More Shadow Force news

We've already ruled out lame excuses like "oh it's a bad scan" or "someone shifted all the colors" as many people (myself included) fiddled with the image to try and produce a "correct" color scheme.

Huh? I posted the correct version. The one that was featured here on MW was indeed a bad scan with massive color saturation... go a few pages back. In the original post here he's all purple and bright, in the one from other websites he has a normal skin-tone and the green of the background is far more subdued. If he seems too pink to you still just imagine what most white people look like when exerting a lot of energy. They tend to become flushed. Certainly his skin-tone is far from ridiculous.

All of the Robotech characters are getting a redesign for Shadow Chronicles, makes sense it's been twenty years after all.

Here's what I don't get, how did Rick go from a scrawny tiny pilot to a huge admiral? It looks like he's taken up prolific steroid use while in deep space.

We've already ruled out lame excuses like "oh it's a bad scan" or "someone shifted all the colors" as many people (myself included) fiddled with the image to try and produce a "correct" color scheme.

Huh? I posted the correct version. The one that was featured here on MW was indeed a bad scan with massive color saturation... go a few pages back. In the original post here he's all purple and bright, in the one from other websites he has a normal skin-tone and the green of the background is far more subdued. If he seems too pink to you still just imagine what most white people look like when exerting a lot of energy. They tend to become flushed. Certainly his skin-tone is far from ridiculous.

If it's a "bad scan" with incorrect values then by tweaking them in Photoshop you should be able to re-create that other image exactly... which I and a few others have tried and are unable to do. You can get it "close" but not the same. The "Ricky the Pink" picture is NOT a "bad scan", it is intentional.

Chances are the image was colored digitally anyway... who in the comics world colors by hand anymore? The odds of it being a technical error unseen by it's creators are astronomical. That pink image was intentional. It is either someone's idea of a joke or the people who made it are fools.

As for his "skin tone" quit being a damned apologist. IT'S PINK and it looks stupid.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

As for his "skin tone" quit being a damned apologist. IT'S PINK and it looks stupid.

333386[/snapback]

The entire American comic book industry is stupid, you guys need to get the hell over it. The only reason you won't shut up about it is because it's Robotech and bashing a 20 year old cartoon apparently gives your live's meanings.

So, rock on.

Yeah, but theres "a man can run really, really fast" or "a guy can climb walls cause he was bit by a spider" ridiculous, and then theres "oh my god, his face is PINK" ridiculous, which is found on the far side of the spectrum. That look may look ok for Sinestro and Katma Tui, but not so much for rick. :)

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

It's sounds very much like you need a hug. It also sounds like you have a conspiracy theory involving something as inane as a scan of an RT comic book... Maybe they put the purple one on MW.com just to see what people thought and then changed it when it got bad feedback! Right... seriously, it was a screwy scan that somehow (how exactly doesn't really matter) got altered and ended up here... let it go. As for "pinky" I still think his build is more unreasonably than his skin tone.

Well I dunno about the rest of you a-holes around here but I LOVE making fun or Robotech. Be in "pink skin" or "Stage fright, go away" I point and laugh.

This habit gives my life meaning.. Oh yeah, allong with being awesome.

Maybe a too long exposure to protoculture radiations or something makes human skin turns pink. This would explain, at least in the RT universe, why zentrans have weird skin colors sometimes... :p

The entire American comic book industry is stupid, you guys need to get the hell over it. The only reason you won't shut up about it is because it's Robotech and bashing a 20 year old cartoon apparently gives your live's meanings.

So, rock on.

333431[/snapback]

I don't care if it's Robotech, Macross, Kingdom Hearts, Nightmare Before Christmas, or Rock and Bullwinkle. It's a guy with pink skin, who is not supposed to be a guy with pink skin in what is either a horrible colour botch, or a horrible colour botch that was a poor attempt at some sort of lighting effect.

The art in the comic looks fine to me. I actually like the style they're going with for it, as humourous as I find the idea of Edwards and Mother Brain teaming up to conquer the universe to be.

It's sounds very much like you need a hug. It also sounds like you have a conspiracy theory involving something as inane as a scan of an RT comic book... Maybe they put the purple one on MW.com just to see what people thought and then changed it when it got bad feedback! Right... seriously, it was a screwy scan that somehow (how exactly doesn't really matter) got altered and ended up here... let it go. As for "pinky" I still think his build is more unreasonably than his skin tone.

333434[/snapback]

No, what I need is for people to quit being babies about this and fess up to things. If you notice I AM NOT "Bashing Robotech" like a few people on here seem to want to make this. Am I bashing the designs, proportions, content and such as other people are? No. I was asking a simple question about an obvious MISTAKE in the art, a mistake so rookie that if it was made by the original creators it is unforgivable. What I AM doing is asking why someone made such a rookie, idiot mistake. I ask questions and all I get from people is "don't be a hater" and "you just don't like Robotech". Perhaps someone else DID mess with this image and I asked that. From what I see people are being defensive rather than wanting to know, as usual. If it is a "bad scan" like so many people keep harping on then it is a rookie mistake by the person who scanned it, but then THAT doesn't make sense. Think of it this way: if it IS a bad scan then the person who scanned it obviously knew enough to correct the aspect ratio, crop and clean the image so it would read well and be properly aligned... yet they did not color correct it? They would have had the "original" source material right there to compare. I find that hard to belive unless they did it intentionally. If they did it intentionally then THEY are the Robotech bashers, not me.

You all hate and bash Robotech because you secretly love the series.

It's just like when little girls hit little boys when they like them.

Get over it and admit it.

Robotech brought Macross into most of your lives and that's a fact!!!!

Now, just sit back, shut up and let the love flow already, dammit!!!!

Actually, some of us got familiar with the original Macross series first. However, in my case I never saw the end and was duped into believing Southern Cross was osmehow a messed up part of it in 1985. What does make me continue to hate Robotech next to the shady company that owns it, is stupid Robotech fans like yourself.

I have no read this thread at all except within the last week or so since I was refered a couple post links (one where yellowlightman feels it necessary to spit on my gender by calling A1 and Keith "ladies" for their stupid behavior and the second for Admiral Pink hunter). Nor do I have any desire to continue reading this thread or anything else about Shadowfarce. What I would like to say is that maybe MW wouldn't show so much loathing for Robotech if silly Robotechies didn't make it a point to shove it in their faces (on a Macross dedicated site no less) how Robotech is being promoted and supported by Harmony Gold while Macross and it's sequels are being slowly phase dout to the public outside of Japan. Ever think of that as a source for all the hate?

Do yourself a favor, MGREXX, by going away or just shutting the hell up if MW bitching bothers you THAT much.

Then again, you have nowhere else to go, huh?

Edited by Jemstone

333584[/snapback]

So everything is reverse then. You secretly love us, but AgentOne really despises us. I love your "I Always Win Because I Say So" theories.

Anyways, pink skin, who cares? No one here was planing on buying the comic anyways, right? The point of this thread is about the TV series and video that's supposed to be released before.

Geez, you all are deprived of good bash-worthy material.

333584[/snapback]

Yes. That is exactly y I do it. Now that the truth is out there, will u come 2 my place on saturday to help me with my Sentinels fanfic? I need youre insite.

Maybe you should just try getting over it, Js? I mean pointing it out is one thing, but at this point you're just kicking the dead horse to the point of absurdity.

333552[/snapback]

That is because I'm used to getting answers to questions I pose of people. It's a side effect of being the boss where I work. I see something that is obviously wrong and I try to get to the bottom of it. I ask a simple question and get no answer. I ask again and again with still no functional answer.

I can see now that I can not get to the bottom of this as no one knows and apparantly no one cares but me. I just think that a company that creates a product should care about their product enough to ensure it looks good. I ALSO think that people are usually smart enough to color correct things they scan in unless they are intending it as a joke.

H.G. + Robotech = Sucks

FanBoy + Sucks = Love

Love + Sucks = Robotech

Here's proof:

RoboHotChambPistol1a.jpg

333613[/snapback]

Didn't they use this for a"Go-Bots" toy??

Can't remember, but I swear I thought I saw the same thing under a different package of some sort.

Guess I can say that this is H.G.'s fast attempt to market the name Robotech (from a long time ago 1985), they are willing to license the name Robotech to any toy company that can give them big bucks... Quality need not apply, as long as you stick our name "Robotech" in the front of the box.

Edited by Dangaioh

This thread is just funny.

333621[/snapback]

don't say that..., or the mods would just close the thread, and this would be the end of robotech bas... er... the end of talking about Shadow Force.

btw-jst-rd-ur-sig-wld-ulike-a-blt-asap-eta-5min-mr-FTE-418-FTS-EAFB?

Edited by Dangaioh

Wow! In order for me to find info in this thread, I have to sort through pages of poo.

Where are the fair and balanced mods???

I don't like M7 but I can live with myself not posting I hate it in every thread about it. Let the people who want to discuss and share info about be able to do so.

Maybe you should just try getting over it, Js? I mean pointing it out is one thing, but at this point you're just kicking the dead horse to the point of absurdity.

333552[/snapback]

That is because I'm used to getting answers to questions I pose of people. It's a side effect of being the boss where I work. I see something that is obviously wrong and I try to get to the bottom of it. I ask a simple question and get no answer. I ask again and again with still no functional answer.

333609[/snapback]

Then why are you asking the question on this board? Why not ask it on Robotech.com where the creators might actually have a chance to read it and respond?

The Fourth Rail's review of RT: SC#1

Heres a review for y'all on that comic. I am sure Don MacPherson could give a crap about the RT-Macross feud. He didn't like the book, and after following this site for a few years, i have found he generally has good taste in comics. I sincerely hope that no one takes his negative review of this book and says "he didn't like it because crapping on a RT book makes his life complete." He didn't like the book because it had a lot of flaws. hell, some people may love it, but here we have an impartial voice saying the comic kinda sucked. take that how you will.

Then why are you asking the question on this board? Why not ask it on Robotech.com where the creators might actually have a chance to read it and respond?

333639[/snapback]

Because the image was posted on this board not Robotech.com. I post on this board, not Robotech.com. I assume all the Robotech fans on this board who found and posted the image(s) would know the story behind them or at least share my concern about the shoddyness of the image.

Turns out they don't.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

He didn't like the book because it had a lot of flaws.

333643[/snapback]

Umm, no, he didn't like it because he felt it was written solely for hardcore Robotech fans.

There are romantic subplots aplenty to be found here, but I can't make heads or tails of them. One really needs to be familiar with these characters, to be vested in Robotech to fully appreciate what's going on. The writers assume the reader knows who all of the players are. The only character for which any kind of background is provided is Gen. Edwards.

Something else that needs to be explained is the entire premise behind Robotech. What are the Robotech planes/giant armor suits capable of? Why are so many of the Robotech commanders so young? A blurb on the cover bills this is as prologue story to an upcoming Robotech DVD release, and it's a smart bit of marketing. What isn't, however, is the creators' refusal to invite new readers and fans into this world.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

He didn't like the book because it had a lot of flaws.

333643[/snapback]

Umm, no, he didn't like it because he felt it was written solely for hardcore Robotech fans.

There are romantic subplots aplenty to be found here, but I can't make heads or tails of them. One really needs to be familiar with these characters, to be vested in Robotech to fully appreciate what's going on. The writers assume the reader knows who all of the players are. The only character for which any kind of background is provided is Gen. Edwards.

Something else that needs to be explained is the entire premise behind Robotech. What are the Robotech planes/giant armor suits capable of? Why are so many of the Robotech commanders so young? A blurb on the cover bills this is as prologue story to an upcoming Robotech DVD release, and it's a smart bit of marketing. What isn't, however, is the creators' refusal to invite new readers and fans into this world.

333680[/snapback]

Point taken.

Calm down listen why is everyone pissed at MGREXX? He is saying bad stuff though is that the reason or something else anyways...Can we get back to topic? Whos getting the new Shadow Chronicles Comic coming out in 2 days?

333681[/snapback]

Cos' he's a tool... listen, you just joined Aug. When this guy has been trolling MW under different names and talking sh!t about our site. Now that RT.com has banned him for being a tool, he ends up joining here because just like 1st Border Red Devil says... he's a closet Macross fan that can't admit to himself.

Oh yeah, and there was the time that he gloated that he got to see ep. 3 in an early screening, but then forgot about that when he posted that an SW video game spoiled the ending for him... :lol: Comedy at it's scariest.

Anyway, Dean, if there's anything else you want explained to you about the site, I suggest reading every other thread ever created especially the ones started by MGnumbnuts.

Anyway, Dean, if there's anything else you want explained to you about the site, I suggest reading every other thread ever created especially the ones started by MGnumbnuts.

333715[/snapback]

Yes, every thread ever written in MW ever. At least thru the past 2 years. ;):rolleyes:

I'd swear MGREXX was this one loser who'd hang around my group of friends uninvited growing up who would always bs to the extreme in a sad attempt to impress others to the extent that we were sure he actually believed them. But hey, I'm sure they're alot of those guys.

1stBRD, ANYTHING is better than those Sentinels designs. :p But I'm glad to see they were smart and gave her a tamed, tied-up hairstyle similar to what female regs would be in the real military. It looks like they altered her head structure though to make her look less like SDF Misa. I can't put my finger on it, they should have tried to stay more true to the original.