Top ten least favorite cartoons.

VortexVFX

Since I made a thread of the shows that should be shown on TV. I was wondering what is you least favorite toons. Here's my example.

10.)Punky Brewster(Animated): I dunno why NBC and RUby-Spears thought it was a good idea. All they did was animate the TV characters and throw in a cute fuzzy creature in it just for the sake of ratings. The result, a really bad saturday morning cartoon...

9.)Rugrats(from 1997 to present): The show was pretty imaginative in the first three seasons. It was very cute in the very first. The show lost its luster when it air new episodes in 1997. I don't care much for the show anymore.

8.)Doug(Second series):The show was pretty cool when it was on Nickelodeon. But like Rugrats, the second time around was not pretty...

7.)GI Joe extreme: Another reason why everything shouldn't be called "Extreme". Not only the toys sucked, but the cartoon just couldn't hold the candle to the original.

6.)Street Sharks: Pure....unadultriated garbage. Bad dialogue and even worst character design.

5.)The Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog: Like Street Sharks, exept that its also unitntionally funny.

4.)SOnic Underground: I understand that the saturday morning Sonic took liberities, atleast it was good. This filth completely made me not look at a sonic cartoon for awhile. Jaleel "Urkel" White's voice pretty much annoyed the crap outta me.

3.)Double Dragon:Why oh why did this piece of garbage existed. The characters and Story was nothing like it was in the video games.

2.)Gobots:One of the many Hanna-Barbara cartoons I do not wanna watch again. Not only the character designs were bad(AJ, the token black girl from Gobot's cornrowed hair was done horridly wrong), but the voices and dialogue was just too cheesy. I rather watch Machine RObo(the anime in which the Gobot toys were from). Atleast the animation was cool.

1.)Voltron 3D:Words could not describe how much I hate this show. Bad 3D models, horrid character designs, and cheesy voice acting from the Original(they should've improved by getting better actors instead of being nostalgic).

You have to have "The New Adventures of He-Man" and "The New Adventures of Speed Racer" both circa 1991 somewhere in there. So far the "New Adventures" of anything means horrible show on the horizon.....

I've seen cartoons worse than what you've listed, VortexVFX:

1. Mutant League Football

2. Extreme Ghostbusters

3. Pro-Stars

4. G.I. Joe (early '90s version by DiC)

5. Turbo Teen

6. Street Fighter (the U.S. cartoon series)

7. Mortal Kombat

8. Beverly Hills Teens

9. The Adventures of Fantastic Max

10. Codename: Kids Next Door

Dishonorable Mention:

Totally Spies

Code: Lyoko

I've seen cartoons worse than what you've listed, VortexVFX:

1. Mutant League Football

2. Extreme Ghostbusters

3. Pro-Stars

4. G.I. Joe (early '90s version by DiC)

5. Turbo Teen

6. Street Fighter (the U.S. cartoon series)

7. Mortal Kombat

8. Beverly Hills Teens

9. The Adventures of Fantastic Max

10. Codename: Kids Next Door

Dishonorable Mention:

Totally Spies

Code: Lyoko

How could I forget that steaming pile that is the U.S street fighter show.

It was so lame that it even uses that lame ass movie as a story base.

1.MONCHICHI's

2. land of the lost(new and old)-no, it's not a cartoon ...but sux too high heaven.

3.my little pony!

4.thundercats HOOOOO! sucked IMO.

....that's all i can think of

Monchichis.....dear lord, you remember that sh*t?!

2. land of the lost(new and old)-no, it's not a cartoon ...but sux too high heaven.

I've rarely watched something which I didn't like long enough to actively detest it. I suppose it has to have something about it that that makes you really want to like it so that you keep coming back for more punishment. In my case, Land of the Lost is that rare kind of show. I can't even remember the whole deal but what it had going for/against it...

A dorky family gets lost during a camping trip...

and ends up in a prehistoric world with fairly well-done stop-motion dinosaurs...now we're talking

but let's face it, the family is really dorky...I can't remember if there was a good looking daughter...

however, there are also these mysterious pylons and Sleestax critters...cool

but then there's some sort of stupid monkey-boy running around...and instead of driving him off with torches, the dorky family adopts him...

Yuck.

wow i have never really thought about it, though Gobots really sucked the movie was on the other day "Gobots and the Battle of the Rocklords" i could not believe the inferiority of the series compared to the Transformers movie, i do not think i can think of ten bad ones (i am sure they exist...in fact I know it) but once i saw a cartoon that was bad i never watched it again and tried to remove all mention of it from my head

but these make my list it has been so long since i have seen them i am not sure which one would rank first through tenth

1. Gobots

2. Monchichi's, why did you guys have to bring this up, i almost managed to remove this from my head entirly

3. Smurfs

4. Mortal Kombat

5. Rubix the Amazing Cube

6. Jem

7. The New Kids on the Block, I am pretty sure they had a short lived cartoon back in the 1980'S? if so definetly this one

8. My Little Pony

9. Pokemon, I am so sick of these trading card anime series

10. the Shirt Tales

dishornable mention

that Punky Brewster cartoon

Alf

Edited by zeo-mare

wow i have never really thought about it, though Gobots really sucked the movie was on the other day "Gobots and the Battle of the Rocklords" i could not believe the inferiority of the series compared to the Transformers movie, i do not think i can think of ten bad ones (i am sure they exist...in fact I know it) but once i saw a cartoon that was bad i never watched it again and tried to remove all mention of it from my head

but these make my list it has been so long since i have seen them i am not sure which one would rank first through tenth

1. Gobots

2. Monchichi's, why did you guys have to bring this up, i almost managed to remove this from my head entirly

3. Smurfs

4. Mortal Kombat

5. Rubix the Amazing Cube

6. Jem

7. The New Kids on the Block, I am pretty sure they had a short lived cartoon back in the 1980'S? if so definetly this one

8. My Little Pony

9. Pokemon, I am so sick of these trading card anime series

10. the Shirt Tales

dishornable mention

that Punky Brewster cartoon

Alf

Oh god...no.... Now you brought up New Kids on the block in my memory again!

I thought I forgot about that crap.

Well just to get it over with, What about HammerMan?

let's see, bad cartoons...hmm...

1.the snorks (also, nominated for worst theme song of all time)

2.jem (truly outrageous!)

3. rainbow brite (what was mattel smoking when they thought of this craptacular half hour commercial)

4. my little pony (see note above)

5. the orginal gi joe...there, I said it. Come on, all those laser (?) blasts and no one gets hurt! Ever! Everyone just bails out in the nick of time??? Oh wait there was that time Duke almost died, but that was when they introduced that whole Cobra-La-la land thing and it totally went down the toilet

6. Extreme ghostbusters

7. That other ghostbusters show from the 80s with the gorilla

8. Captain N the games master (blatant nintendo commercial)

9. Scooby Doo (all incarnations)

10. Gobots

10.)Punky Brewster(Animated): I dunno why NBC and RUby-Spears thought it was a good idea. All they did was animate the TV characters and throw in a cute fuzzy creature in it just for the sake of ratings. The result, a really bad saturday morning cartoon...

Punky Brewster animated?! Man, yet another reason to be ashamed for being a part of the 80's....

I believe that the reason Punky was animated because they secretly knew that Soleil Moonfrye would grow up to be a smoking hot piece of a@@....

Oh, top 10 least favorite.

1. Captain Planet

2. Captain Planet

3. Captain Planet

4. Captain Planet

5. Captain Planet

6. Capain Planet

7. Captain Planet

8. Captain Planet

9. Captain Planet

10. Initial D

Edited by myk

1. Macross 7

2. Yu-g-oh

3. Pokemon

4. Salor Moon

5. Care Bears

6. Turbo Teen

7. Jem

8. Tiny toons

9. Dic GI Joe

10. Smurfs

Basically all pussy sh!t.

Well call me a pussy.

I think I've watched 8 of those shows at least once and enjoyed 3 of them.

Tom & Jerry, Woody Wood Pecker and Looney Toons are my least favorite. Yeah I know they are classic and their are some funny episodes but before toy based cartoons took over in the 80s TV would just repeat those really old cartoons.

I'm also going to add Foot Ball to my list! Yeah I l know football isn't a cartoon but NBC always played it instead of the Amazing Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. Every Saturday I watched all the crappy cartoons just waiting for a decent one but instead they only showed like only 2 episodes and played Foot Ball the rest of the time.

:angry:

1. rocket robin hood. god i hated that show

2. hercules. a very very close second

3. davey and goliath (ok not a cartoon but i hated that religious crap)

4. cops

5.snorkes

6.carebears

7.straberry shortcake

8. pokemon (brainless crap)

9. yu-gi-oh (however you spell it)

10.dragon ballz

Hmmm...

10.) Apocalypse Zero

09.) GI Joe (the comics were the only thing that was worth a damn)

08.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ruined a great comic property)

07.) Rambo

06.) GoBots

05.) Magnos the Robot..........Xerxes Tire-iron Dada anyone?

04.) Macross 7

03.) Captain Planet...nothing like a cartoon written by moronic environmentalist panty-wastes

02.) Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past

01.) Gundam Wing....yea...like I wanna watch a bunch of pole-smoking boy band nimrods who happen to be able to pilot mecha.

Dishonourable Mentions:

WWF cartoon from the 80s

Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years

There's so many but my honors go to Pokecrap, Jugishit, and most of Cartoons Network poo like Samurai Jack and the similar... and how is it that nobody remembers that POS of Mask?? a stupid r2-d2 that serves as a scooter... also Digimon, Beyblade and all that anime that it's about trading cards and poo like that... again most of Cartoon Network poo and some of the Fox stuff, honorable mention goes to Macross 7, everything from Marvel comics, G gundam and almost all of the US made shows suck big time.... specially Ed, Edd and Eddy :angry:

HammerMan gets my vote as the worst I can remember. Movie quality animation is 24 drawings a second. TV quality animation is 12 drawings a second. HammerMan was like 2 drawings a second, making a jerky "style" that screamed "lets save some money!".

I have problems with all half hour commericals calling themselves cartoons, (but I did like the Transformers when I was a kid) but here are a few other stinkers not based on a toy line;

-Rocket Robin hood (a real old turd, but us Canadians can still see it on our cartoon channel)

-Gilligan's Planet (early 80's dud that somehow sent the castaways into outer space)

-There was a slew of video game shows in the early 80's, like Pac-man, Frogger, Pole Position, etc. They were are lumped together fo a 90 minute cartoon.

-Superfriends (They never did anything except let those idiot twins and their damn monkey get into trouble.)

-Fantastic Four (All because of H.E.R.B.I.E.... )

-Fat Albert (it was never funny...)

-Heathcliff (it was even less funny... Remember the Cadillac Cats?)

-Mr T (this time hanging around with young gymnasts?)

-Casper and the Angels (the friendly ghost in the future (and in outer space) with "Harry Scary")

-The Raccoons (another canadian show where nothing happend...)

-Plasticman (because of Baby-Plas and his annoying voice)

Any more?

Everyone can find room in their hearts for MASK, where illusion is the ultimate weapon and any mundane, harmless vehicle converts into a killing machine. If my camaro could sprout wings, lasercannons and take off like the ThunderHawk I'd be a happy camper....

No particular order

Teen Titans(pure travesty what they did to them)

The cartoon starring Gary Coleman as a guardian angel

80's GI Joe

80's Transformers

Inspector Gadget

US Streetfigher series

US Darkstalkers series (oh Lady Morrigan never looked so ugly)

Shirt Tails

Voltron

Mortal Kombat

i'm going to omit the blatantly girl oriented shows, thats really not fair.

what i disliked was crap like:

TOM N JERRY KIDS

FLINSTONE KIDS

SCOOBY DOO KIDS

sweet zombie jesus, nothing ruined my saturday mornings like when these came on. i can't imagine babies liked this stuff and fans of the original shows musta cringed, i don't know what the point of these things are.

other shows i didn't like:

darkwing duck

animaniacs (sometimes they had good skits but for the most part they left me wanting the loony toons)

mummies alive

bevis and butthead (Mtv = music tv)

the head (Mtv = music tv)

the maxx (loved the comic but Mtv = music tv)

aeon flux (sorry guys, that transparent symbolism just pissed me off)

aquateen hunger force/harvey bird man/the brack show/sealab2021 (dear god why are these so popular)

i know i'm steppig on some pretty popular shows there, but alot of stuff thats popular these days gets on my nerves.

10. Turbo Teen

9. SD Gundam Force

8. Voltron; The 3rd Dimension

7. Darkstalker's (the crappy syndicated US production)

6. Heavy Gear (it's nothing like the PC game. WTF?)

5. Captian Planet (the eco hero with a neon green mullet. <shudders> :blink: )

4. Creepy Crawlers

3. Popples (I remember seeing this suckiest suck that ever suck toon after Ulysees 31)

2. Filmation's Ghostbusters (even though this version came first circa mid 70's as a live action show this toon sucked)

1. A tie between GiJoe's "Got to get tough, Yo Joe!" season and Extreme

Wasn't there a Highlander cartoon that pretty much bombed? I think I remember seeing one episode and quickly forgetting about it.

Same here.

I didn't even finish watching one episode.

I just turned the remote. :p

I'm just going to make a special mention for Yu-Gi-Oh, for having no semblance of plot whatsoever. It is nothing more than a very long, animated manual/tips/strategies for playing the game. In a 1,000x more blatant way than Pokemon/Beyblade are. "But if you had acquired the red-eye dragon card, available in expansion set 4, you would be able to counter that attack in only 2 moves!!! Now watch as I rearrange my deck to include more ice-elemental attacks. Mwah ha ha ha" Tune in tomorrow to learn how to defeat armored harpies if you don't have any lightning counter-attack cards... :p

I am fully aware of cartoon/toy tie-ins (it all started with He-Man and the retraction of an FCC ruling AFAIK), but Yu-Gi-Oh is so far beyond all the others. He-Man, and all other "80's toys-toons", no matter how inane and toy-istic, still had stuff happen/plot.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Most of Cartoon Network's originally made Adult Swim shows

Family Guy (this is just irritating)

Superfriends (this show just sucked out loud, and I can't believe what they did to Batman)

Captain Planet

Ghostbusters (flying car, what!?)

Post movie Transformers (go ahead, kill off ALL the characters I care about. TFs lost thier coolness with their realistic alt modes)

Mobile Suit Gundam: War in a Pocket (I don't care about the boring annoying kid. Show me the damn robots! I so want to see this kid get the crap kicked out of him by the kid from FLCL)

I'm sure that there are others, the memories of which I've long since repressed.

Most of Cartoon Network's originally made Adult Swim shows

Family Guy (this is just irritating)

Superfriends (this show just sucked out loud, and I can't believe what they did to Batman)

Captain Planet

Ghostbusters (flying car, what!?)

Post movie Transformers (go ahead, kill off ALL the characters I care about. TFs lost thier coolness with their realistic alt modes)

Mobile Suit Gundam: War in a Pocket (I don't care about the boring annoying kid. Show me the damn robots! I so want to see this kid get the crap kicked out of him by the kid from FLCL)

I'm sure that there are others, the memories of which I've long since repressed.

They actually made a toy to that "flying" car.