SPACEBALLS SEQUEL?!?

Anubis

Mel Brooks let this out during a Producers interview:

Mel Brooks Writing Spaceballs Sequel

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News September 28, 2004

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens

All I can say is sweet. Spaceballs is one of my all time favorites.

I can see the title possiblities now:

Revenge of the Schwartz

Return of he Schwartz

The Spaceballs Strike Back

Attack of the Spaceballs

A new Spaceball

That Phantom Spaceball

Hopefully it will be as funny as the original, though who will play Barf now *nods head in reverence of the late funnyman John Candy*

no problem, they can recast barf with a new actor, and then use computers to replace Candy in the Special Edition SpaceBalls. that way no one will be confused when they watch the original.

also, now the hairdryer shoots first.

Look at Airplane! sequel

Are you crazy?!? Bill Shatner in Airplane 2 was mesmerizing! No matter how bad the rest of the movie might be, it was worth it for just those scenes. . .

H

I dunno i enjoyed Austin Powers sequals. The second movie was the first one slightl tweaked, but the third one had a lot of new jokes and was a great movie. Airplane II was great, not as good as the first, but it was still damn funny. Just because a sequal isnt as good as the first, doesnt mean it itsnt a good movie. Spaceballs 2 will be good and getting the old cast back shouldnt be too hard (aside from Candy) as most of them had careers that ended up going no where.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think Spaceballs was funny. Mel Brooks has three classics: The Producers, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankstein. Everything else has been pretty bad, in my opinion. He should leave well enough alone.

I do want to say that I believe that Blazing Saddles may be the funniest movie ever made.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think Spaceballs was funny. Mel Brooks has three classics: The Producers, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankstein. Everything else has been pretty bad, in my opinion. He should leave well enough alone.

I do want to say that I believe that Blazing Saddles may be the funniest movie ever made.

fa-bruka!

Oh noes!!!!!!

Mel Brooks raped my childhood!!!!

Anyway, this is a bad idea for the sole reason that Mel Brooks hasn't been even remotely funny in over a decade. Did anybody actually see Dracula: Dead And Loving It? I've had funnier root canals than that film.

I have to agree with bsu_legato. Dracula: Dead and Loving It really sucked. Wasnt funny. Some stupid antics but nothing more.

Parody movies are only funny once. If a sequel is made it is usually just a rehash of all the same crap.

Just look at Austin Powers.

I'm going to have to agree as well. Not to mention, Mel Brooks has yet to top Young Frankenstein or Blazing Saddles. He's just a pale shadow of his former self.

Look at Airplane! sequel

Are you crazy?!? Bill Shatner in Airplane 2 was mesmerizing! No matter how bad the rest of the movie might be, it was worth it for just those scenes. . .

H

:huh:

THIS from a guy who thinks Return of the Jedi sucked. :rolleyes:

Yes Godzilla, Airplane 2 was just like all other parody sequels... All the same jokes just one more time... Lame.

Revenge of the Schwartz

Return of he Schwartz

Attack of the Spaceballs

A new Spaceball

That Phantom Spaceball

Hopefully it will be as funny as the original, though who will play Barf now *nods head in reverence of the late funnyman John Candy*

We already know the title, remember? Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money ;)

Gosh you guys are the Comic Guy incarnants: never just get excited about a new movie. Some of you guys would probably talk smack about the new Resident Evil 4, even with how good it looks. I for one was wondering what face of the earth Mel Brooks fell off of, I'm glad to see he's back. Everything about this election year's reminding me of his "Roman Senate" part of History of the Earth. :p

We already know the title, remember? Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money ;)

lol, you know... as much as I planned on seeing the movie anyway, I'd ESPECIALLY go see it if it had that title... if he had the audacity to put that on there, it would rock just that much more :)

Brooks has been sliding downhill for quite a while... just like all the other greats of hollywood. His first few movies were the best of the best (The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstien), his middle camp were funny in spots but otherwise forgettable (High Anxiety, History of the World, To Be or Not to Be, Spaceballs), his later works are mainly avoidable (Life Stinks, Robin Hood Men in Tights) and his most recent efforts are just downright terrible (Dracula Dead and Loving It).

I myself would rather see Mel retire and look back on a wide career than feel the need to keep cranking out bad movies. Having lost his two best character actors (Gene Wilder, Madeline Kahn) I feel Mel is still to this day searching for their replacements, most of his post-Wilder/Kahn movies just lack that "magic" that the early works have.

My favorite is still

Dark Helmet - "Careful you idiot! I said across he nose not up it."

Gunner - "Sorry sir doing my best."

Dark Helmet - "Who made that man a gunner?"

Major - "I did sir, he's my cousin."

Dark Helmet - "Who's he?"

Col. Sanders - "He's an a-hole sir."

Dark Helmet - "I know that, what's his name."

Col. Sanders - "That is his name sir a-hole, Major a-hole."

Dark Helmet - "What about him?"

Col. Sanders - "He's an a-hole too sir. Gunners Mate 1st Class Phillip a-hole."

Dark Helmet - "How many a-holes we got around here anyhow?"

The entire bridge crew stands up "Yo!"

Dark Helmet - "I knew it I'm surrounded by a-holes." Flips down the mask,

"Keep firing a-holes!"

I love that movie.

Next best is "I'm the bearded lady, who are you one of the freaks?"

Hey, Men In Tights rocked.

Carey El-he-with-the-last-name-I-can-never-spell-properly-ays was an absolute riot as Robin Hood, but the Sherrif of Rottingham just stole the show, by far.

I find that Mel Brooks is more hit than miss, though I have yet to find a way to enjoy Blazing Saddles.

Men in Tights was very funny. Mind you, I saw Prince of thieves first, so it's not like it could have been a much worse Robin Hood movie.

Blazing Saddles was hilarious. The ending was a little off, but the rest of the movie is hysterical. Just don't watch it on network TV. They cut all the best parts out. I can't believe they even edited the camp fire scene.

I'm deffinately looking forward to a Spaceballs sequel. I just wander what they'll about Barf. "Not in here, mister. This is a Mercedes!"

Revenge of the Schwartz

Return of he Schwartz

Attack of the Spaceballs

A new Spaceball

That Phantom Spaceball

Or the title Yogurt gave it himself....

"God willing we may all meet again... in Spaceballs II: The Search For Money."

Wes, beat me to it. But does anyoene sle think this idea is lame?

Edited by Jemstone