price match) they were all sold out. :blink:

I also missed out on Fry's GREAT $69.99 deal, by the time I got to Best Buy (I was planning to do a price match) they were all sold out.  :blink:

Yeah, I went to my local and only Fry's in Sacramento this past Sunday and they were sold out of the three movie extended edition box set at $72.99. :blink: I am sure that I will find copies at Walmart and/or Costco. I am just surprised at the demand.

I don't know, I didn't notice. I was too busy loking for new stuff. (only got though disc 1 so far.

I felt kind of underwhelmed by Saruman's death. Something about it just didn't feel right. Wasn't really the time for Theoden to be talking like that to him, pissing Saruman off while Gandalf wanted information from him.

I don't know, I didn't notice. I was too busy loking for new stuff. (only got though disc 1 so far.

I felt kind of underwhelmed by Saruman's death. Something about it just didn't feel right. Wasn't really the time for Theoden to be talking like that to him, pissing Saruman off while Gandalf wanted information from him.

good cop bad cop.

• 4 weeks later...
Looked at the website yesterday for the Minas Morgul, and they are throwing in a 1/4 scale Elessar's Crown replica as a "free gift."  Though the crown ships in the spring and you have to pay separate shipping. <_<

What is this slipcase?  I didn't see it anywhere on the weta website.

Link for MM

Thanks for the box link!

One box per email and physical address?

That sucks. I need 3 (myself, brother, and parents)

I can wing two of them. Home email/address for one, work email/address for the other. 3rd may be tricky. Maybe only one if they check the billing address. :(

Everyone here that was interested able to order the Morgul polystone before they sold out?

Appears that there were 8,499 other 'suckahs' like me who wanted this bad! :blink:

The resurrection of this thread reminded me to order the slipbox. Not bad for 3 bucks.

I'm actually surprized Minas Morgul Sold Out so quickly.

Yes, I;m actually going to try for another slicase for my brother, too.

I guess you have to figure the worldwide sets that were sold, so 8,500 isn't really too too much. Also have to believe that Dec. 25 & 26 were overloaded with orders when presents were opened.

WETA actually dropped their prices on other polystone environments because of the sell-out. The prices are $75 instead of $125 for the Rohan Hall and Helm's Deep. I've seen them in a local shop and they are pretty big compared to the Minas Tirith-type bookend.

**EDIT** Nevermind. :( Both the Golden Hall and Helm's Deep are also sold out because of the sale, but they still have them at the shop I was at........don't remember the prcie though.

Edited by GRAND CANNON