Best Mech Toy. Ever.

Qrusader

I was just looking through my collection of various Mecha, and it occured to me that I have a butt-load of different mech styles. Old school transformers, new Binaltech transformers, SOCs (EVAs, Mazinger, Dancouga, etc..) and of course, the beloved Macross Valkyries (and not so loved MPC Alpha)

So what do you guys think? What's the greatest Mech toy ever (Macross Excluded!)?

I'm thinking it's the Dancouga from SOC.

My Toynami MPC Veritechs. Hands down.

:lol:

I was trying to quote you but I pressed the report button... now that I think about it, I don't think that was such a bad mistake after all... :lol:;):lol:

Some friend you are, calling to fuzz on me.

Now I'm definately not buying that Real Doll you wanted here in Japan.

Did I say that out loud? :o

Edited by yellowlightman

let's see, my alternators are cool, so is my yammie escaflowne, (dragon mode kicks ass), but i think the best thing i have seen, and will soon hopefully own is the studio halfeye perfect change getter robo, nothing else seems to top that.

Some friend you are, calling to fuzz on me.

Now I'm definately not buying that Real Doll you wanted here in Japan.

Did I say that out loud?  :o

Oh Oh Oh me too! Me too! And a green wig!

Vostok 7

I heard they sell used ones cheap on Ebay... ;)

The hair wasn't originally green to begin with... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

unfortantely i still don't have one, i keep saying i will get it, and every payday, instead of getting it i get more macross stuff. damn, why must there so much cool stuff at the same time? why must we make choices that shouldn't be made by any man? why must i chose between MP Optimus, and Macross every payday?

unfortantely i still don't have one, i keep saying i will get it, and every payday, instead of getting it i get more macross stuff. damn, why must there so much cool stuff at the same time? why must we make choices that shouldn't be made by any man? why must i chose between MP Optimus, and Macross every payday?

If you or anyone else wants a Hasbro MP Prime, just let me know. They are on clearance at my local Walmart for $30.00 plus tax and they have probably fifteen or twenty of them still left. :) Exact cost plus shipping.

If you or anyone else wants a Hasbro MP Prime, just let me know. They are on clearance at my local Walmart for $30.00 plus tax and they have probably fifteen or twenty of them still left. :) Exact cost plus shipping.

whats the difference between teh hasbro version and the latter?

whats the difference between teh hasbro version and the latter?

neutered stacks and cheesy "battle damage".

non transformable = GX-04 S Grendizer of the soc line by Bandai

transformable = 1/48 Yamato VF-1S + strike armour, Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Binaltech :lol:

My 1/48ths with FAST packs are my pride and joy, with MPC Prime running a close second.

haterist, the American release of MPC Prime by Hasbro has shortened smoke stacks, and painted on 'battle damage', that's what Opus is talking about.

My 1/48ths with FAST packs are my pride and joy, with MPC Prime running a close second.

haterist, the American release of MPC Prime by Hasbro has shortened smoke stacks, and painted on 'battle damage', that's what Opus is talking about.

does it suck that bad compared to the japanese(i assume takara) version?

i mean $30 sounds like a great deal. :unsure:

and not drag this further off topic....

gakken ride armor, 20 years old and still kicks butt.....thats not macross. ;)

Edited by haterist

looking at my shelves, I think it's either the metal material gundams...by far the best posing toys I've got.

for sheer overwhelming coolness, I'd go for the black gouraisempuujin set. I put mine together a little different than the official way and it kicks ass

I'd vote for the MPC Convoy, but y'know... it took them 20 plus years to get that one finally right. And admittedly it is awesome, huge, and full of die cast goodness.

But my vote has to go the large Gakken Mospeada Cyclone. They got it damn near perfect the first time. Waaaaaaay ahead of it's time with one of the best and most complicated transformations ever. It only suffers from a slight lack of articulation in the rider figure, but other than that the toy is as perfect as a 1/48 valk.

Gakken's Cyclone was too good for the stinky little kids that bought them. Including me.

From what I actually own:

1) SOC Evangelion Unit 01. I already have Unit 4, but this re-issue arrived the other day. I haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but I still cannot believe I passed this up the first time. Theres just something about the design and colour scheme; it also helps that the joints appear to be tighter than the Unit 4 (which has a tendency to slip).

2) Takatoku Toys Big Dai-X DX. I love this toy. Its not very poseable, and it has a bizzarro "Rocket-Dog-From-Hell" transformation that never, ever appeared in the series X-Bomber. But it looks meaner than Hell, despite being bright red and yellow, and has an incredible sense of sheer, pure, die-cast weight. It also comes with a very pointy sword and multiple spring-loaded rockets for dealing with Commander Makara.

3) Takatoku 1/40 Orguss. Did these guys do anything wrong in the 80s? (well, asides from accounting... ). Dai-X, Valkyries, and then this. Okay, the transformations fiddly, and the plastic joints don't feel very solid, but its a beautiful design and I think I actually prefer it to the 1/55 Valkyries. And I

love Valkyries.

I don't collect mecha toys besides Macross anymore, so I can't really comment.

When I was still collecting those lesser 'other' toys, I'd have to say the Miracle House Shin Getter 1 and Bandai SOC Combattler V were probably my favorite non-Macross toys.

Never owned a Takatoku Orguss, but would like to.

Graham

Hmm....Macross is excluded, so I'm left with the other "lesser" toys, as Graham puts it. Recent experience then, would lead me to say that the MP 'Prime is the best mech toy in regards to sturdiness and construction.