New Robotech Series

GodMedia

clips from shadow chronicles? what is this?

http://www.shadowchroniclesnews.com/Media.htm

Also...

Needs more Southern Cross.

Then you really want the new RT to suck.

The new footage really doesn't do anything for me.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...pic=4740&st=240

Robotech,proof that if you ignore something it wont go away. Kind of like the little kid next door who wont be quiet at 6 am on a saturady and you just got off work.

I also agree with the huddled masses statement made above. All you hear of is dragonnuts this and gheyblade that. I had a roommate in college who owned all of dragonball i was in my own personal hell. So i fought back with all the macross and GITS i could muster.

Did anyone else follow the link to the voltron promo? Now THAT looked lame. And that company is working on the new RT? I think it's safe to say that both franchises have sealed their own fates and are surely headed down the toilet.

Actually...the company that did the new Voltron (Kickstart Entertainment) is not animating the new Robotech. Dr Movie is doing the CGI portion and its unknown at this time what animation studio is actually handling the cell animation.

Actually...the company that did the new Voltron (Kickstart Entertainment) is not animating the new Robotech. Dr Movie is doing the CGI portion and its unknown at this time what animation studio is actually handling the cell animation.

I always thought it was Tatsunoko or a subsidiary of Tatsunoko but that's just me. :huh:

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Did anyone else follow the link to the voltron promo?  Now THAT looked lame.  And that company is working on the new RT?  I think it's safe to say that both franchises have sealed their own fates and are surely headed down the toilet.

They may not be animating it, but Jason Netter of Kickstart and Netter Digital(remember Robotech 3000 the CG proposed sequel?) is the producer of the show.

This new series is basically a MOSPEADA sequel, right, and will be marketed in Japan as such?

To date, we haven't seen any thing to that effect, either from HG or in the Japanese anime press.

Not disputing that is a possibility, but have no proof as yet it is going to occur.

Cyc

This new series is basically a MOSPEADA sequel, right, and will be marketed in Japan as such?

I think that is the plan but they don't have a prayer of pulling that off.

To date, we haven't seen any thing to that effect, either from HG or in the Japanese anime press.

Not disputing that is a possibility, but have no proof as yet it is going to occur.

Cyc

That was the plan for "Sentinels" if that was going to be sucessful. Tatsunoko was going to release that series as a Mospeada or Southern Cross sequel/prequel.

Cyc

That was the plan for "Sentinels" if that was going to be sucessful. Tatsunoko was going to release that series as a Mospeada or Southern Cross sequel/prequel.

Er, what? Do you have a source for that?

Neither Mospeada or Southern Cross were really successful (Mospeada enought to justify a OAV, but Southern Cross just got cancelled early).

Er, what? Do you have a source for that?

Neither Mospeada or Southern Cross were really successful (Mospeada enought to justify a OAV, but Southern Cross just got cancelled early).

From what I remember, Tatsunoko was going to release Robotech 2: The Sentinels(under a different name) in Japan and they were partners with HG and Matchbox. Matchbox pulled out because of the decline of the yen. This caused production to cease. So, Tatsunoko recuperated by using the production stills (that were already completed) for their Zillion series. You have to look around on some of the Robotech faq sites.

Also, there was going to be a sequel to Mospeada; it was Megazone 23. Artmic planned on doing series connected to Mospeada but a major sponser pulled out. So, the planned 20+ series became an OVA. On the Megazone 23 pt.one disc they explain this.

From what I remember, Tatsunoko was going to release Robotech 2: The Sentinels(under a different name) in Japan and they were partners with HG and Matchbox.

So, what evidence is there that The Sentinels was likely destined to be Southern Cross Part Deux?

1.)The main enemy of The Sentinels was in fact NOT going to be the Mospeada Invid, but the Inorganics. If you take a look at the main Inorganic, the Odeon, it looks suspiciously like a desicated Bioroid in alot of ways. There is also the fact that the internal schematics bear a striking resemblance to those of the Bioroid.

2.)The majority of the ground vehicle designs were either Southern Cross vehicles (IFV, missile launcher vehicle, hovercycle) or preproduction designs from Southern Cross (the GMU/MTA-Titan).

3.)There were the Logan and Spartas variable mecha as well as the new VTOL that was essentially a variable retcon of the Sylphide.

4.) Then we have the Wolverine Assault Rifle and the Weasel pistol for small arms, both from Southern Cross.

5.) The uniforms! If those don't scream Southern Cross, I dont know what does.

From what I remember, Tatsunoko was going to release Robotech 2: The Sentinels(under a different name) in Japan and they were partners with HG and Matchbox. Matchbox pulled out because of the decline of the yen. This caused production to cease. So, Tatsunoko recuperated by using the production stills (that were already completed) for their Zillion series. You have to look around on some of the Robotech faq sites.

Tatsunoko was definately involved as they were handling the animation and much of the writing (at least initially, until Macek/HG grew annoyed with how they were handling the characters and switched to American writers). It's also commoly known that unused designs from Southern Cross were scheduled be used in the Sentienels.

But really, I don't it was ever planned to be a sequel to Mospeada or Southern Cross. Carl Macek goes into depth about the creation of the Sentinels in Robotech Art III and as far as I can remember, never mentions plans to use it as a sequel to either of those series.

I think the visual similarities between the Sentinels and Southern Cross come more from Tatsunoko's direct involvement; their desire to use unused designs and perhaps viewed it as a spiritual sucessor to Southern Cross. Given how poorly Southern Cross was received, I doubt very much a sequel would have been feasible or even worthwhile.

... Carl Macek goes into depth about the creation of the Sentinels in Robotech Art III and as far as I can remember, never mentions plans to use it as a sequel to either of those series.

I have that book right here, you are right, there was to be no sequel for either.

Tatsunoko was definately involved as they were handling the animation and much of the writing (at least initially, until Macek/HG grew annoyed with how they were handling the characters and switched to American writers). It's also commoly known that unused designs from Southern Cross were scheduled be used in the Sentienels.

But really, I don't it was ever planned to be a sequel to Mospeada or Southern Cross. Carl Macek goes into depth about the creation of the Sentinels in Robotech Art III and as far as I can remember, never mentions plans to use it as a sequel to either of those series.

I think the visual similarities between the Sentinels and Southern Cross come more from Tatsunoko's direct involvement; their desire to use unused designs and perhaps viewed it as a spiritual sucessor to Southern Cross. Given how poorly Southern Cross was received, I doubt very much a sequel would have been feasible or even worthwhile.

There's a certain justification continuity-wise, too.

The forces seen in Sentinels would've been armed with similar equipment to what the Southern Cross forces would've used. Or at least a close relative. SC and Sentinels gear would've evolved from the same root(which was a VF-1? Riiiight...).

Of course, later Sentinels stuff should've started shifting towards MOSPEADA style, but... *shrugs*

Go to this link; it'll explain all:sentinelsfaqs

Edited by terry the lone wolf

... Carl Macek goes into depth about the creation of the Sentinels in Robotech Art III and as far as I can remember, never mentions plans to use it as a sequel to either of those series.

I have that book right here, you are right, there was to be no sequel for either.

Although Macek does say this in Art 3:

"It was and still is my own personal opinion, that the Japanese intended to take footage from the Sentinels and re-edit it to create a new program - without the characters from Macross - and present it for broadcast in Japan."

Edited by cyclone5uk

Although Macek does say this in Art 3:

"It was and still is my own personal opinion, that the Japanese intended to take footage from the Sentinels and re-edit it to create a new program - without the characters from Macross - and present it for broadcast in Japan."

That he does say... Which he goes on to explain is the reason that the characters who weren't a part of Macross were drawn with more care.

good news:

they used union actors for the new ova.

How is that a good thing. Unions are a horrible thing.

Are you implying that the vioce actors could be of a higher calliber than the first RT show?

good news:

they used union actors for the new  ova.

How is that a good thing. Unions are a horrible thing.

Are you implying that the vioce actors could be of a higher calliber than the first RT show?

union actors are better yes. why you ask?

watch any anime enlish dub(none union actors_

and stuff from wb etc. jlu, batman (they use union actors)

non union actor is anyone who is willing to do a voice. cheap and usually cant; act worht poo.

Union actors: are certified by the union. can act(usually) cost more. get royalties etc.

yes. they will be.