AHHH, nightmare lastnight

pfunk

Judging from Yamato's past Macross toys style of marketing, they will definately roll out the GBP armor in 1/60 scale first. Then they will roll out the 1/48 version in about 6 months to a year later -- after they release news that they're NOT gonna do a 1/48 scale GBP. :D

OR...

They might want to make us EVEN happier by rolling out the GBP armor in a scale that's alien to both existing 1/60 and 1/48 yammies... in 1/72 or 1/32 perhaps? Then, they make you buy a 1/72 or 1/32 VF1J along with the armor set, so the you can finally have a complete canon GBP-VF1J. :D

Edited by Beware of Blast

More than likely it'll see the light of day in 1/60 first, as Yamato seems intent on a complete collection of VF-1s in that scale. I wouldn't be suprised if a 1/48th version followed later in the year.

The more I look at 1/48s in Battroid mode, the more I see in my mind's eye how badly distorted the GBP may be due to the nosecone's length. Even for the 1/60s, I expect the armor to be highly restrictive if it's ever made. We should forget about any cool poses for an Armored Valk - it's either hatches open or closed. And that should be cool enough. :-)

Color me cynical, but I don't really expect to see the GBP armor in 1/60 scale. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it in that scale! But then again, I have been wanting the fp upgrade parts for over a year now and....

:rolleyes: I would really love to see the line finished... I'm just afraid it has been largely abandoned for the 1/48's. I will admit that the design and qc problems on the VE-1 have helped to form that opinion. <_< Here is hoping that Yamato will prove me wrong. And it would be nice to have a 1/60 GBP to go along with the monster and the Q-Rau. Of course, I would also love a 1/48 scale GBP! mmm! :ph34r:

I know I've said in before a 1/60 GBP may not be possible beause of the chestplate design blocking the shoulders, but who knows? If the edge of the GBP chestplate doesn't wrap over the edges of the VF-1, maybe the shoulders won't be blocked. For all we know, Yamato could remake the VF-1s as better proportioned, semi-perfect transformation (no integrated heatshield) toys in an all-new universal 1/72 scale... :p

Wouldn't that just piss ya off (sorry 1/60 owners)

I'll bet thats what they are going to do :o

Interesting Avatar...now I am going to have muppet nightmares.. :blink:

I think it will be 1/60 scale first...like a testing of the waters thing.

But then again they did the Fast-Pack thing in 1/48 soooo. Only Graham knows :ph34r:

Being that my collection is ALMOST exclusively 1/60s (better to have spacewise), I'd rather have a 1/60 GBP.... the 1/48s take up a lot of space... ADD TO THAT when you consider the fast packs... an the GBP would be even bulkier... nah, the 1/60 would definately be the preferred way to go.

This is out of context, but... I JUST GOT MY 1/48 FAST PACKS! They are awesome!

Oh greatness! I got one for Hikaru and one for Roy! I also noticed that the sticker sheet has a green skull, mmmmm....

Oh well, and BTW, why was the GBP subject brought up? Did anyone saw, or read something about it?

vic.

Wouldn't that just piss ya off (sorry 1/60 owners)

I'll bet thats what they are going to do :o

Interesting Avatar...now I am going to have muppet nightmares.. :blink:

I think it will be 1/60 scale first...like a testing of the waters thing.

But then again they did the Fast-Pack thing in 1/48 soooo. Only Graham knows :ph34r:

AS for the avatar, I saw it on an offroad forum and allmost wet myself, a bunch of guys here are ussing it on thier fantasy football. I hope it at least gets a few laughs, even though its pretty sick :lol: <_<

I had another thought on the GBP 1/48, since the nosecone would posibly be a problem. Maybe thats why the front part of the nose cone is removable?? :huh:

I really would like to see something like that in 1/48, everything would open and be detailed so nicely ^_^ mmm mmm good

The more I look at 1/48s in Battroid mode, the more I see in my mind's eye how badly distorted the GBP may be due to the nosecone's length. Even for the 1/60s, I expect the armor to be highly restrictive if it's ever made. We should forget about any cool poses for an Armored Valk - it's either hatches open or closed. And that should be cool enough. :-)

Drifand is right, due to the length of the 1/48's nosecone the groin armor on the GBP would need to be disproportionaly long.

However, I was thinking about this and what if you had to remove the nosecone first before attaching the groin armor. While not anime accurate, it would certainly reduce the length of the GBP groin armor. What do you all think, would you accept having to remove the nosecone to attach the armor or not?

Personally, if it gave better looking armor I don't think it would bother me at all.

Graham

Drifand is right, due to the length of the 1/48's nosecone the groin armor on the GBP would need to be disproportionaly long.

However, I was thinking about this and what if you had to remove the nosecone first before attaching the groin armor. While not anime accurate, it would certainly reduce the length of the GBP groin armor. What do you all think, would you accept having to remove the nosecone to attach the armor or not?

Personally, if it gave better looking armor I don't think it would bother me at all.

Graham

Thats what I said,

Heck, Its covering it anyway,,,,,,,,,,dam it, anyone live close to Graham that can ??hipmotize?? him :p:huh: <_< :blink:

I vote for remove the nosecone, hey, you cant remove the cone on the 1/60 can you HINT HINT :)