Top ten least favorite cartoons.

VortexVFX

Wow... so I guess nobody liked any cartoon that was on tv between the years 1980 and now...

I liked Macross, G.I. Joe, Duck Tales, Ghostbusters (the version with the movie guys), Loony Tunes (the 80's ones), Transformers, Go-Bots, Fat Albert, Scooby-Doo, Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, DarkWaters, Simpsons, Aeon Flux, The Max, Bevis and Buthead... I am sure there's more but thats just off the top of my head.

I don't think any of these have been mentioned either.

We aren't being negitive pole-smokin' fanboys. There just ARE a bunch of total dog sh!t cartoons out there.

Wow... so I guess nobody liked any cartoon that was on tv between the years 1980 and now...

I liked Macross, G.I. Joe, Duck Tales, Ghostbusters (the version with the movie guys), Loony Tunes (the 80's ones), Transformers, Go-Bots, Fat Albert, Scooby-Doo, Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, DarkWaters, Simpsons, Aeon Flux, The Max, Bevis and Buthead... I am sure there's more but thats just off the top of my head.

I don't think any of these have been mentioned either.

We aren't being negitive pole-smokin' fanboys. There just ARE a bunch of total dog sh!t cartoons out there.

Transformers was pretty piss-poor, and I own it. :)

GI Joe was too... its like an expansion to the Village People.

Duck Tales was cool because Scrooge made a generation love money! :)

COH is calling so I'll get back with more.

You were mentally scared as a child werent you fess up <_<

SilverHawks RULED!!! Who cares if they were like Battle of the PLanets I dont G Force didnt have Lasers in their Shoulders or have cool vehicals

BTF the Cartoon ROCKED it was edutainment yes I 'll give it that norierity but was still cool.

Filmation Ghostbusters was funny not great but funny.

Extreeme Ghost Busters My Buddy was a character voice in that toon so Im supporting it it was a great concept.

Beast Wars had great Writing CGI be damed

Slimer Sucked it made the show TOO Cute

Mr T and the T force.. Who WASNT Mr T a role model for in the 80's

another great toon.

SGT Slaughter was the HOst for the Marvel Sunbrow Cartoon the good one so Chill

I'll bet your parents made you watch nothing but PBS as a kid huh? :blink::lol::ph34r:

Are you talking to me? Anybody who liked Silverhawkes was a retard plain and simple. I realize American children are simpletons in general thanks to TV like PBS (which you most likely watched) but I do expect some something above down syndrome intelligence for those not born handicapepd. Anybody who could prefer BOTP/Eagle Riders over the originals (which they most likely never even seen to begin with) is not an anime fan PERIOD! The other stuff you supported sucked period but I'm happy to know your friends find ways to support themselves without resortign to pimping. As far as Beast Wars/Machines went it does not matter if the writing was bad or good. It's nearly impossible to pay attention to show that looked so terrible.

P. S. No, my parents let me watch and record R rated films off HBO, Showtime and Cinemax when you were still just jizz in your daddy's sack.

Max, don't try to be a smart mouth. It may seem like that but that's not the case. I can also list many shows that were decent and or good for their time. Heck I thougth He-Man, GI Joe, Visionaries, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, the ever favorite MASK and even the Smurfs were decent for their time. I also found all of the Disney shows eitehr good or decent with the exception of Bonkers. I think you and many on here actually forget just how many TV shows aired on TV and what I listed is quite short. (I actually know the insane statistics on just how many shows aired from that time frame you gave) However, this is thread is about what we thought were bad. I found these shwos to be terrible for one reason or another. Then again I could have just listed all MTV stuff to be "cool" and not really give my list much thought, huh?

EDIT: Worst cartoon of all time has to be Barbie and the Rockers in 1987. I could give a synopsis to explain why but the fact this crud was created to rival Jem and the Holograms is reason enough for anybody to knwo just how it doesn't even begin to describe craptastic.

Edited by Jemstone

1. Macross 7

2. Yu-g-oh

3. Pokemon

4. Salor Moon

5. Care Bears

6. Turbo Teen

7. Jem

8. Tiny toons

9. Dic GI Joe

10. Smurfs

Basically all pussy sh!t.

I'm sorry did you just diss Jem and the Holograms? No way no one would do that I must have read wrong. Next you'll say Rainbow Brite is crap and really tick me off. lol, just kidding. But I actually like over half your list.

10. Bey Blade

9. Beetlejuice

8. Freakazoid

7. Pinky, Elmira and the Brain (way to ruin a great series)

6. Shrek

5. Shrek II (so they're movies so sue me their animted and they suck)

4. Monster by Mistake

3. GI Joe Extreme

2. Beast Machines

1. Princess Quenivere and the Jewl Riders (can't stand the sissy girly version of Dragon Flies)

Edited by lord_breetai

6. Heavy Gear (it's nothing like the PC game. WTF?)

I think they were trying to tie it closer to the original RPG source material.

I forgot to mention the RPG D'oh! From what I know from the Dream Pod 9 pen & paper RPG it was supposed to be a spoof of Armored Trooper Votoms. They named their main mech the "V2" that pays homage to ATV. :D

Edited by gerwalk25

Why has no one mentioned Teen Turbo or the Bigfoot cartoon (yes they made a cartoon about the Big Foot monster truck where they stuffed a kitt like computer into bigfoot.)

I hate to say it but I was just watching TFers G1, season 1 the other day, some kid on my dorm hall had just bought it, and it was painful sitting through a single episode. G1 is only good through the rose tinted glasses of nostaliga, as are most 80's cartoons.

Hanna Barbera? Some of their stuff was OK, but I didn't like them for most parts. They're the guys afterall who gave us BIIIIIRRRRRRDDDMAAANNN!!! :lol:

Didn't they also give us the campy Superfriends?

Oh well, at least Space Ghost was recycled for Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. Good stuff on that one :lol:

Edited by Warmaker

i noticed that Captain N and the Gamemasters made the list from Nintendo ( I cannot Believe what they did to Simon Belmont), does anybody remember the other ones name from Akklaim Entertainment? it had the guy from Wizards & Warriors, Bigfoot, and a Red Talking Tomato teaming up with some videogame playing Kid?

I just found this link to a bunch of 1980's cartoons some i am definetly trying to forget. but there also some great ones in here as well, (did anyone here like the Bionic Six?) here is 2 more for my hate list

Fraggle Rock

Bananaman

1980 cartoon list

Chris

Edited by zeo-mare

some i really hated :

muppet babies ( at the end when the girl comes and says something like "everything s going well?" , it gets me sick )

beverly hills teen

dungeons & dragons

scooby doo

sailor moon

super baloo tale spin

darkwing duck

pokemon, digimon & cie ...

all the series for chicks :

jem , orange road , "one orange hair girl who plays voleyball" , little poney , care bears , maison ikkoku , she-ra

i disagree with some you put :

fraggle rock

captain harlock, queen milenium ( maybe your usa version sucked but they are great )

dragon ball

I just found this link to a bunch of 1980's cartoons some i am definetly trying to forget. but there also some great ones in here as well, (did anyone here like the Bionic Six?) here is 2 more for my hate list

Fraggle Rock

Bananaman

1980 cartoon list

Chris

I liked Bionic Six tho it was cheesey at times. I think it may have been the first animated super hero cartoon that fetaured a pretty multi-racial family. I used to wonder who would win in a match race. Rock-1 or Cheetera from Thundercats.

EDIT: Another horrible show, oh yes, add USA's Highlander starring "Quinton McCloud". Can't forget that one. Also Cartoon Network's airing of Sailor Moon S was very painful thanks to bad voice acting and horrible editing.

Edited by Jemstone

some i really hated :

dungeons & dragons

Wow I really loved that cartoon. It was the only cartoon that had any fantasy feel to it and the music was good. I would have rathered it they based it on the toys that were out at the time, but as a kid that loved fantasy, it was good enough.

wow i didnt know most of the cartoons existed.

i can understand the highlander cartoon. i was channel surfing one day and saw it air on some chirstan channel. 5 seconds and i deleted the channel from my tv.

my add to the list

some weird show i saw in a motel 1 day many years ago. it was a sherlock cartoon but sherlock was a talking fox and all the people was animals.

Pokemon

digimon

yugio

sailor moon

Bigfoot and the muscle machines

ultimate muscle

Transformers Armada

Chick Cartoons of the 80's

vehicle Voltron

Mr.T and the T force

the 80's godzilla cartoon.

Hulk hogans rock n' wrestling

Capt N the gamemaster

Etc.....

One for me (that hasn't been done to death on this list) would have to be the old 80's Hercules cartoon, with that stupid centaur. "Hey, Herk!". Ugh.

I can do Newton's voice perfectly

"Hey Herc, Hey Herc is Daedalus, Daedalus... It's Wilomina"

And that other guy

"No one can touch me now that I wear the mask... of Vulcan"

I can't belive people didn't like Captain N and the Zelda Cartoon... man those were two of my favorites... you have to laugh now that there are more refined versions of those characters that are nothing like their cartoon counterparts... I could just see them trying to release Captain N on DVD... you think Capcom or Konami would let them?

wow i didnt know most of the cartoons existed.

i can understand the highlander cartoon. i was channel surfing one day and saw it air on some chirstan channel. 5 seconds and i deleted the channel from my tv.

my add to the list

some weird show i saw in a motel 1 day many years ago. it was a sherlock cartoon but sherlock was a talking fox and all the people was animals.

it's sherlock holmes ( meitantei holmes ) !! and some episodes where made by myiazaki, in some episodes it has a "laputa" touch

it s one of my favorite cartoon :))

There's just far too many for me to even begin to think of a list. I was really picky about cartoons when I was a kid, I hated almost everything except Transformers and Robotech for much of my childhood years, and as I got older and more demanding of both animation quality and writing both of those shows lost their previous luster.

90% of everything is crap, and what I don't like I tend not to watch it long enough to remember it as being particularly bad, though Gundam Wing really does stick out, as I was constantly exposed to it through my college years. It's exceptional popularity, despite writing worse than just about anything else available at the time, cookie cutter characters that seemed to lose depth as the show "progressed", and horribly cliche...well...everything, made it an object of intense dislike for me. I mean, come on, this show made DBZ look like it had been penned by Shakespear. It was not a matter of bad Americanization, either. The original Japanese show was simply wretched.

I can't belive people didn't like Captain N and the Zelda Cartoon... man those were two of my favorites... you have to laugh now that there are more refined versions of those characters that are nothing like their cartoon counterparts... I could just see them trying to release Captain N on DVD... you think Capcom or Konami would let them?

You mean to tell me you actually LIKE "arrogant, big-chinned pretty boy"Simon Belmont who wasn't even heroric and a flying talking Game Boy console midget Mega Man and a Princess that had nothing to do with anything previous with games? Or even a "Mother Brain" that sounded like she was rejected from the Little Shop of Horrors Broadway Play? I could go on but that's just some of the faults. So far the only good thing I saw which was ok about it wa sthat it had Pit and he wasn't a loser like most of the characters were made out to be.

Talking about losers..... Link was the epitome of a girl crazy loser and Zelda was a bitch. Often times for no good reason even if she every once in a while had

reason to for putting up with that incarnation of Link. Plus you could only here "Excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess" so many times before rolling your eyes. I really appreciated the existence of this cartoon but it also summed up to me how Nintendo in general as a company feels about American audiences.

90% of everything is crap, and what I don't like I tend not to watch it long enough to remember it as being particularly bad, though Gundam Wing really does stick out, as I was constantly exposed to it through my college years. It's exceptional popularity, despite writing worse than just about anything else available at the time, cookie cutter characters that seemed to lose depth as the show "progressed", and horribly cliche...well...everything, made it an object of intense dislike for me. I mean, come on, this show made DBZ look like it had been penned by Shakespear. It was not a matter of bad Americanization, either. The original Japanese show was simply wretched.

Though Gundam Wing was a fairly recent thing here in the USA, I had forgotten all about it.

Thanks for ripping apart the scabs! :o

You mean to tell me you actually LIKE "arrogant, big-chinned pretty boy"Simon Belmont who wasn't even heroric and a flying talking Game Boy console midget Mega Man and a Princess that had nothing to do with anything previous with games? Or even a "Mother Brain" that sounded like she was rejected from the Little Shop of Horrors Broadway Play? I could go on but that's just some of the faults. So far the only good thing I saw which was ok about it wa sthat it had Pit and he wasn't a loser like most of the characters were made out to be.

Talking about losers..... Link was the epitome of a girl crazy loser and Zelda was a bitch. Often times for no good reason even if she every once in a while had

reason to for putting up with that incarnation of Link. Plus you could only here "Excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess" so many times before rolling your eyes. I really appreciated the existence of this cartoon but it also summed up to me how Nintendo in general as a company feels about American audiences.

A. You wern't supposed to like Simon in that Cartoon... you were supposed to think he was stuck up and useless.

B. Apparantly Princess Lana actually is from some game, I was told that by a friend can't remember which one.

C. It's not good at all it's corny, I just downloaded the first season a while back... and yeah it's awful but you can laugh at it and that's what makes it great... same reason I watch a lot of shows... same reason I liked Van Hellsing cause I can laugh at how pathetic it was.

And yes Link was annoying (I didn't think Zelda was too bad) but that show could be amusing sometimes, I was watching it free on Yahoo a while back and there are a couple of interesting episodes... It was a lot more watchable then The super Mario Bros. Super show at anyrate...

anyone here remember the new adventures of peter pan? That was a fairly wretched toon.

I'm at lothe to say this but I think I might have actually liked that cartoon... was that the one where they had a "Christmas Carol" parody the one time where Hook was visited by his brother and then the three spirits... and the Ghost of Christmas future showed that Peter would totally forget him and he decided he would have to be even worse then before to make sure peter never forgot the name of James Hook?

Please people whatever you do don't start bashing the Jungle Book cartoon and the Bush Baby.

A. You wern't supposed to like Simon in that Cartoon... you were supposed to think he was stuck up and useless.

B. Apparantly Princess Lana actually is from some game, I was told that by a friend can't remember which one.

C. It's not good at all it's corny, I just downloaded the first season a while back... and yeah it's awful but you can laugh at it and that's what makes it great... same reason I watch a lot of shows... same reason I liked Van Hellsing cause I can laugh at how pathetic it was.

And yes Link was annoying (I didn't think Zelda was too bad) but that show could be amusing sometimes, I was watching it free on Yahoo a while back and there are a couple of interesting episodes... It was a lot more watchable then The super Mario Bros. Super show at anyrate...

God, man are you listening to yourself? Do you realize what you've just said to support your argument? Why shouldn't we like the first hero in a long running GREAT series of games? Cuz Nintendo is stupid and thought to make him an idiot? Konami should have sued for defamation of a great video game character....

Obviously whatever game Lana was from failed badly because everyone I've asked who seem to have been playing games since birth have no idea either (and I can think back to 87-89 when I played at least 150 games and still have no recollection of an "important" Princess Lana.

There's just no defending the the Zelda cartoon (which I have the entire season on tape and about 5 episodes on DVD since it's all about the music) and one word could describe Zelda in it; TEASE! You know the shows are pathetic yet you still support them? What am I missing here that's not making sense to me?

Edited by Jemstone

Hmm, I just tended to forget most if not all the cartoons I did not like, I can't believe you guys remembered them. Looking at the lists I agree with many of them but also disagree with a few points. THere were some that I liked at the time but looking at them now I think they are cheesy garbage, but they were enjoyable as a kid. WHy not instead ask what cartoons did you think were good but were cut down before they could be finished because they didn't pander?