Star Wars Episode III Trailer

I was always under the impression that James Earl Jones acted Vader with a slight English accent as all High Imperials had. Is it just my imagination? I haven't watched the original trilogy in years.

It really bugged me when he said: "Yes my Masterrrr". In my head, I always remembered it being: "Yes my Mastaaa".

In the Star Wars world, The Empire=Nazis, I think it's pretty obvious.

Are you in grade 6 or 7?

I was many years ago.

But I don't see how this is relevant.

Well, you don't seem very well read so I guessed you might still be in elemtary school or perhaps uneducated. Does the extent of your post-elementary school education come from science fiction movies and comic books? Have you ever read up German history? I'm no Nazi, but it's pretty "obvious" you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by peter

Are you in grade 6 or 7?

I was many years ago.

Well, you don't seem very well read so I guessed you might still be in elemtary school or perhaps uneducated. Does the extent of your post-elementary school education come from science fiction movies and comic books? Have you ever read up German history? I'm no Nazi, but it's pretty "obvious" you don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah, they don't teach us how to read in 3rd world countries, I don't even know how I'm using this computer right now. :rolleyes:

Are you in grade 6 or 7?

I was many years ago.

Yeah, they don't teach us how to read in 3rd world countries, I don't even know how I'm using this computer right now. :rolleyes:

I'm actually quite surprised you know how.

:huh: wow geez guys cut with the flaming <_< its a bloody movie... But yeah ladic if you want to be taken seriously back up your theory with points. But wow... is the flaming necessary...

Anyways back to the discussion at hand.

*yes I realize this post really doesn't add any insight to anything but something needed to be said.*

Are you in grade 6 or 7?

I was many years ago.

I'm actually quite surprised you know how.

I'm more surprised that you've never seen star wars.

Here's a shot of General Grevious.

awesome.

GL has said on more than one occasion that the Empire is bassed on the Nazi Party, which of course started as a labor party which gave them a sympathy vote. Just like Palpatine.

The Nazis are part of it, but its more of a comment on the cyclic nature of history. The rise of Hitler is akin to Ceasar, for example.

LUCAS: All democracies turn into dictatorships--but not by coup. The people give their democracy to a dictator, whether it's Julius Caesar or Napoleon or Adolf Hitler. Ultimately, the general population goes along with the idea. What kinds of things push people and institutions in this direction? That's the issue I've been exploring: how did the Republic turn into the Empire?...How does a good person go bad, and how does a democracy become a dictatorship? 

LUCAS: If you were to look at [star Wars] for what it actually is -- get rid of all that cool stuff -- one of its major issues is how you get from a democracy into a dictatorship without a coup. How did the Senate turn it over to Caesar? How did France turn over their republic to Napoléon? And how did Germany hand their country over to Hitler?

That's embedded in the three films that are coming out now. When the third one is put in, you'll say, ''Oh, I see how that all works.'' 

if the empire in starwars is based on the nazis, i'm not sure which part.

nazis are hardly the only country to go to war in search of utter conquest. In fact, in the OT i was never quite sure what all the warring was about in the first place.

the rebels are convinced the empire is evil, but asside from fighting rebels i'm not really sure what it is the empire does thats evil. it's just sorta thrown out there as a gimme.

i really think everyone, in cluding lucas at this point, is reading too much into this franchise.

starwars was originaly based off the heros journey. because of this, it parralells just about every intresting human conflict, fiction or non fiction.

The Old Republic seems to have wuite a bit in common (at least form a visual perspective, too me) with the Roman Republic, turning into the Roman Empire. The difference here is that in Star Wars the Empire is inherently eveil due to the idea/doctrine of rule by fear.

Looks awesome. Hope the actual 2 hour version is as cool and fun. The last two movies had pretty great trailers too. :unsure:

But... this movie has one thing the previous prequels lacked.... the power of the Wookies! Not one, but 2 shots of Wookie power. Including an army.

Blaine is psyched for the Wookies.

Looks awesome. Hope the actual 2 hour version is as cool and fun. The last two movies had pretty great trailers too. :unsure:

But... this movie has one thing the previous prequels lacked.... the power of the Wookies! Not one, but 2 shots of Wookie power. Including an army.

Blaine is psyched for the Wookies.

gotta love that 3rd person... :(

I hope we get to see some wookies actually rip some arms off of people in this one....but for some reason I doubt it'll even come up. They'll probably start singing the yub yub song and do the lambada.

I hope Chewbacca rips Jar Jar arm off and beats him to dead with it...

Grevious looks f,ing awesome i cannot wait to see him in action, the only thing i hate is the fact that he probably will not make it out of episode 3 alive. i wish they could have introduced him earlier in the series along with Dooku and really built up a good story for them

Grevious looks f,ing awesome i cannot wait to see him in action, the only thing i hate is the fact that he probably will not make it out of episode 3 alive. i wish they could have introduced him earlier in the series along with Dooku and really built up a good story for them

Was not Grevious in the animated mini serie clone wars?

well yeh , but i mean in the actual movie itself, i do not think they even talk to much about him in the animated series, was there ever a mention as to who he is and where he came from? i wish they could have used him more though out the trilogy. it might have made a big difference in this film series to have a great looking villan like this early on and developed through out the 3 films.

well yeh , but i mean in the actual movie itself, i do not think they even talk to much about him in the animated series, was there ever a mention as to who he is and where he came from? i wish they could have used him more though out the trilogy. it might have made a big difference in this film series to have a great looking villan like this early on and developed through out the 3 films.

Maybe he's been around for all the prequels... maybe he's someone that got killed in EpI or II.

yea i remember the story about he being the more mechanical rebuilt Darth Maul, i am still not sure yet, it would be kinda cool though if he was. but from what i am hearing probably not. that is the only character that seems like it could be. the only character is from Episode 2 and that is jango fett and i am pretty certain it is not him, but he is the only other person that seems like he would have any skill enough to be rebuilt as this guy.

edit: added more stuff to my post

Edited by zeo-mare

yea they do look like star destroyers, i would not be surprised if we see many other ships and things that look similar and familiar, this film is where they finally start to tie the 2 trilogies together.

it might have made a big difference in this film series to have a great looking villan like this  early on and developed through out the 3 films.

Darth Maul would've been good for that. Killed him off too fast, I think.

agreed in full, i hope it is darth maul B))

Edited by zeo-mare

here's my rant on Darth Maul. he gets sliced in half by Obi-Wan at end of episode 1. Okay, thats fine. Then they set up for the start of what war, the CLONE wars. why Darth Maul is not cloned and reincarnated is a mystery to me.

General Grievious, looks cool, but definately comes out of left field. I just don't know what to expect from him/it.